USMB Sports Bar

(10-0) UCF 28 (9-1) USF 27 with about four minutes left in the 3rd and USF in FG range.

If UCF goes undefeated and are not in the playoff, it'll be another embarrassment for college football.

Who did UCF play this year?

UCF results below:
View attachment 162716

Memphis MD SF SMU NAVY.....don't get me started.

So, other than Memphis, which should be an FCS school, nobody in particular? :D

:lol: FCS

The system puts these dumb labels in there to craft erroneous perception to idiots.

Tablet limited: UCF is div-1 school. Played at least 5 teams flirting with top 25.

Maybe they should make this bowl Championship a seperate division 1-A for only those "really" eligible?

Even if Memphis beats UCF both will be 1-loss. Same as other 1-loss div-1 schools...or are they? When Ohio st. Squeaks by WISC, the apple cart tips.

Oh wait. WISC beat NorthWestern....my bad. That makes you an automatic lock I guess. UCF road win at SMU rendered invalid.

Last edited:
Tablet limited: UCF is div-1 school. Played at least 5 teams flirting with top 25.

Maybe they should make this bowl Championship a seperate division 1-A for only those "really" eligible?

Even if Memphis beats UCF both will be 1-loss. Same as other 1-loss div-1 schools...or are they? When Ohio st. Squeaks by WISC, the apple cart tips.

Oh wait. WISC beat NorthWestern....my bad. That makes you an automatic lock I guess. UCF road win at SMU rendered invalid.

Undefeated UCF at #12 in the playoff rankings and two-loss Auburn at #4. It's a have and have-nots system.

Undefeated UCF at #12 in the playoff rankings and two-loss Auburn at #4. It's a have and have-nots system.

UCF needs to play in a real conference or play their non conference schedule against top 25 teams if they want any respect. The toughest team they played this year was Memphis.

Could they at least PRETEND that UCF controls their own destiny (same as WISC)? Is that too much to ask?

2-loss teams control their won destiny (AUB and OSU).
Many 1-loss teams control their own destiny (but not Memphis).

I forgot: powerhouse WISC beat powerhouse NORTHWESTERN......all hail power conference.

UCF needs to play in a real conference or play their non conference schedule against top 25 teams if they want any respect. The toughest team they played this year was Memphis.

In General..... Admiral.......I would agree. But, UCF won road games at NAVY SMU MD etc. That is not Chopped Liver. GT was scheduled but the Hurricane got that one.

WISC did not do crap.........yet they control their own destiny? If OSU beats them OSU goes in but UCF has no shot? huh?

In General..... Admiral.......I would agree. But, UCF won road games at NAVY SMU MD etc. That is not Chopped Liver. GT was scheduled but the Hurricane got that one.

WISC did not do crap.........yet they control their own destiny? If OSU beats them OSU goes in but UCF has no shot? huh?

Sorry! None of those teams can compete. They are simply also-rans!

Look at what America has become....."the Admiral" thinks Navy Midshipmen are also ran. at home! I will alert the media.

SMU....you stink too. Maryland, well just give it up ACC, down year. If you are not Iowa.....er wait? They beat juggernaught OHIO. MEM enjoy you Holiday bowl......you are not really DIV-1.

Gee too bad they did not get to play MSU or IU. We play the schedule, win them all. Crickets.

Look at what America has become....."the Admiral" thinks Navy Midshipmen are also ran. at home! I will alert the media.

SMU....you stink too. Maryland, well just give it up ACC, down year. If you are not Iowa.....er wait? They beat juggernaught OHIO. MEM enjoy you Holiday bowl......you are not really DIV-1.

Gee too bad they did not get to play MSU or IU. We play the schedule, win them all. Crickets.

Military academies suck at football because the military standards don't allow for 300 pound lineman unless they are 8 feet tall!

Auburn's nose guard was in my platoon as a Marine PLC program student. He had to drop out of the program because he could not meet the weight standards even though the man had virtually not an ounce of fat on his body. He was a beast!

I am sorry that you don't understand that there are varying levels within college football. Every one of those teams you mentioned are also-rans. They may have had some good teams in the past, but for the past few decades they have sucked ass!

