UW libs outraged: Cops arrest vandal writing death to cops; Libs demand to be in charge of cops

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
UW Madison students deface Lincoln statue with list of demands

Now THIS is a classic. Liberal snowflakes at U of Wisconsin are OUTRAGED after Wisconsin police arrested a guy who committed a string of vandalisms on campus by spray painting several buildings. He called it "art". His "art" included calling for death to cops.

Cops issued a warrant....called him repeatedly....he didn't cooperate....so they came and arrested his ass in class. And.....OOOOH OUTRAGE!!!!!

Students defaced an Abraham Lincoln statue with their demands.

One demand is that they....the students....be given control of the university police department hahaha!!!!! Yeah....I can see that.....the student council is at the top of the chain of command of the police.

Go to the 8:30 mark.

They demand that they be put in charge of "All hiring, firing and training of all UW university police department personnel" hahahahaha!!!!!!

Can you even imagine what a train wreck that would be????

Now THIS is a classic. Liberal snowflakes at U of Wisconsin are OUTRAGED after Wisconsin police arrested a guy who committed a string of vandalisms on campus by spray painting several buildings. He called it "art". His "art" included calling for death to cops.

Cops issued a warrant....called him repeatedly....he didn't cooperate....so they came and arrested his ass in class. And.....OOOOH OUTRAGE!!!!!

One demand is that they....the students....be given control of the university police department hahaha!!!!! Yeah....I can see that.....the student council is at the top of the chain of command of the police.

Bucs, this is what kids do...they see injustice (in their eyes) everywhere..and still think they can do something about it. They also have a sense of 'stick together', same as many professions. Like cops don't testify against cops, or teachers against teachers or lawyers against lawyers or (to our shame..) priests against priests. Instead, they defend their own..when they aren't bullying. The vandalism is inexcusable IMHO. So at this point in their lives, what do we want these protesting kids to learn? And how can it be taught? How can one get across to this future of ours that defacing is NOT art, and rebellion for it's own sake is stupid? That if one protests, as this snotty offender did, he has to pay for his 'statement', one that ruins objects for others, which is a right he does not have. Beats me how to handle this, but I'm pretty sure neither overlooking nor over-reacting is the way. This guy may be a lost cause, but what about those who see no fault in him? What do we want them to learn? I'm sure somebody out there has a good idea!

1) Students need to be told in no uncertain terms and in writing that they are in control of precisely dick, are in a position to demand nothing, and campus disruptions are grounds for dismissal, no refunds.

2) Send the letter to all students and their paying parents.

3) Follow through.

Given the cost of a University education these days, I don't think it's asking too much for them to teach students
  • The meaning of the First Amendment,
  • When certain expressions lose their protection under the First Amendment,
  • The meaning of "vandalism" and what happens when you practice it,
  • The long tradition in this country of "civil disobedience," and how it works (and how it doesn't work).
  • Not to mention how rational debate works - i.e., you say what you want to say, someone who disagrees says what s/he wants to say, and you try to "win" the argument using facts and logic.

Bucs, this is what kids do...they see injustice (in their eyes) everywhere..and still think they can do something about it. They also have a sense of 'stick together', same as many professions. Like cops don't testify against cops, or teachers against teachers or lawyers against lawyers or (to our shame..) priests against priests. Instead, they defend their own..when they aren't bullying. The vandalism is inexcusable IMHO. So at this point in their lives, what do we want these protesting kids to learn? And how can it be taught? How can one get across to this future of ours that defacing is NOT art, and rebellion for it's own sake is stupid? That if one protests, as this snotty offender did, he has to pay for his 'statement', one that ruins objects for others, which is a right he does not have. Beats me how to handle this, but I'm pretty sure neither overlooking nor over-reacting is the way. This guy may be a lost cause, but what about those who see no fault in him? What do we want them to learn? I'm sure somebody out there has a good idea!

Yeah....I went to college. It was never like THIS. We protested that we couldn't have beer in the dorms. We protested that the cafeteria food sucked. Kid shit.

These kids today are fucking brainwashed junior communists.

Yeah....I went to college. It was never like THIS. We protested that we couldn't have beer in the dorms. We protested that the cafeteria food sucked. Kid shit.

These kids today are fucking brainwashed junior communists.

Wanna bet YOUR parents said the same about you?

Given the cost of a University education these days, I don't think it's asking too much for them to teach students
  • The meaning of the First Amendment,
  • When certain expressions lose their protection under the First Amendment,
  • The meaning of "vandalism" and what happens when you practice it,
  • The long tradition in this country of "civil disobedience," and how it works (and how it doesn't work).
  • Not to mention how rational debate works - i.e., you say what you want to say, someone who disagrees says what s/he wants to say, and you try to "win" the argument using facts and logic.
Great ideas! And a great time to learn them!

Just more of the old "Today's college News" Fox style bullshit. OP wants you to believe this one school small group of nutballs is important

There are 1,000,000 cops Students in America.
They make 14,000,000 arrests decisions per year day....or....about 1 per month per officer student....160 hours a month of work classes and ONE arrest decision per officer student????? (yeah I know....a REAL tyranny state there)

And of those....we see a tiny %.....less than 0.001%....who turn bad.

BUT....that's enough to fill a message board with 1 or 2 new "examples" per day and enough to convince retard liberals that the 0.001% is a good example of the other 99.999%.

Just more of the old "Today's college News" Fox style bullshit. OP wants you to believe this one school small group of nutballs is important

There are 1,000,000 cops Students in America.
They make 14,000,000 arrests decisions per year day....or....about 1 per month per officer student....160 hours a month of work classes and ONE arrest decision per officer student????? (yeah I know....a REAL tyranny state there)

And of those....we see a tiny %.....less than 0.001%....who turn bad.

BUT....that's enough to fill a message board with 1 or 2 new "examples" per day and enough to convince retard liberals that the 0.001% is a good example of the other 99.999%.

You'd have a good point except EVERY college is full of hundreds of these morons.

Most police departments won't have an officer involved shooting except maybe once every 10-15 years or so. Very few PDs have them once a year even.

If you don't want to get busted for making what you call art, don't go using someone else's property as your canvas.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back