US Surgeon-General fired (for being born outside the US)

It's not a really big deal in the context of how twisted the current American government is, and in fact the Surgeon Gen. has little official power. The main point is that his firing is yet another example of the Trump/Bannon 'purge'. Dr. Murthy was on thin ice because he was a) born in the UK and b) brown. It would be odd to attack H-1B visas for 'foreign experts' and have one such heading up a central agency, right?

And of course, in-line with surrounding himself with lowly minions, Trump & Co. appoint a mere nurse as the Surgeon-General, and you can just bet that she will do whatever she is told to do all...the...time. Bark lassie.

So do you always spout bullshit with nothing to back it up?
So you agree with Xanzia. Smart dog.

Only FakeMalarkey would consider that as agreement.
:lol:

It's not a really big deal in the context of how twisted the current American government is, and in fact the Surgeon Gen. has little official power. The main point is that his firing is yet another example of the Trump/Bannon 'purge'. Dr. Murthy was on thin ice because he was a) born in the UK and b) brown. It would be odd to attack H-1B visas for 'foreign experts' and have one such heading up a central agency, right?

And of course, in-line with surrounding himself with lowly minions, Trump & Co. appoint a mere nurse as the Surgeon-General, and you can just bet that she will do whatever she is told to do all...the...time. Bark lassie.
---------------------------------------- I agree with the good poster posted info in post #2. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As extra off topic comment , foreign influence is why immigration should be stopped as first generation immigrants never lose their 'foreign ideas' . Thats especially true for muslims where even second and third generation muslims hate the West and the USA Xanzia .

Gotta wonder if some people get their brains used on eBay.... :rolleyes:

JakeStarkey Well I /was/ thinking that, as a reward for his valiant efforts to appease me by completing everything on the honey do list, I might let him come inside and beg for forgiveness so I can make him cry...

I actually don't cry, my emotions are literary colors because I have synesthesia. I just mete out vengeance when I'm wronged. Oh yea, and all the money invested, every single penny of it, is mine by pre-nup. As I said, he is a total moron. ~rolls eyes~

Just a purge of Barry's leftover appointees. He should've done it three months ago.

---------------------------------------- I agree with the good poster posted info in post #2. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As extra off topic comment , foreign influence is why immigration should be stopped as first generation immigrants never lose their 'foreign ideas' . Thats especially true for muslims where even second and third generation muslims hate the West and the USA Xanzia .

Gotta wonder if some people get their brains used on eBay.... :rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------------ well , what i say is true , see the young muslims out of minneapolis , many born and gone to school in the USA that support 'islamic state' and a reinvigorated muslim caliphate and muslim 'shariah' law Pogo .

Murthy is very incompetent and unintelligent. That is reason enough to fire his ass.

JakeStarkey Well I /was/ thinking that, as a reward for his valiant efforts to appease me by completing everything on the honey do list, I might let him come inside and beg for forgiveness so I can make him cry...

I actually don't cry, my emotions are literary colors because I have synesthesia. I just mete out vengeance when I'm wronged. Oh yea, and all the money invested, every single penny of it, is mine by pre-nup. As I said, he is a total moron. ~rolls eyes~
He gets what he has earned, which is . . . nothing.

Murthy is very incompetent and unintelligent. That is reason enough to fire his ass.
He is quite competent, smart, and hard working. You can learn from him. And he has grace. You can learn that as well.

vivek murthy , and just some info . 'vivek murthy' isn't even a 'uk'er' which would be bad enough if he was a 'uk'er but 'murthy' isn't even a Westerner and he is an anti gun indian from 'india' , son of a poor farmer [chuckle] . --- Trump Suddenly Fires Surgeon General Vivek Murthy --- ------- thanks for giving him the boot President Trump !!

a mere nurse

im gonna remember you said that the next time your life is hanging by a thread ...

nurse_ratched-thumb_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg

the bonehead 'murthy' is also the leader of a organization called ' doktors for obama' !!

Trump is not a friend of color, yes, but if he is going to work on increasing professional jobs for Americans, the H-1B people gotta go home.

A high quality "H-1B" for sure! I hope we will continue to get more of these great "H-1Bs".

(To bigots: he is a US ctizen not H1-B)

---

For now, Murthy is keeping things diplomatic and not commenting on the reasons why he was asked to leave. He posted a statement on Facebook thanking “America for the privilege of a lifetime.” He also outlines four lessons he learned while on the job:

1. Kindness is more than a virtue. It is a source of strength. If we teach our children to be kind and remind each other of the same, we can live from a place of strength, not fear. I have seen this strength manifest every day in the words and actions of people all across our great nation. It is what gives me hope that we can heal during challenging times.

2. We will only be successful in addressing addiction – and other illnesses – when we recognize the humanity within each of us. People are more than their disease. All of us are more than our worst mistakes. We must ensure our nation always reflects a fundamental value: every life matters.

3. Healing happens when we are able to truly talk to and connect with each other. That means listening and understanding. It means assuming good, not the worst. It means pausing before we judge. Building a more connected America will require us to find new ways to talk to each other.

4. The world is locked in a struggle between love and fear. Choose love. Always. It is the world's oldest medicine. It is what we need to build a nation that is safe and strong for us and our children.

Trump Fires Surgeon General Who Called Gun Violence a Public Health Issue

Then he opposes Trumps policy on guns and he deserves to go for that reason alone, regardless of his place of birth.

Good grief.

He is quite competent, smart, and hard working. You can learn from him. And he has grace. You can learn that as well.
That ain't nuthin'. There's other LWNJs on this site that could shove their tongue up his ass further than that.

I'm glad Trump got rid of him. Why do you hate women?

Trump is not a friend of color, yes, but if he is going to work on increasing professional jobs for Americans, the H-1B people gotta go home.

A high quality "H-1B" for sure! I hope we will continue to get more of these great "H-1Bs".

(To bigots: he is a US ctizen not H1-B)

---

For now, Murthy is keeping things diplomatic and not commenting on the reasons why he was asked to leave. He posted a statement on Facebook thanking “America for the privilege of a lifetime.” He also outlines four lessons he learned while on the job:

1. Kindness is more than a virtue. It is a source of strength. If we teach our children to be kind and remind each other of the same, we can live from a place of strength, not fear. I have seen this strength manifest every day in the words and actions of people all across our great nation. It is what gives me hope that we can heal during challenging times.

2. We will only be successful in addressing addiction – and other illnesses – when we recognize the humanity within each of us. People are more than their disease. All of us are more than our worst mistakes. We must ensure our nation always reflects a fundamental value: every life matters.

3. Healing happens when we are able to truly talk to and connect with each other. That means listening and understanding. It means assuming good, not the worst. It means pausing before we judge. Building a more connected America will require us to find new ways to talk to each other.

4. The world is locked in a struggle between love and fear. Choose love. Always. It is the world's oldest medicine. It is what we need to build a nation that is safe and strong for us and our children.

Trump Fires Surgeon General Who Called Gun Violence a Public Health Issue
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- With his foreign anti gun views he has no place in USA government . Let him go back to 'india' and teach about proper building and use of indoor plumbing , proper hygiene and toilets Vikrant !!

----------------------------------'ismoe, most Americans believe more like Murthy than you, Sur!

Forum List

Back