US Hate preacher gets another gig cancelled

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

graham says they will find new venues for him to speak.

I don't agree with anything graham says or does.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

He is a sham, how can you be a man of God and be a backer of Trump.
Priority, God First. Others afterward.

All of the venues graham booked for his tour in England have canceled on him. One had a petition written up and signed to prevent him from speaking at one venue.

I believe in free speech. However this isn't the US and these are privately owned venues so the owners have the right to pick and choose who speaks in their venues. They should show some support for freedom of speech but like I stated, this isn't the US.

Evangelist preacher Franklin Graham planned a seven-city UK tour. All seven venues have dropped him

Priority, God First. Others afterward.

Too bad that isn't the way it is in Trump World.

I know you would. You'd be wrong to do so, but then everyone views the world in a different manner.

"Every Muslim".......is nothing but hate. You do not get to tell those you demonize about the word of God.
In fact, you do. Every Muslim is a stretch, but history, particularly the past 19 years, has shown that Muslims have a violence problem and that it is impossible to tell which one is an extreme terrorist jihadi and which is just an everyday joe, er; Mohammad.

Muslims have a problem? How many countries has this "Christian country" attacked the last 50 years?

So, since NO ONE has the right to immigrate to the United States, it seems to be a prudent position to take until such time as we can develop a solid system to vet anyone coming here.

I'd take this stance against Irish too, as you can't tell who is Sein Fein or not. I happen to be Irish, well, more than 1/1024th at any rate.

I'm fine with that as long as we stay home also......bring the troops home. You never can tell where they will be instructed to attack next.
I'm fine with bringing the troops home, along with all our cash too. Let them hate us for free.

We have never attacked another country because God commanded us to do so, nor have we killed people who would not convert to Christianity.

Really? We don't attack other countries because they refuse to bend to our will? The will of a "Christian" country?

We have, in the past, protecting our legitimate interests abroad. However, since the world wants us to pay for them without giving us our right to defend our interests, I think we should just pull back and let the world go to hell.

We don't need their energy anymore, nor do we need their nastiness.

Sadly that might be the only way from stopping us from killing tens of thousands of innocent people.
We may kill innocent people but we don't target them.
Many times jihadists deliberately launch their attacks from near innocent people so that these innocent people will die when we respond.

Franklin has no excuse for his hate
What "hate"?

To those on the left wrong, any expression of basic decency, morality, or even sanity, is “hate”.
They will never attack the Homosexual Mafia for their relentless attacks on tens of millions of Christian's. They agree with and support it.
The "homosexual Mafia" ? Attacks on Christians? Holy shit, get a grip. There is no homosexual mafia and the attacks are against bigots, Christian or not. Many gay folks are Christian and many Christians are not bigots and in fact support gays.

Would you dare invoke a "black mafia" when blacks demand equality?. I doubt it. Racism is somewhat out of fashion but bashing gays is easier to get away with. You fucking cowards just go after who ever is the easiest target. The fact is that you have a need to hate someone, anyone.
My daughter is a lesbian. I will always love her but I will not condone her sin.

They have.

I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.

Rev Billy Graham.
Then the question you have to answer honestly, if you can, is are the teachings of the bible when it comes to homosexuality and morality bigotry? Or "hateful" and political teachings?

Or are they rooted in sound moral principles the same as theft, adultery and murder are?
All are condemned in the Old Testament.

I doubt you can answer the question .

I do not have all the answers. Here is the answer I have.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that whoever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life

I see no reason a person who is gay can not do this. The Bible condemns me far more than it does a gay person. I have been divorced and remarried. The Bible calls that adultery. Do I have to stop that to accept the words above? No, I do not believe so.

I've always liked that passage.

I was in California last week and was out in the desert in the middle of nowhere. I saw an abandoned building with a bunch of street art on it. I love street art and love photographing it even more.

The following was on the front of the building I had to take a shot of it:

SA#483.jpg

"Every Muslim".......is nothing but hate. You do not get to tell those you demonize about the word of God.
In fact, you do. Every Muslim is a stretch, but history, particularly the past 19 years, has shown that Muslims have a violence problem and that it is impossible to tell which one is an extreme terrorist jihadi and which is just an everyday joe, er; Mohammad.

Muslims have a problem? How many countries has this "Christian country" attacked the last 50 years?

So, since NO ONE has the right to immigrate to the United States, it seems to be a prudent position to take until such time as we can develop a solid system to vet anyone coming here.

I'd take this stance against Irish too, as you can't tell who is Sein Fein or not. I happen to be Irish, well, more than 1/1024th at any rate.

I'm fine with that as long as we stay home also......bring the troops home. You never can tell where they will be instructed to attack next.
I'm fine with bringing the troops home, along with all our cash too. Let them hate us for free.

We have never attacked another country because God commanded us to do so, nor have we killed people who would not convert to Christianity.

Really? We don't attack other countries because they refuse to bend to our will? The will of a "Christian" country?

We have, in the past, protecting our legitimate interests abroad. However, since the world wants us to pay for them without giving us our right to defend our interests, I think we should just pull back and let the world go to hell.

We don't need their energy anymore, nor do we need their nastiness.

Sadly that might be the only way from stopping us from killing tens of thousands of innocent people.
We may kill innocent people but we don't target them.
Many times jihadists deliberately launch their attacks from near innocent people so that these innocent people will die when we respond.

