US scolds N.Korea for provocative artillery fire

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
The United States criticized North Korea for firing an artillery barrage Monday into disputed inter-Korean waters, as tensions rose on the peninsula.

South Korean military officials said the North fired about 130 shells into the Yellow Sea after the South's navy ended a five-day naval exercise near its maritime border with the nuclear-armed North.

"It is not a helpful sign by North Korea and this is exactly the kind of behavior that we would like to see North Korea avoid," State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters.

Crowley said it was unclear what Pyongyang hoped to achieve by such "chest thumping" and said: "The firing of a very large number of rounds in the region is the last thing we want to see and is not the best way to reduce tension."

-------------------
Will North Korea's provocative actions, which is escalating the tension in the Korean Peninsula, benefit the North?
It will only be harmful to North Korea

Do they have any ICBMs that can reach us? Because I'm pretty sure ours can reach them with ease.

If they wish to escalate the affair, let them- we should not strike without provocation nor should we act to instigate the affair, but we should not hesitate to totally annihilate them should they choose to use us as a tool for the commission of their own suicide.

Do they have any ICBMs that can reach us? Because I'm pretty sure ours can reach them with ease.

If they wish to escalate the affair, let them- we should not strike without provocation nor should we act to instigate the affair, but we should not hesitate to totally annihilate them should they choose to use us as a tool for the commission of their own suicide.

I believe I read somewhere that they claim to have the capability to hit the west coast, and for sure they could hit Japan or South Korea. I'm not sure a nuclear annihilation would be an appropriate response if they hit one of our allies, but there is little danger of Obama choosing that route anyway, so the point is moot.

I'm sure North Korea is quivering in their collective boots. They sank a South Korean military boat and the Hussein showed no signs of a backbone. We're actually fairly lucky the North Koreans are only firing rounds into the sea, they know they can get away with murder (literally) and this administration won't do shit.

I would't be surprised if this is this isn't low level officers trying to provoke something in order to get rid of the Kim dynasty. Lots of weird stuff percolating over there.

Forum List

Back