Utility bills are too high

I have to cut the cable for good. It is too high. And no, I am not going to streaming subscriptions they are too high as well.
There are a bunch of streaming channels that are ad-supported, you don't need paid subscriptions. The ads are short 15 or 30 second spots, and much less annoying than the ads on cable and satellite. Peacock puts all the ads in a 3 minute spot at the beginning of the movie, and the rest is ad-free. Other channels like Tubi and Freevee put the ads in the programming, but they are always just a minute or two (still less annoying than what they do on cable or satellite channels with their excessively long ad breaks).

What I was paying for Dish a couple years ago pays for my phone and internet today, and I get Netflix with my phone plan). I have Prime video with Amazon and a bunch of free streaming channels, so there is always something to watch and I can watch something when I want to watch it, not some program schedule.

Streaming is great, cable and satellite companies are going the way of the video store...

Nope, 4 bedrooms 2 baths. Mobile home.
Prolly 1800-2000 sf? Older, not very well insulated, aluminum framed windows, etc?

SC gets hottter than blazes in the summer, I can believe your AC costs would be killing your budget.

If you own it, you may be able to get some help with weatherization and some new windows from your utility or the State, maybe a new heat pump that's more efficient?

Forum List

Back