USMB member pic thread. Don't be shy.

That’s not an American street?

Austria, Central Europe, European Union. But I think it would look similar as in the USA.

Those buildings could be in Germany.

Austria is the same as Germany. Actually it is only not Germany because Germany lost the second World War. Here they speak german, act german, and are german.

I know about Austria. It’s not the same as Germany. It’s more elegant. And it’s still nostalgic for its imperial past.

Austria, Central Europe, European Union. But I think it would look similar as in the USA.

Austria is the same as Germany. Actually it is only not Germany because Germany lost the second World War. Here they speak german, act german, and are german.

I know about Austria. It’s not the same as Germany. It’s more elegant. And it’s still nostalgic for its imperial past.

Well here they speak german and ethnically they are southern germans like bavarians.

Well here they speak german and ethnically they are southern germans like bavarians.

Where’s “here”? Bavarians don’t particularly like the Germans, and still consider themselves as somehow separate.

Where’s “here”? Bavarians don’t particularly like the Germans, and still consider themselves as somehow separate.

Here is here in austria where I reside.

Here is here in austria where I reside.

Re: the buildings.

Austria is similar, but not the same as Germany.

For Skye, gave us the most beautiful pics of her.

4th grade, 3rd to the left of teache (ms Mugvero) Yeah, always a suit, tie. Damn was I picked on, daily but made me tough!!!
qmE81Mm.jpg

Experimenting with a couple of different things, produced a few more pictures, not particularly flattering, due to bad lighting, bad posing, and generally not conditions set up to produce very good pictures for anything but rough testing/experimenting purposes, but I'll share anyway…

First, this, experimenting with an endoscope camera, that I acquired some time more than a year ago. This is a tiny camera on a cable, meant to be inserted into tight spaces, to see what is inside. Alas, the quality is not terribly good, and it doesn't help that it seems to be made to focus only on very close things. It seems to have a focal range of about an in to about two or three inches. From much farther back, in order to take in my full face, it's rather unsharp. Trying to sharpen it in software postprocessing, only enhanced the .JPG artifacts, and not the actual image, so I discarded that. This camera has a maximum resolution of 1280×720 pixels, which I reduced for posting here, to 450×800. I captured this with the camera plugged into my PC, via USB, using the “Camera”application included with Windows 10. This camera is actually meant to be used with portable devices, such as a smartphone or tablet.

z2020-05-02_20.58.53_450×800.jpg

For some reason, playing with this camera connected to my PC made me wonder about connecting my Nikon D3200 to my PC and trying to operate it through that. Windows doesn't seem to contain any intrinsic support for doing anything more than transferring pictures already taken, from the camera. A bit of Googling found me digiCamControl, which seems to be fairly impressive in its ability to control my camera. Don't know that I'll do much with it, beyond the brief experimentation that I just now did. I'll need a longer cable to do anything very useful. The USB connector on my camera seems to be something not-quite-standard, and the cable included with the camera is only about a foot or so long. I do have the capability of controlling my camera from my cell phone, which is probably a lot more useful. I posted a picture generated when I was setting this up and testing it with a new phone, about a month and a half ago. That picture can be seen here.

Anyway, I took a few pictures with me staring into the camera, while triggering it from the PC. This is the best of them…

ZSC_0001_1000×800.jpg

Forum List

Back