USS Theodore Roosevelt heads to Yemen to confront Iranians

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Did Obungle's balls drop?

US warship heads to Yemeni waters to intercept Iranian weapons shipments, Navy officials say

DEVELOPING:
U.S. Navy officials say the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is steaming toward the waters off Yemen and will join other American ships prepared to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying weapons to the Houthi rebels fighting in Yemen.

The U.S. Navy has been beefing up its presence in the Gulf of Aden and the southern Arabian Sea amid reports that a convoy of Iranian ships may be headed toward Yemen to arm the Houthis.

The Houthis are battling government-backed fighters in an effort to take control of the country.

US warship heads to Yemeni waters to intercept Iranian weapons shipments Navy officials say Fox News

Get'em dawg :biggrin:

081009-N-7241L-008.jpg

It was inevitable -----for the record-----some geniuses who post in these forums have added to the lingo which describes the UNIFYING THEORY of the UNIVERSE
The new terms are "hidden jews" and "latent jew"

Given Obama's questionable motives and loyalties, one should wonder what his objective really is.

My grandpa told me they have probably been told not to engage...knowing Obungles my grandpa might be right

The Roosevelt seems like overkill- no pun intended.

We already have a big naval presence there

The U.S. Navy has seven combat ships in the waters around Yemen as the Saudi-led bombing campaign there continues, but U.S. troops are not participating in a Saudi naval blockade in the region, U.S. military officials said Friday.

The American ships include: the destroyers USS Forrest Sherman and USS Winston Churchill; the minesweepers USS Sentry and USS Dextrous; and three amphibious ships carrying about 2,200 Marines, the USS Iwo Jima, the USS New York and the USS Fort McHenry, a Navy official told The Washington Post. The USNS Charles Drew, a dry cargo ship, is also in the region.

Those amphibious landing ships carry helicopters and Harriers- which should be more than enough to deal with stop any vessels- but the Roosevelt will provide more range.

Just hope they stay vigilant- Yemen is where the Cole was bombed.

Forum List

Back