Yes we do. You don't drop bombs from miles up on houses not understanding you are going to kill many innocent people. We simply pretend we don't target them.

They have.

I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.

Rev Billy Graham.
Then the question you have to answer honestly, if you can, is are the teachings of the bible when it comes to homosexuality and morality bigotry? Or "hateful" and political teachings?

Or are they rooted in sound moral principles the same as theft, adultery and murder are?

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that whoever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life

I see no reason a person who is gay can not do this. The Bible condemns me far more than it does a gay person. I have been divorced and remarried. The Bible calls that adultery. Do I have to stop that to accept the words above? No, I do not believe so.

I was in California last week and was out in the desert in the middle of nowhere. I saw an abandoned building with a bunch of street art on it. I love street art and love photographing it even more.

View attachment 305636

I'm a huge fan of street art also.

This is not necessarily a case of "hate." Some speech is intended to incite people to do evil things to others. graham's attacks on LGBTQs, Muslims, and others raise the question of what impact his appearances might have on the communities involved. The venues are private, and his speech may go against the venue operators' beliefs. Moreover, local city councils, religious leaders, business leaders, and private citizens have let their feelings known about him.
Then why did they invite him in the first place? Like any good preacher, he preaches against all sins including homosexuality.
'They'?

Anyway, I haven't heard of him preaching against eating shellfish and having tatts. Got a link?

Yes he's a sham. His god is money, power and trump.

No real christian would support trump.

Yes he's a sham. His god is money, power and trump.

No real christian would support trump.
Oh, the HATE!

What sin would that be?
I had the impression it is Christian dogma everyone is a sinner, which means everyone has sins, Shirley? I wondered whether his daughter condoned his, rather than returning the favour of hating them.

Perhaps she forgives them, which I'm told is a Christian attribute. Don't know where that idea came from...

Vast generalizations demonizing millions of people is based in hate.

Except that nobody is doing that. It is rightly being pointed out that many of the European nations are being flooded with violent third-world savages, and are suffering huge increases in violent crime as a result. If anything can be rightfully be characterized, here as “hate”, it would be the idea that these foolish nations should allow themselves to be so invaded, and their rightful inhabitants subject to this violence and savagery.

But in your madness, you are calling it “hate” to suggest that these nations ought to put the safety and other interests of their own rightful inhabitants ahead of the interests of violent, subhuman savages that seek to spread their savagery to these nations.

They have.

Rev Billy Graham.

View attachment 305636

I'm a huge fan of street art also.

We were on our way to a place called Salvation Mountain. I saw the building out of the corner of my eye. I pulled in. My friends were apprehensive at first. I just jumped out of the car with a camera and went to the building. Street art was all over it. Inside and out. My friends got out of the car and we spent a couple hours there taking photos. We got an even more special treat, a couple artists were there painting. I photographed them.

I've been a huge fan of street art for decades. When I see it, I pull out a camera and start shooting.

I ended up taking close to 300 shots there. I would have taken more but only used one camera. I left the other one I took with me back in the car.

A very good place for street art is Las Vegas. In the Fremont district. It's all over the sides of buildings and so fantastic. A friend and I spent a whole day photographing it all.

Franklin Graham threatens arena with legal action as they cancel yet another stop on his ‘hate speech’ tour

US hate preacher Franklin Graham has reportedly threatened legal action against a Scottish venue after it cancelled one of his performances due to homophobia concerns.

The Trump-supporting preacher, who is known for praising Vladimir Putin’s anti-gay laws and blaming gay people for a “moral 9/11”, is set to visit the UK at the start of Pride Month in June as part of an eight-day evangelist tour.

So far three venues have cancelled his performances as a result of growing backlash led by LGBT+ activists. The latest to withdraw was Glasgow’s SEC Arena, which confirmed on January 29 it was cancelling due to “recent adverse publicity”.

I dont know why we are letting this freak into the country. He just makes a living out of hate.

I think its great, not that he suing. Evangelicals want to control everyones life.
Face it; all the Abrahamic religions want to control everyone's lives. It's their goal in life. They're inherently evil.

Franklin Graham threatens arena with legal action as they cancel yet another stop on his ‘hate speech’ tour

US hate preacher Franklin Graham has reportedly threatened legal action against a Scottish venue after it cancelled one of his performances due to homophobia concerns.

The Trump-supporting preacher, who is known for praising Vladimir Putin’s anti-gay laws and blaming gay people for a “moral 9/11”, is set to visit the UK at the start of Pride Month in June as part of an eight-day evangelist tour.

So far three venues have cancelled his performances as a result of growing backlash led by LGBT+ activists. The latest to withdraw was Glasgow’s SEC Arena, which confirmed on January 29 it was cancelling due to “recent adverse publicity”.

I dont know why we are letting this freak into the country. He just makes a living out of hate.
They've got a right to their religious beliefs, Tommy. It's not all based on hate. The LGBT community should remember these people have a right to their religious beliefs and as long as Graham isn't pushing for those beliefs to interfere with the LGBT community, they ought to let him call them names and predict hellfire, etc. What difference does it make what they think?

Nobody is telling him he can't continue preaching the same hateful things he has always preached. I'm just not sure Graham has the right to force the venue to participate in his religious circus.

You don't get it. The venue already signed a contract and are pulling out at the last moment.

Rev. Graham's belief in Normalcy has been known for literally decades.

So? Recent adverse publicity is a valid reason to cancel.

Please show us where that is written.

Forum List

Back