US Marine has died following a helicopter crash off Florida’s Gulf Coast

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
AN IRISH-BORN US Marine has died following a helicopter crash off Florida’s Gulf Coast.

Staff Sergeant Liam Flynn (34), from Clane, Co Kildare, was one of seven missing Marines and four Army aircrew onboard an Army Black Hawk helicopter which went down near Eglin, Florida yesterday.

It is one of the worst US military training accidents in years.

A US Marine Corps statement said that the searchers are not hopeful of finding any survivors.

Irish-born US Marine dies in helicopter crash TheJournal.ie

1627959264569.jpeg

Seems kind of strange that they would release the name of one Marine while seven others and Army personnel are still missing.

..I was on an LPH in 1987......6 month Med cruise ...many helo ops--no crashes

whitehall the MSM is all messed up....you can never tell with the MSM..they get the information, then screw it all up

..I was on an LPH in 1987......6 month Med cruise ...many helo ops--no crashes
I spent about a month on the USS Boxer LPH 4 about 20 years before you . I always preferred a helicopter landing to an amtrac or landing craft. Ever climb down a net iinto a little flat bottom boat in big swell seas?

Seems kind of strange that they would release the name of one Marine while seven others and Army personnel are still missing.

Not really.

Each branch of service is normally responsible for this. Therefore, the Marines would release it when they want, the Army when they want.

Not really.

Each branch of service is normally responsible for this. Therefore, the Marines would release it when they want, the Army when they want.
I don't know, it just seems strange that they would release this guy's name so soon while the investigation is still ongoing and it is yet to be determined the extent of the casualty list.

I don't know, it just seems strange that they would release this guy's name so soon while the investigation is still ongoing and it is yet to be determined the extent of the casualty list.
And what would the release of a casualties name have to do with the investigation? Would it make them any less dead?

Forum List

Back