🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

VA apologizes for hospital conditions

Well, the VA hospital in Madison, WI is linked up with UW Wisconsin hospital, arguably one of the best hospitals in the country, and in 1990 I had major neurosurgery on my cervical spine at the VA by a UW neurosurgeon and it was fantastic. So as far as medical facilities go, I've been to the two civilian hospitals nearest me and they don't hold a candle to the VA in Madison, not even the VA clinic. The VA has all the latest equipment, the people are caring and kind, they understand veterans and disabled veterans concerns, I actually wouldn't want to go anywhere else. The care I've gotten from them over the past 31 years has been awesome.... it's also been FREE.

Well no, actually it wasn't free at all. Veterans such as yourself sacrificed, fought and bled for it, and some even died for it, so it was definitely PAID FOR.

I'm heartened to hear that the Madison, WI VA is a good one. That jives well with the reports on the VA in Minneapolis, which is rated as maybe the best in the country.

In order to keep VA resources from being idle, VA's which are below max capacity allow spouses of 100% service connected disabled vets to use their CHAMPVA cards at the VA, thus for them, the VA is also their doctor and hospital.
For almost a decade I was also blessed to go to the VA in Long Beach, CA until they reported that they were at maximum capacity.
So now I am back to using my CHAMPVA in the civilian world...there's no match, not even close. I really do miss being able to use the VA but they still treat my wife (the Navy veteran) like a rock star.
VA Long Beach ranks between 3 and 4 stars, so they're definitely great.

To Slyhunter, the co-pays are determined by your Priority Group, but just know that they'll never jack you with the tricks played by civilian insurance.

To VOTTO, please get your terminology straight.
The VA, and the network of military hospitals are SOCIALIZED systems, that is, systems built and operated BY the government.
Single payer is the same civilian doctors and hospitals you use right now.
The only difference is how they GET PAID...that's all.

Forum List

Back