🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Utah’s Plan To Eradicate Homelessness Is Actually Working

I wish we could do that all over the country. Instead, our bloated govt spends almost a million dollars to see if we could train a lion to run on a treadmill, send billions worth of free weapons to the 6th largest military in the world, has only 25% of the country paying income taxes, giving out corporate welfare and supporting their corrupt cronies.
Way to go Utah :thup:
BTW, I think this is a state issue but the federal govt is so fuckin big anyways..

This is the sort of thing that would get attacked before it even started, because certain people want there to be fear in order to keep the bosses with the power.

I wish we could do that all over the country. Instead, our bloated govt spends almost a million dollars to see if we could train a lion to run on a treadmill, send billions worth of free weapons to the 6th largest military in the world, has only 25% of the country paying income taxes, giving out corporate welfare and supporting their corrupt cronies.
BTW, I think this is a state issue but the federal govt is so fuckin big anyways..

No sense in making the feds bigger. A state has less resources and won't waste them as readily.

No sense in making the feds bigger. A state has less resources and won't waste them as readily.

Oh I completely agree. I would rather dissolve the feds by 50% lol
I was JS.. its fucked up man.

This is the sort of thing that would get attacked before it even started, because certain people want there to be fear in order to keep the bosses with the power.

good grief, who says it's working? do you all have more proof? please provide before you go off condemning people. thanks. you people and your talk about FEAR fear. AS IF none of us anything to fear. everything is a bed of roses, we have it made in the shade (and would be because WE worked our fingers to the bone providing for OUR FAMILIES) HOW DARE we not take from our family to give away to others who prefer to live on the street), walk in the park. yeah ok

A model for the rest of the country?

So far, Utah has reduced its rate of chronic homelessness by 78 percent over the past 8 years.

Utah’s Plan To Eradicate Homelessness Is Actually Working

Let's not get too awfully happy. $16,000 compared to $11,000 for homelessness is nearly a bandaid effort, IMO, and respresents a miniscule savings. We're still supporting them for the most part with subsidized housing and food stamps. That's still a ton of money going to homelessness and all you've really done us remove the visibility to them on the streets. Let's address the root of the problem and make them get off their asses and be productive citizens. There's always work of some kind that can be done whether it's washing dishes or whatever, but setting them up with an apartment and feeding them is ridiculous. Heck, let's all just get a free ride then. I realize you have to start slow building initiative in someone where they've chronically had none, but can't we at least attempt it instead of setting them up in the Hilton?

Forum List

Back