🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Muslim Explains Why He Almost Became a Jihadi

His American values told him to fight to enslave people under islam.........I dont think so

Didnt say he did...........what I said was it wasnt "American" values encouraging him to jihad

Didnt say he did...........what I said was it wasnt "American" values encouraging him to jihad
"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight, but rather my American values. I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s. I learned from G.I. Joe cartoons to (in the words of the theme song) 'fight for freedom, wherever there’s trouble.' I assumed that individuals had the right — and the duty — to intervene anywhere on the planet where they perceived threats to freedom, justice and equality."

He seems to feel GI Joe had more to do with his personal commitment to Jihad than the Qur'an did.

Do you think you have insights he lacks?

I understand why Westerners are joining jihadi movements like ISIS. I was almost one of them. - The Washington Post

I think he doesnt know what the term American values means......and wants to use it as a cover to paint himself in a better light.

I think he doesnt know what the term American values means......and wants to use it as a cover to paint himself in a better light.
He seems to show different facets of himself to different audiences:

"Michael Muhammad Knight (born 1977) is an American novelist, essayist, and journalist.[1]

"His writings are popular among American Muslim youth.[2] The San Francisco Chronicle described him as 'one of the most necessary and, paradoxically enough, hopeful writers of Barack Obama's America,'[3] while The Guardian has described him as 'the Hunter S. Thompson of Islamic literature,' [4] and his non-fiction work exemplifies the principles of gonzo journalism.[5]

"Publishers Weekly describes him as 'Islam's gonzo experimentalist.'[6] Within the American Muslim community, he has earned a reputation as an ostentatious cultural provocateur."

Michael Muhammad Knight - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight

"I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s.

Fucking Wrongpublicans, I knew they were all terrorists. Reagan is to blame for ISIS and all jihadi groups worldwide.

Yet another problem the Gray Old Party created yet seeks to falsely pin on President Obama.

He studied at Yale and studied the Koran, yet he missed the part of the jihadists killing all the innocent victims in their rage. All of the Christians who would not convert, innocent bystanders and people in buildings, probably innocent Muslims who just happened to be in the way. He's no genius. No Muslims are.
How would you know?

"For me, wanting to go to Chechnya wasn’t reducible to my 'Muslim rage' or 'hatred for the West.'

"This may be hard to believe, but I thought about the war in terms of compassion. Like so many Americans moved by their love of country to serve in the armed forces, I yearned to fight oppression and protect the safety and dignity of others.

"I believed that this world was in bad shape.

"I placed my faith in somewhat magical solutions claiming that the world could be fixed by a renewal of authentic Islam and a truly Islamic system of government.

"But I also believed that working toward justice was more valuable than my own life."

I understand why Westerners are joining jihadi movements like ISIS. I was almost one of them. - The Washington Post

1.7 billion Muslims on this planet and only a tiny percentage are committing the crimes you WHINE constantly about.

Maybe your bigotry is blinding you to reality?

Maybe YOU are the biased one!

25% - 30% is the commonly agreed % of Jihadi on Earth.

From Prophet of Doom - Islam s Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad s Own Words

I am often asked to guess as to how many Muslims are jihadists. The easiest answer is: enough to commit the terrorist acts detailed in this 1,000-page-long Islamic Terror Timeline. But if you are looking for a more analytical response, I think the math goes something like this:

There are between 1.2 and 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Half are women. While a substantial percentage of Islamic women support jihad, less than one in fifty Islamic terrorist acts is actually perpetrated by a female. That leaves us with a maximum pool of jihadists that is just over 50% of the total population.

The overwhelming preponderance of terrorist acts are conducted by young Muslim men 15 to 30 years old. This age bracket covers about half of the male population of the Islamic world, leaving us with a potential jihad pool of 25% of all Muslims - approximately 300 million people.

A percentage roughly three times as high as the % of Americans in uniform during the Second World War.

At any given time in the past decade, less than 1 percent of the American population has been on active military duty, compared with 9 percent of Americans who were in uniform in World War II. As a result, there is a growing generation gap, with younger Americans far less likely than older ones to have a family member who served.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/us/civilian-military-gap-grows-as-fewer-americans-serve.html?_r=0

There are almost as many Jihadists as there are a total number of Americans!

Muslim Jihadi - Appx 300,000,000

Total USA Population - 318,000,000

"Michael Muhammad Knight (born 1977) is an American novelist, essayist, and journalist.[1]

"His writings are popular among American Muslim youth.[2] The San Francisco Chronicle described him as 'one of the most necessary and, paradoxically enough, hopeful writers of Barack Obama's America,'[3] while The Guardian has described him as 'the Hunter S. Thompson of Islamic literature,' [4] and his non-fiction work exemplifies the principles of gonzo journalism.[5]

"Publishers Weekly describes him as 'Islam's gonzo experimentalist.'[6] Within the American Muslim community, he has earned a reputation as an ostentatious cultural provocateur."

One must conclude that he is true to the dictates of the Koran and whatever other holy Islamic texts which instruct followers to conquer the world for Allah and Islam.

As such he is STILL the enemy. He is STILL a bad guy. He will STILL influence other Muslims to set about the job of bringing down America from within.

