USAA backtracks and will resume advertisements on Hannity

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The Associated Press (AP) reported on Tuesday afternoon that, after severe backlash from conservatives and military supporters, the military financial services organization USAA will resume showing advertisements on conservative talk radio host Sean Hannity’s Fox News Channel show.

USAA Backtracks, Will Resume Advertisements on ‘Hannity’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly what the power of the people can do to these big corporations no matter who they company is. When ppl threaten to leave in masses, they companies either comply or lose millions . Others are going to soon go under when power of the ppl start voting with their dollars and shopping...............

Looks like some leftists got elected to USAA's board of directors.

USAA is a co-op financial institution. The members absolutely have a say in what goes on.

They charge more than GEICO.
Depends. They have a lot of discounts for linked services (life/car/home/umbrella insurance, banking, investments, etc.) and lower costs for long tenure that can make their rates much lower.

Not saying they are always the lowest or the best choice for anyone, but one can't make a blanket statement about their rates being higher or lower than GEICO since there are a lot more variables involved.

Depends. They have a lot of discounts for linked services (life/car/home/umbrella insurance, banking, investments, etc.) and lower costs for long tenure that can make their rates much lower.

Not saying they are always the lowest or the best choice for anyone, but one can't make a blanket statement about their rates being higher or lower than GEICO since there are a lot more variables involved.
I can tell you from experience, they charge more for auto insurance than Geico.

You get what you pay for.

USAA has been known to cover more than their own terms dictate, while GEICO is a poor person's car insurance company.

Personally I'm paying about the same as what GEICO has quoted me at, but USAA has better customer service, yearly premium "give backs," and they're willing to cover you in a broader range of circumstances than GEICO is.

USAA has been known to cover more than their own terms dictate, while GEICO is a poor person's car insurance company.
Damn that Warren Buffet and his Berkshire Hathaway company for owning Government Employees Insurance Company. No insurance covers more than what the underwriters allow.

Damn that Warren Buffet and his Berkshire Hathaway company for owning Government Employees Insurance Company. No insurance covers more than what the underwriters allow.

I'm glad you think you know more about insurance than everyone else does.

You can tell me from experience that for your own personal situation they charge more for auto insurance than Geico would charge you.

And the coverage is the same, surprise, surprise, surprise.
I've made no comment on the coverage, I was talking about the ridiculous notion that as dynamic as insurance pricing is someone would believe everyone else would have the exact same quotes from two companies so an absolute statement could be made about which is cheaper. There is driving history, age, gender, location, car type, etc. a million other variables. Even all that being equal someone with USAA who has 25 years with them and also has home insurance/banking/investments is going to get a completely different quote than someone not in that situation.

I believe you when you say GEICO offered you a lower quote. I don't take it for gospel that the same applies to everyone else.

Forum List

Back