US health system ranks last compared with peer nations, report finds

Its not particularly positive about the UK.
But we know what the problems are and are open about it. We are dealing with it.
You dont even want to consider there is a problem.
Why are you so defensive ?
How does that help sick people. ?
The Brit medical system is a shit sandwich and the American medical system is the best in the world so what point is the Guardian trying to make?

You really need a link for that?

:coffee:

1726808836059.png

1726808882718.png

In spite of Americans paying nearly double that of other countries, the system performed poorly on health equity, access to care and outcomes.

Last.

I dont think its an indictment of the hospitals It is more a comment on the actual system.

Healthcare is an open sore in the colonies. But the US is no nearer a solution
I don't see us having to wait 96 hours for an ambulance, tainty. That's you clods.

Good luck.

You really need a link for that?

:coffee:

View attachment 1015055
View attachment 1015056

Again, presidents don't legislate.

I hope this helps.

In spite of Americans paying nearly double that of other countries, the system performed poorly on health equity, access to care and outcomes.

Last.

I dont think its an indictment of the hospitals It is more a comment on the actual system.

Medicine for profit has its dark side, for sure.

The Brit medical system is a shit sandwich and the American medical system is the best in the world so what point is the Guardian trying to make?
No. Its the worst. The study shows that. The guardian is just reporting.
And its worth reporting. You pay twice as much for healthcare as anyone else and have worse outcomes.
Stop being so defensive.
The problems of the NHS are not relevant. to shit american healthcare.

Overall, the U.S. is #11 — last — on access to care (Exhibit 1). The U.S. has the poorest performance on the affordability subdomain, scoring much lower than even the next-lowest country, Switzerland (Exhibit 5). Compared to residents of the U.S., residents of the Netherlands, the U.K., Norway, and Germany are much less likely to report that their insurance denied payment of a claim or paid less than expected. Residents of these countries are also less likely to report difficulty in paying medical bills (Appendix 4).

People in the countries performing the best on the timeliness subdomain are more likely to be able to get same-day care and after-hours care. The U.S. ranked #9 on timeliness.

Overall, the U.S. is #11 — last — on access to care (Exhibit 1). The U.S. has the poorest performance on the affordability subdomain, scoring much lower than even the next-lowest country, Switzerland (Exhibit 5). Compared to residents of the U.S., residents of the Netherlands, the U.K., Norway, and Germany are much less likely to report that their insurance denied payment of a claim or paid less than expected. Residents of these countries are also less likely to report difficulty in paying medical bills (Appendix 4).

People in the countries performing the best on the timeliness subdomain are more likely to be able to get same-day care and after-hours care. The U.S. ranked #9 on timeliness.

The report is easy to read.

Last.

We have Obamacare, suppose to be the best in the world.

You loons gave us Obamacare.
Independents brought us the ACA?

Didn't realize we had that much power.

I'm sure record low levels of uninsured Americans is hard for you to tolerate.

Where is the Republican plan? I can't keep track. Will it be ready in 4 weeks or is it just a concept of a plan?

I heard it will insure more people and cost less money and have better benefits. Can't wait to see it.

The Yanks are brainwashed into believing they have world class healthcare. They repeat it to believe it.
If you have cancer you are going to live longer in the US then anywhere else.

Tommy Tainant

I agree with your analysis and comments about the US system. For the sake of discussion I will say that it's possible for the US system to be feasible, medicine for a profit. The trouble IMO is that the humans operating the model to not know the difference between right and wrong, or do know the difference but don't care. Greed is always a factor with humans.

Comparing to healthcare/medicine being practiced by the state, both were utterly compromised in the Scamdemic, but it seems in theory a state run version with close oversight might be able to work. It does work in other countries, but they both have their problems.

Forum List

Back