US household income drops for third straight year

Mine increased.
And that does encapsulate the one of current idiocies on the left.

Ignore economic realities of the poor in the US because you feel just fine. That is not going to work when it comes time to vote, there are a LOT of people that will remember being milk for 1.50 3 years ago and 4.00 yesterday. The willing ignorance used to avoid this reality is moronic.

If someone's pay increases either they or their employer is doing something right. We need more of both.
Okay but are you aware of the enormous income disparity between the working class and the upper class? Its time to focus on increasing incomes of working people.

Okay but are you aware of the enormous income disparity between the working class and the upper class? Its time to focus on increasing incomes of working people.
Most working people can increase their income anytime they want to. Just get a parttime job evenings and/or weekends. That's what I did.

American households' income fell last year as their cost of living jumped higher than it has in over four decades amid soaring inflation and marking the third straight annual decline since the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

The federal agency reported Tuesday that U.S. real median household income fell by 2.3% to $74,580 in 2022, down from $76,330 in 2021, noting that inflation rose 7.8%, which is the largest annual increase in the cost-of-living adjustment since 1981.

The magic of Bidenomics.

US household income fell in 2022 for third straight year, Census data shows
The UAW is trying to buck that trend and get back some of the concessions they made during the recession of 2008.

You’re missing the point. Are you doing this on purpose?
If the point is to increase working people's income, I've addressed it; get a second income. That's what I did. I've almost always had a second source of income, usually a parttime job in addition to my full-time job. Fast food places are desperate for parttime workers that won't quit after a few months. Older folks are more able to speak slowly and clearly over the intercom system as well.

The UAW is trying to buck that trend and get back some of the concessions they made during the recession of 2008.
I'm sure there are millions that would like to buck that trend that don't work for a union.

Mine has gone up regardless of who is in the White House. And when it did go down government policies had nothing to do with it.
Individuals can always do good in a failing economy but that doesn't mean the country as a whole does.

Also, don't confuse increased family income with more spendable money. They are not the same.

For instance, as a retiree my retirement income has increased about 7% since Potatohead stole the election but the buying power of my total income has decreased about 15%.

It is always hard to equate government policies with personal income but it is there. The biggest take home bonus we usually get with a Republican President is a tax cut. I got more spendable income because of tax cuts under Reagan, Bush and Trump. I directly paid out more under Carter and Slick Willy. Indirectly paid out more under Queer Barry and Potatohead.

The economy usually does better under a Republican administration becuse it more business friendly. We had a 15 year economic boom because of Reagan. It did OK under Bush until the Democrat caused housing bust happen. It was great under Trump until the Pandemic caused by Potatohead's Chinese buddies hit.

Mine has gone up regardless of who is in the White House. And when it did go down government policies had nothing to do with it.

If someone's pay increases either they or their employer is doing something right. We need more of both.
There’s no way in hell you people can be this stupid.
What a company pays out has everything to do with overall profitability…profitability has to do with energy/fuel costs, costs to meet and manage regulations, income and sales taxes, healthcare expense….ALL of which have everything to do with government policies.

We know for a 100% fact we can’t take you seriously on matters such as these because we know you believe millions of wetbacks improve income and quality of life for the people you claim to treasure at the bottom.

Moonglow

Forum List

Back