US taxpayers pay MORE taxes for healthcare than British taxpayers

There are other ways of doing it, but clearly the US system is wrong.

Then why do we have superior health care?

Which country or countries combined for that matter, have produced more new life extending and life-saving drugs, procedures and technology than the United States?

What is wrong about it? Everything.

No, this is about the US govt paying more than the UK govt for healthcare, basically it's about the US healthcare system being inefficient and expensive.

I'm the OP.

Just because you're the OP doesn't make you right.

Our system, as you know, is far more efficient but not cheap. If you want cheap, inefficient health care, maybe you can commute to Britain or Canada.

And we get less quality
Less people are covered by percentage
And we're ranked higher...35th!

I wouldn't choose the exact system as the British but maybe the norway, Swedish or Canadian version.

I agree. The government needs to stop paying people's bills for them.

If you want to use the per capita argument, you need to also post cost of healthcare, obesity rates, smoking rates and just about any other rate for the two countries.

And we get less quality

I wouldn't choose the exact system as the British but maybe the norway, Swedish or Canadian version.

By getting rid of the bills and having a proper healthcare system which says "human beings are not cars, they deserve better"

And we get less quality

By getting rid of the bills and having a proper healthcare system which says "human beings are not cars, they deserve better"
How simplistically sweet that sounds.

Who pays for it? Nobody, right? None of that is free ... all you have done is displace the billing department ... hardly a solution to the problem.

Forum List

Back