Utility bills are too high

I know a lot of people saying utilities are too high this summer. I mean water is very high, over 200 dollars. But what is really killing Americans wallets is the electricity bills. I have heard that some Hawaiians and Californians are getting electric bills up to a thousand bucks. Meanwhile here in South Carolina electric bills run 400, 500 dollars. I say that the utility companies are price gouging. It forces folks to spend money on the other stuff the need like food. It is honestly gotten ridiculous.

All big corporations are "price gouging". It's the new normal.
Government jobs are the new ATM for the corrupt.
Go to ANY 3rd world country. The majority of people have no utilities at ALL.

THAT, is where we are slowly headed. Hard to believe now, but just sit tight.

Hmmmm......"I live in the fucking desert"........

Right, so do millions of people. Water? "Desert"?

What could possibly go wrong with that picture?
its about the price not the availability....some one above who lives were there is lots of water pays 200 a month,i pay 40....now you see what this is about?....

If you have that much trouble with your electric bills (mine are high too) talk to your state Department of Public Utilities (or equivalent). THEY set the utility rates. The companies make requests twice a year (summer/winter) for rate updates and every 3/5 years for standard rates. Those have to be approved by the state.

I know a lot of people saying utilities are too high this summer. I mean water is very high, over 200 dollars. But what is really killing Americans wallets is the electricity bills. I have heard that some Hawaiians and Californians are getting electric bills up to a thousand bucks. Meanwhile here in South Carolina electric bills run 400, 500 dollars. I say that the utility companies are price gouging. It forces folks to spend money on the other stuff the need like food. It is honestly gotten ridiculous.

My water bill averages about 50 bucks a month and that includes the sewage charge as well.

The highest my power bill has been is $257 when we had 3 weeks in the high 90s with high humidity.

Forum List

Back