The only difference between him and ISIS is that he wants to sugar coat things and seduce us into accepting Islam whereas ISIS is like a punch in the gut.

The desired goals of the two, however, are exactly the same.

No matter what the SF Chronicle says.

"It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight

"I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s.

Fucking Wrongpublicans, I knew they were all terrorists. Reagan is to blame for ISIS and all jihadi groups worldwide.

Yet another problem the Gray Old Party created yet seeks to falsely pin on President Obama.

He studied at Yale and studied the Koran, yet he missed the part of the jihadists killing all the innocent victims in their rage. All of the Christians who would not convert, innocent bystanders and people in buildings, probably innocent Muslims who just happened to be in the way. He's no genius. No Muslims are.
How would you know?

"For me, wanting to go to Chechnya wasn’t reducible to my 'Muslim rage' or 'hatred for the West.'

"This may be hard to believe, but I thought about the war in terms of compassion. Like so many Americans moved by their love of country to serve in the armed forces, I yearned to fight oppression and protect the safety and dignity of others.

"I believed that this world was in bad shape.

"I placed my faith in somewhat magical solutions claiming that the world could be fixed by a renewal of authentic Islam and a truly Islamic system of government.

"But I also believed that working toward justice was more valuable than my own life."

1.7 billion Muslims on this planet and only a tiny percentage are committing the crimes you WHINE constantly about.

Maybe YOU are the biased one!

25% - 30% is the commonly agreed % of Jihadi on Earth.

From Prophet of Doom - Islam s Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad s Own Words

I am often asked to guess as to how many Muslims are jihadists. The easiest answer is: enough to commit the terrorist acts detailed in this 1,000-page-long Islamic Terror Timeline. But if you are looking for a more analytical response, I think the math goes something like this:

There are between 1.2 and 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Half are women. While a substantial percentage of Islamic women support jihad, less than one in fifty Islamic terrorist acts is actually perpetrated by a female. That leaves us with a maximum pool of jihadists that is just over 50% of the total population.

The overwhelming preponderance of terrorist acts are conducted by young Muslim men 15 to 30 years old. This age bracket covers about half of the male population of the Islamic world, leaving us with a potential jihad pool of 25% of all Muslims - approximately 300 million people.

A percentage roughly three times as high as the % of Americans in uniform during the Second World War.

At any given time in the past decade, less than 1 percent of the American population has been on active military duty, compared with 9 percent of Americans who were in uniform in World War II. As a result, there is a growing generation gap, with younger Americans far less likely than older ones to have a family member who served.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/us/civilian-military-gap-grows-as-fewer-americans-serve.html?_r=0

There are almost as many Jihadists as there are a total number of Americans!

Muslim Jihadi - Appx 300,000,000

Total USA Population - 318,000,000
You're saying every one of the 15-30 year-old males in the Muslim world are violent terrorists? If you're American, your government has been responsible for massive acts of violence resulting in the murder, maiming, and displacement of millions of innocent Muslims in the last 13 years; how can you expect to distinguish between the various interpretations of "jihad" without factoring in why some young Muslim males might be inclined to a violent response from watching their families destroyed by the US military.

His given middle name is a clue to the peculiar type of anti-American Pentecostal religious teachings exhibited by people like Obama's favorite preacher, Rev. Wright.

One must conclude that he is true to the dictates of the Koran and whatever other holy Islamic texts which instruct followers to conquer the world for Allah and Islam.

As such he is STILL the enemy. He is STILL a bad guy. He will STILL influence other Muslims to set about the job of bringing down America from within.

The only difference between him and ISIS is that he wants to sugar coat things and seduce us into accepting Islam whereas ISIS is like a punch in the gut.

The desired goals of the two, however, are exactly the same.

No matter what the SF Chronicle says.
Do you believe every Muslim on the planet seeks to conquer the world for Allah and Islam? Knight recognizes the problem for what it actually is:

"...We are raised to love violence and view military conquest as a benevolent act.

"The American kid who wants to intervene in another nation’s civil war owes his worldview as much to American exceptionalism as to jihadist interpretations of scripture.

"I grew up in a country that glorifies military sacrifice and feels entitled to rebuild other societies according to its own vision.

"I internalized these values before ever thinking about religion.

"Before I even knew what a Muslim was, let alone concepts such as 'jihad' or an 'Islamic state,' my American life had taught me that that’s what brave men do."

It's reasonable to compare the kid (middle name Mohammed), who was raised with a jihad agenda to hate America, to the president (middle name Hussein) who was also raised with a jihad agenda. Didn't Hussein Obama tell us in an autobiography (allegedly ghost written by domestic terrorist Bill Ayers) that he was influenced by "Dreams of my Father"? Good enough except little Hussein's father was a communist and an avowed anti-American. The kid from West Virginia went to fight for the Jihad while Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama decided to fight for the radical muslems from within.

About 1.2 billion actually.

And what percentage of Nazis were involved in the Holocaust?

In fact, less than .00003% of Nazi party members were charged with war crimes, less than .01% are thought to have been involved with the concentration camps.

