USMB Coffee Shop IV

This extension turns all sites to dark mode...You can selectively turn it off for the very few sites it interferes with...

I don't care for dark mode but for those who the bright white bothers their eyes, it is a blessing.

Today, in 1969....Was just a lad, but remember it like it was just yesterday...Was glued to the teevee listening to every call....

Today, in 1969....Was just a lad, but remember it like it was just yesterday...Was glued to the teevee listening to every call....

Yes we were glued to the television that evening as well. One of those things you just don't forget.

It is beautiful here today. Brilliant blue sky and currently 71 degrees. High of 82, low humidity.
Niiice
Remind me where you are iamwhat. . .here in Albuquerque the temps are in the very low 90's which is normal and pleasant for us this time of year. Supposed to be cooler the next few days.

Remind me where you are iamwhat. . .here in Albuquerque the temps are in the very low 90's which is normal and pleasant for us this time of year. Supposed to be cooler the next few days.
Southern Indiana
It's funny, when people hear I am from Indiana they always think "wow you have a lot of snow"
Not at all. Indiana is a tall state. Where I live is almost exactly due east of Charleston, WV - Richmond, VA
We get very little snow, and when we do - it is usually gone in 48 hours or sooner

For some reason I thought you were in Washington state.

I lived in Artesia for eight years.

Southern Indiana
It's funny, when people hear I am from Indiana they always think "wow you have a lot of snow"
Not at all. Indiana is a tall state. Where I live is almost exactly due east of Charleston, WV - Richmond, VA
We get very little snow, and when we do - it is usually gone in 48 hours or sooner
Yes. Hombre and I have spent quite a bit of time in Indianapolis and never really had a lot of weather concerns there. But we just had a hard rain shower come through here and we're down to a very comfortable 74 degrees right now. Loving it. :)

And welcome back to the Coffee Shop. It has been awhile and good to see you. :)

For some reason I thought you were in Washington state.

I lived in Artesia for eight years.
Nope. Only time I've been in Washington State was to change planes in Seattle. Have some friends who live there though and post awesome candid photos on Facebook. :)

Hombre and I have lived in Texas (twice), New Mexico (twice for me), Kansas and West Virginia. We've been here in the Albuquerque area longer than anywhere else now; long enough to feel like natives.

I did most of my growing up in Lea County (Lovington) just 60 miles from Artesia and went through there many many times on the way to church camp in the Sacramentos, to see kinfolk in the Dexter/Roswell area, etc. And when Hombre were still running our business we were in and out of or driving through Artesia on average once a month. It's hard to travel the southeast quadrant of the state and not go through Artesia. :)

Nope. Only time I've been in Washington State was to change planes in Seattle. Have some friends who live there though and post awesome candid photos on Facebook. :)

Hombre and I have lived in Texas (twice), New Mexico (twice for me), Kansas and West Virginia. We've been here in the Albuquerque area longer than anywhere else now; long enough to feel like natives.

I did most of my growing up in Lea County (Lovington) just 60 miles from Artesia and went through there many many times on the way to church camp in the Sacramentos, to see kinfolk in the Dexter/Roswell area, etc. And when Hombre were still running our business we were in and out of or driving through Artesia on average once a month. It's hard to travel the southeast quadrant of the state and not go through Artesia. :)

Of course, we had a large crude distillation unit in Lovington. We being Holly/HollyFrontier/HF Sinclair.

So I've been there a number of times.

And of course, it was the first stop on the way to Lubbock where we'd go for a number of reasons.

We pretty much raised our family in Lenexa, Kansas (part of Johnson County). My kids all started and graduated Shawnee Mission West High in Overland Park (whose most famous alumni is Paul Rudd).

Of course, we had a large crude distillation unit in Lovington. We being Holly/HollyFrontier/HF Sinclair.

So I've been there a number of times.

And of course, it was the first stop on the way to Lubbock where we'd go for a number of reasons.

We pretty much raised our family in Lenexa, Kansas (part of Johnson County). My kids all started and graduated Shawnee Mission West High in Overland Park (whose most famous alumni is Paul Rudd).
We lived a number of years in Pittsburg KS in the southeast corner--just 30 miles from Joplin Mo. And we lived more years in Salina, about 2-1/2 hrs west of Overland Park on I-70. Spent a lot of time in Topeka and Kansas City. Both our kids got their Bachelors at Wichita State.

Forum List

Back