US judge orders Google to turn over data to FBI

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
US judge orders Google to turn over data to FBI

4 hours ago by Paul Elias

google logo

A U.S. judge has ruled that Google Inc. must comply with the FBI's warrantless demands for customer data, rejecting the company's argument that the government's practice of issuing such requests to telecommunication companies, Internet service providers, banks and others is unconstitutional and unnecessary.

Read more at: US judge orders Google to turn over data to FBI

Our government is out of fucking control. Seriously.

Thank God for the appeals process.

That said, maybe there actually IS a good basis for all the "national security" letters.

The watchword, however, is "oversight."

Well, maybe it's "scrutiny."

I suppose there might be multiple watchwords.

Government can trample on anyone's privacy without warrants and without giving any reason for doing so. This is troubling after learning that the IRS targeted people unfairly and the DOJ spied on the media without due cause. Yea, I'd say they are out of fucking control.

This government is trying to systematically kill Google, and thereby infringing on the rights and privacy of anyone who uses their services. I hope Google files suit.

• Banned
This government is trying to systematically kill Google, and thereby infringing on the rights and privacy of anyone who uses their services. I hope Google files suit.

It's weird how these leftist violently protested the patriots act under Bush, just to turn around to defend it under Obama. These people don't give a damn about our first amendment rights...They only did what they did to attack(possibly rightfully so) for political power.

Sick country we're becoming. :confused:

I am certain that there is a 17 year old boy in some garage in America developing an application which will defeat the stormtroopers attempt to trample over our rights.

Judge: Google must give user info to FBI

By PAUL ELIAS
Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO -- Google must comply with the FBI's demand for data on certain customers as part of a national security investigation, according to a ruling by a federal judge who earlier this year determined such government requests are unconstitutional.

Is that "judge" retarded or what.......

It's weird how these leftist violently protested the patriots act under Bush, just to turn around to defend it under Obama. These people don't give a damn about our first amendment rights...They only did what they did to attack(possibly rightfully so) for political power.

Sick country we're becoming. :confused:

What leftists?

What violent protests of Patriot Act?

Can you answer this question for me, Templar? When I first signed up here I remember reading a thread that said the USMB board would close in August of this year? Is that an accurate report? At the time I thought the person verified it with a link. Do you know?

I am aware that quite a few people came over after YAHOO shut down their message boards. AOL boards closed Feb 20th of last year. If this board closes that would leave Huffpost. Correct? Is it possible that is their goal to filter it all into Huffpost so that those they want banned cannot blog any longer? Just wondering. -Jeri

Can you answer this question for me, Templar? When I first signed up here I remember reading a thread that said the USMB board would close in August of this year? Is that an accurate report? At the time I thought the person verified it with a link. Do you know?

I am aware that quite a few people came over after YAHOO shut down their message boards. AOL boards closed Feb 20th of last year. If this board closes that would leave Huffpost. Correct? Is it possible that is their goal to filter it all into Huffpost so that those they want banned cannot blog any longer? Just wondering. -Jeri

Ha ha! You are so sane it is killing me!

I find it funny that I see conservatives complaining about this sort of thing, when they fought tooth and nail against Net Neutrality, which sought to prevent the power of the government and ISP's from spying on things that should remain private for the average internet goer. The main issue of Net Neutrality of course was not this, but this is certainly an encompassing issue of Net Neutrality.

Google was a company that fought for Net Neutrality, and conservatives were at odds against them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back