So does that make Nazism the "fascism of peace?"

Islam is evil - pure and simple. Most people have an innate sense of right and wrong and will not act on evil. The issue with Muslims, as I have pointed out to you repeatedly, is that they will excuse and support the minority who engage in atrocities. Just as most Nazis did nothing more than wink and nod as a tiny faction committed evil, most Muslims will do nothing more than wink and nod as a tiny faction fulfills the faith. Must Muslims will be repulsed by the act of cutting the head off of Sotloff - yet few will condemn it - fewer still now that it is known he was a Jew, in fact I doubt YOU will condemn it, since he was a Jew. BECAUSE the majority of Muslims voice support for literal Islam, there will always be the small group who act on the commands of the Koran and Hadiths, those who will engage in evil and atrocities.

A black kid with a white supremacist father? :eek:

Yeah, that could fuck you up....
No doubt; however, my bio of Michael in the OP wasn't exactly on target:

"Knight's father, Wesley Unger, was the thirteenth of twenty children born to a Pentecostal preacher in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.

"A participant in outlaw motorcycle clubculture, Unger was mentally ill and abusive, causing Knight's mother to escape with him when Knight was two years old. Knight grew up in Geneva, New York, raised by his mother in a Roman Catholic family of Irish descent.

"Knight's first exposure to Islam came when he was 13 when he discovered Malcolm X through the lyrics of the hip-hop band,Public Enemy.

"After reading Alex Haley's Autobiography of Malcolm X at 15, Knight's study of Islam intensified and he converted to Islam."

Michael's father was the 13th of 20 born to a Pentecostal preacher. not Michael; sorry for my fuck up.
:dig:

About 1.2 billion actually.

And what percentage of Nazis were involved in the Holocaust?

In fact, less than .00003% of Nazi party members were charged with war crimes, less than .01% are thought to have been involved with the concentration camps.

So does that make Nazism the "fascism of peace?"

Islam is evil - pure and simple. Most people have an innate sense of right and wrong and will not act on evil. The issue with Muslims, as I have pointed out to you repeatedly, is that they will excuse and support the minority who engage in atrocities. Just as most Nazis did nothing more than wink and nod as a tiny faction committed evil, most Muslims will do nothing more than wink and nod as a tiny faction fulfills the faith. Must Muslims will be repulsed by the act of cutting the head off of Sotloff - yet few will condemn it - fewer still now that it is known he was a Jew, in fact I doubt YOU will condemn it, since he was a Jew. BECAUSE the majority of Muslims voice support for literal Islam, there will always be the small group who act on the commands of the Koran and Hadiths, those who will engage in evil and atrocities.
Islam is no more purely evil than capitalism is; if it's true officers among the "moderate" Free Syrian Army sold Sotloff to IS for $50,000, were they acting from religious or business motives? BTW, I do condemn his murder, and the murder of thousands in Gaza; do you?

It's reasonable to compare the kid (middle name Mohammed), who was raised with a jihad agenda to hate America, to the president (middle name Hussein) who was also raised with a jihad agenda. Didn't Hussein Obama tell us in an autobiography (allegedly ghost written by domestic terrorist Bill Ayers) that he was influenced by "Dreams of my Father"? Good enough except little Hussein's father was a communist and an avowed anti-American. The kid from West Virginia went to fight for the Jihad while Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama decided to fight for the radical muslems from within.
Knight grew up in Geneva, New York as an Irish Roman Catholic. I don't think he found jihad until his mid to late teens:

"Knight grew up in Geneva, New York, raised by his mother in a Roman Catholic family of Irish descent. Knight's first exposure to Islam came when he was 13 when he discovered Malcolm X through the lyrics of the hip-hop band,Public Enemy. After reading Alex Haley's Autobiography of Malcolm X at 15, Knight's study of Islam intensified and he converted to Islam. It was also at 15 that Knight met his father for the first time since he was two years old; when Knight informed Unger that he was Muslim, Unger told Knight that he was a white supremacist. At 17 Knight traveled toIslamabad, Pakistan, to study Islam at Faisal Mosque. He came close to making the decision to abandon this course of study to join the war against Russian rule inChechnya.[8]"

A black kid with a white supremacist father? :eek:

Yeah, that could fuck you up....
No doubt; however, my bio of Michael in the OP wasn't exactly on target:

"Knight's father, Wesley Unger, was the thirteenth of twenty children born to a Pentecostal preacher in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.

"A participant in outlaw motorcycle clubculture, Unger was mentally ill and abusive, causing Knight's mother to escape with him when Knight was two years old. Knight grew up in Geneva, New York, raised by his mother in a Roman Catholic family of Irish descent.

"Knight's first exposure to Islam came when he was 13 when he discovered Malcolm X through the lyrics of the hip-hop band,Public Enemy.

"After reading Alex Haley's Autobiography of Malcolm X at 15, Knight's study of Islam intensified and he converted to Islam."

Michael's father was the 13th of 20 born to a Pentecostal preacher. not Michael; sorry for my fuck up.
:dig:

The irony of him have a White Supremacist father is overwhelming, almost as if you had a Jewish farther. :eek:

Forum List

Back