USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning to you as well, Jake! I plan on making today a good one, too. :)

Been to a charter school where I serve on the Board.

As HOA company rep as well as owner, took care of a few matters.

Day is warming up.
HOAs are a mixed blessing, unfortunately there are some seriously anal people who make the rules, not always based on preserving property values, etc but on personal likes and dislikes. I try to stay away from HOAs.

We don't have a HOA, and I wouldn't like the sometimes exaggerated restrictions that are imposed or the dues you have to pay. Our neighborhood association, however, has been great. Purely voluntary though I'm pretty sure all the neighbors contribute a few bucks each year to help pay the small amount of administrative costs, printing, etc. It serves us well by coordinating our volunteer neighborhood watch and taking action if a bad neighbor is compromising all our property values with illegal activities such as a car up on blocks in the front yard or stuff like that.

Seems like that's how such things should be run. Voluntary and dominated by the majority of the populace.
I can say that for Myself, a HOA is a nonstarter for home purchase for Me.

This video cracked me up. Watch it. You'll laugh. I promise!

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Okay. I have mixed emotions. I felt ashamed for laughing at somebody getting the * beat out of them. But apparently it wasn't too bad a beating as he didn't seem to be hurt. And.....okay, it was funny. I laughed. :)
It struck Me as a staged event. However, it WAS funny as hell.

Good morning everybody. Except for the 90 degrees heat, we are having October's bright blue weather today. The cool down into the low 80's with a chance for more rain begins on the weekend though, so I am assuming this is our last run of really hot summer weather. Autumn in the New Mexico is definitely my favorite season.

Welp, just finished reverting my new laptop from the hated Win 8 to Win 7. Thought I had all the drivers loaded on a DVD but noooooo...... The wireless driver was missing. Spent 2 hours trying to find it online before I gave up and downloaded a "free" driver tool that found it for me, after installation and much fussing and cussing I finally got it to recognize my wireless homegroup connection. Still have 16 more driver updates to download and install but the free version will only allow 2 downloads a day....... :mad:
As it was it took hours for everything as I had to call Dell Support to find out how to get into the boot sequencer, M$ changed it with Win 8 and I couldn't find out the steps online.
Yeah, I know some of this is pure Geekinese to some of you so drivers are "programs" that make the hardware work. A boot sequencer tells the computer where to look for the operating system (in this case Windows) on start up, generally it's set to look in the hard drive, if you're installing a new operating system you want it to look in the CD/DVD drive first so it won't default to the existing operating system on the hard drive.

LOL Ringel. All that to get rid of Windows 8? After all my bitching, whining, and moaning when I first got Windows 8, I have made peace with it and now prefer it to Windows 7. In fact, I have been toying with the idea of upgrading my laptop with Windows 7 to Windows 8. I almost certainly won't go to that kind of trouble and expense, but go figure. :)

I took the short cut when I opted to switch back to Win7 from WinH8. I just purchased another hard drive. The drivers were still on the original drive so I just had to copy them over. :D

Yeah but you understand this stuff in a way that I do not. I don't pretend (and don't really care) HOW it all works. I just want it to work when I want to use it. Now that I have made peace with Windows 8, and figured out a few workarounds to replace functions that are different from earlier Windows versions, I now prefer Windows 8. Just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks. :)

It's kind of like the new USMB. I hated, hated, HATED it at first. Dreaded logging in each day. But as it becomes more functional, I am figuring out how to make stuff work, and as admin is little by little correcting some of the more annoying things, I am getting comfortable with it. I am again looking forward to logging in here now and feel much less frustration and irritation.

Good post, Foxfyre. I was just thinking while ago, how commendable the owners and staff are, to tweak this newbie to accommodate the wishes of the community, as much as possible. :clap:

Almost forgot our history lesson today, and I'm amazed that there wasn't a single hump day post....LOL:

On this day in History, September 3. . .

In 1951, the first long-running American television soap opera, Search for Tomorrow, aired its first episode on the CBS network and a whole new television genre was born. It ran an amazing 35 years, the last four on NBC.

Whatever one thinks of soap operas, I bet every person over Age 45 or 50 can name at least one or two of these iconic series. And no matter how educated or sophisticated a person is, nobody has ever watched one without getting at least a bit wee hooked enough to want to see what happens next. A great many big name stars got their first acting jobs working on them.
968full-search-for-tomorrow-poster.jpg

Man, the ole back is killing me. It's actually getting worse. Went to the VA Tuesday and met my new doctor and I like him. "Jean Montgomery" is his name, now how cool is that? I was expecting some GOOD OLE BOY from DOWN SOUTH... LOL! I did mention that to him also, and he commented that he was born in Louisiana, and after several verbal coachings from him, I had "Naarlins" down fairly well. In any case, thankfully he put in a referral for me to see physical therapy at a nearby hospital, since I live over 40 miles from the nearest VA facility. I'm looking forward to starting that, because this pain has been with me for over two months now, and to say I'm getting pretty damn sick of it would be putting it mildly.

