Valedictorian refuses to follow dress code not allowed to speak or walk

Better yet why didnt they enforce their policy at the beginning of the school year? why wasnt he suspended until he complied with the rules at the beginning of the year?

"The Tangipahoa Parish School System policy states that “hairstyles and mustaches shall be clean, neatly groomed and shall not distract from the learning environment” and that “beards will not be allowed.”"

Huh??? Why can't he wear his beard?
School dress code policy....seriously...we NEVER had that in school but different schools different rules. I think its DUMB but if you were going to fight this to try and change it do it in the beginning of the year not on graduation day for christ sakes.

Good for him for taking a stand. He appears to be a great kid, excellent student and willing to stand for his freedom.

imrs.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I'd love to see these dipshit school board members have a fanatical Muslim student with a beard become valedictorian and demand he shave. What a joke.

I find beards to be silly and look stupid. But it's just facial hair. Let him be free to look silly

Huh??? Why can't he wear his beard?
School dress code policy....seriously...we NEVER had that in school but different schools different rules. I think its DUMB but if you were going to fight this to try and change it do it in the beginning of the year not on graduation day for christ sakes.

This is on the school. They should have enforced the policy at the beginning of the school year. Obviously he has had the beard all during school.

Many of the people in my graduating class would have had to shave, myself included. So stupid.

How a valedictorian’s beard barred him from his own high school graduation

What's so damn hard about just shaving it off? IT GROWS BACK! I don't believe his bs story about others being allowed to walk with beards etc. I think the only reason this shit is in the news is because he is a negro. Yeah I think the policy is dumb but you fight that in the BEGINNING of the school year NOT on graduation day.
There's nothing special about graduation day

I didn't go to my HS graduation and I lived

What's so damn hard about just shaving it off? IT GROWS BACK! I don't believe his bs story about others being allowed to walk with beards etc. I think the only reason this shit is in the news is because he is a negro. Yeah I think the policy is dumb but you fight that in the BEGINNING of the school year NOT on graduation day.

Well you are not very intelligent so most people knew there was absolutely no way you ever graduated H.S. Thanks for admitting that. :laugh:

Well you are not very intelligent so most people knew there was absolutely no way you ever graduated H.S. Thanks for admitting that. :laugh:

Funny how I was in the top 5% of my HS class.
I was just smart enough to realize that HS didn't mean shit

Funny how you think for a minute i would believe that obvious lie. :laugh:

WTF? Of course high school means something. Thanks for adding to the meme that conservatives don't care about education you dumb fuck.

Kudos to the young man. As his life goes on I suspect knowing he did the right thing will be more of a rewardig memory than had he given the speech.

IDGAF what you believe

I have never been one for pomp and ceremony. It's all such bullshit. Unlike you I realized that when I was a teenager.

IDGAF what you believe

I have never been one for pomp and ceremony. It's all such bullshit. Unlike you I realized that when I was a teenager.
Of course you give a fuck what i believe. Why else would you try to convince me you were in the top 5%?
laugh.gif

Forum List

Back