How many teams outside the SEC have won a national championship since the year 2000?

Start adding up the wins by Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU and who do you have left?

Clemson, OSU, OK, TX, FSU and USC. (USC was stripped of their title in 2004 and it should have gone to Auburn that year).

Then change the playoff rules. No also-rans allowed. Had what? 3 years of this bowl stuff? ALA-FSU-OSU winners? of course you are right, but 12-0 played D1 schedule yet a 2 loss team jumps over? That says not eligible to me.

We have real D1 and phony D1 teams in case ALA FSU OSU stumbles.

If they don't let you in you can't win. Boise beat OKLA one yr in a major bowl. it can happen.

Last edited:
Then change the playoff rules. No also-rans allowed. Had what? 3 years? ALA-FSU-OSU winners? of course you are right, but 12-0 played D1 and a 2 loss team jumps over. That says not eligible to me.

If they don't let you in you can't win. Boise beat OKLA one yr in a major bowl. it can happen.

There are no playoff rules! They are selected by a committee that can take all of that into consideration. Auburn just beat two number one teams and lost the second game of the season to the current number one team, plus a four point loss on the road at LSU. Right now they are playing better football than some of those teams that played patsies lall year and went undefeated.

I looked at UCF’s schedule, they haven’t beaten a ranked team yet. Their strength of schedule is not all that great. Wisconsin thumped Maryland as did UCF, Wisconsin also beat Iowa, Michigan and Northwestern. Those teams are a lot tougher than Navy, Maryland, the only team comparable to the teams Wisconsin beat is Memphis.

Y'er skeered.

I looked at UCF’s schedule, they haven’t beaten a ranked team yet. Their strength of schedule is not all that great. Wisconsin thumped Maryland as did UCF, Wisconsin also beat Iowa, Michigan and Northwestern. Those teams are a lot tougher than Navy, Maryland, the only team comparable to the teams Wisconsin beat is Memphis.

But those teams also lost to ranked teams. And USF is ranked IIRC.

Understood. got it now Admiral. Bowl Championship is a Poll driven popularity contest based on AP (MSM lol!) rankings.

You control your own destiny if you are in SEC or Big10. Others.........tease them along to keep interest high.

If you win at Illinois or ARK we jump you 5 spots over teams playing Duke or Colorado St.

Last edited:
Then change the playoff rules. No also-rans allowed. Had what? 3 years of this bowl stuff? ALA-FSU-OSU winners? of course you are right, but 12-0 played D1 schedule yet a 2 loss team jumps over? That says not eligible to me.

We have real D1 and phony D1 teams in case ALA FSU OSU stumbles.

Anyone who watched the championship game knows UCF could put up points on anyone. Scott Frost, in two years, did something no other coach in the History of the game ever did. From 0-12 to 12 - 0. That is commendable at any level.

Now my Huskers have him. Just hope he can get us to a division championship in 5 years.

Frost unveiled, vows to revive Nebraska's glory

Strength of schedule means you played tough teams. Calling SMU or MD tough is laughable. In the last 5 years SMU has only had one winning season. MD has had 5 losing seasons in the last 10 years, and only 2 of the last 10 had them winning 8 games or more.

Strength of schedule means you played tough teams. Calling SMU or MD tough is laughable. In the last 5 years SMU has only had one winning season. MD has had 5 losing seasons in the last 10 years, and only 2 of the last 10 had them winning 8 games or more.

It must be nice to have a built-in excuse for losing 2 games that allows for championship contention still.

The only 2 loss team to win a national championship was in 1960 by Minnesota. They were 8-1 when they were voted the championship and then lost to Washington in the Rose Bowl to finish 8-2. To think a 2 loss team should be in the discussion to be a national champion, especially after a 30 plus point drubbing by a mediocre team is absolutely insane.

Actually, LSU won the BCS Championship in 2007. Coincidentally they won the National Championship by beating Ohio State.

But your are right. A 2 loss team should not be in the playoffs. Especially with the bad loss to Iowa.

Forum List

Back