Man, the ole back is killing me. It's actually getting worse. Went to the VA Tuesday and met my new doctor and I like him. "Jean Montgomery" is his name, now how cool is that? I was expecting some GOOD OLE BOY from DOWN SOUTH... LOL! I did mention that to him also, and he commented that he was born in Louisiana, and after several verbal coachings from him, I had "Naarlins" down fairly well. In any case, thankfully he put in a referral for me to see physical therapy at a nearby hospital, since I live over 40 miles from the nearest VA facility. I'm looking forward to starting that, because this pain has been with me for over two months now, and to say I'm getting pretty damn sick of it would be putting it mildly.
Obviously you have a major problem with your back if it's been going on this long. I'm assuming VA at least x-rayed it to make sure you don't have a slipped disc, etc.........

Good morning to you as well, Jake! I plan on making today a good one, too. :)

Been to a charter school where I serve on the Board.

As HOA company rep as well as owner, took care of a few matters.

Day is warming up.
HOAs are a mixed blessing, unfortunately there are some seriously anal people who make the rules, not always based on preserving property values, etc but on personal likes and dislikes. I try to stay away from HOAs.

We don't have a HOA, and I wouldn't like the sometimes exaggerated restrictions that are imposed or the dues you have to pay. Our neighborhood association, however, has been great. Purely voluntary though I'm pretty sure all the neighbors contribute a few bucks each year to help pay the small amount of administrative costs, printing, etc. It serves us well by coordinating our volunteer neighborhood watch and taking action if a bad neighbor is compromising all our property values with illegal activities such as a car up on blocks in the front yard or stuff like that.

Seems like that's how such things should be run. Voluntary and dominated by the majority of the populace.
I can say that for Myself, a HOA is a nonstarter for home purchase for Me.
Homeowners
Obstruction
Assignment

Still having fun loading new programs (the ones I generally use) on the new laptop plus I finally got a SATA cable to install my new 1 terabyte hard drive in the desktop. Partitioned and formatted the new HD and I'm cloning my C: drive to it. Cloning means you don't have to "install" an operating system on the new hard drive, it and everything else you select to clone is copied to the new drive. After that is done I'll make sure it boots up (disconnect the old drive) then if it works properly I can format the old drive and use it as a storage drive.

Obviously you have a major problem with your back if it's been going on this long. I'm assuming VA at least x-rayed it to make sure you don't have a slipped disc, etc.........
Oh yeah, you got that right, sciatic nerve pain. Been hurting for over two months now. Gets me real bad on the top side, back of my left butt cheek, then goes down my leg as a tingly, weak feeling. Get pain in the middle of the back too, but mostly just on the rear end cheek, bad. I had an MRI done on it about 5 years ago in Reno. The VA then said I had "degenerative joint disease." Makes me wonder... because I don't think it's necessarily that. I think it's a culmination of bad accidents I've had in my life coming back to haunt me. In any case, I sure am looking forward to that physical therapy, and if they think the chiropractor would also help, they'll recommend it and the VA will pay for it... wonderful... I need relief.

Oh yeah, you got that right, sciatic nerve pain. Been hurting for over two months now. Gets me real bad on the top side, back of my left butt cheek, then goes down my leg as a tingly, weak feeling. Get pain in the middle of the back too, but mostly just on the rear end cheek, bad. I had an MRI done on it about 5 years ago in Reno. The VA then said I had "degenerative joint disease." Makes me wonder... because I don't think it's necessarily that. I think it's a culmination of bad accidents I've had in my life coming back to haunt me. In any case, I sure am looking forward to that physical therapy, and if they think the chiropractor would also help, they'll recommend it and the VA will pay for it... wonderful... I need relief.
Five years ago and nothing since.....? Yup, it's probably degeneration due to all the accidents you've had, that's what happened (and is still happening) to me. Every bit of disc degeneration I can trace back to each injury and yes the Chiro will help greatly if it a good Chiro but even that is temporary requiring long term treatment. Which reminds me, need to call my Chiro, my back is killing me right now, kinda used to it by now.........

Told ya we should have left that back of yours on the vigil list. I'm putting it back on. :)

Five years ago and nothing since.....? Yup, it's probably degeneration due to all the accidents you've had, that's what happened (and is still happening) to me. Every bit of disc degeneration I can trace back to each injury and yes the Chiro will help greatly if it a good Chiro but even that is temporary requiring long term treatment. Which reminds me, need to call my Chiro, my back is killing me right now, kinda used to it by now.........

Yours too.

Edit: Never mind. I never did take it off.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Told ya we should have left that back of yours on the vigil list. I'm putting it back on. :)
This is new to me. I've gotten the back pain that hits ya in the middle of the back right on the spine, and it lasts awhile and then goes away. Not this stuff though. This pain in the butt cheek and down the leg is new, and it ISN'T going away. All I can think is SON OF A BITCH, I'm too young and strong to be knocked down by this stuff. I need to get it fixed, one way or the other, even if the end game is surgery. I'm not going to have this back pain limiting what I can do, because I'll have to admit, it does take the steam out of ya.

Up date on Ma... she has made a good recovery and will be going home tomorrow morning, although it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that it's time she seek a seniors home, and since her stay in this hospice where they took very good care of her, and they had activities and she got to mingle with others, she likes it, instead of sitting in her condo day after day alone.

Why am I up so late/early? Was woke up by crashing loud thunder and lightening and driving rain against the windows. I always enjoy the rain. It's always nice to know that our ground water is being replenished and our wells won't run dry. Others are nowhere near so lucky.

Still don't like this new board... very convoluted. The oddest design and structure I've ever seen for a BB.

Forum List

Back