Veteran: God Put Obama 'Here Just Like He Did Moses'

Now, will you recognize MY service as a black man, or that of my Father, one of the very first Black Staff Officers in the United States Air Force - because I can promise you, I, and I'm quite sure that my deceased Father would agree, that we neither subscribe nor would we support that gentlemans views on Obama. Not for one second.

Now, will you recognize MY service as a liberal Veteran of Co. C, 2/1 Infantry, 196th Light Infantry Brigade in Vietnam, or that of my Father, a true "yellow-dog Democrat" and Veteran of the 36th Signal Company from North Africa, through Italy and Southern France and on across Germany to Austria--because I can promise you, I, and I'm quite sure that my deceased Father would agree, that we neither subscribe nor would we support the modern-day, pro-corporate, "conservative" Republican Party. Not for one second.

You're damn right I recognize your service. Being shot at and missed, shot at and hit, supercedes party affiliation for vets. This isn't about you. It's about those who use vets for their purposes on BOTH sides but it specifically points out those who spit at guys like us back then and now, 40 years later, standing on the American flag, telling us how much they "care".

Liars - each and every one of them.

A Co 5th Bn 502 Airborne (101st) Quang Tri

Amen, brother. Let's drink a beer and flip off the Chickenhawk's.

Now, will you recognize MY service as a liberal Veteran of Co. C, 2/1 Infantry, 196th Light Infantry Brigade in Vietnam, or that of my Father, a true "yellow-dog Democrat" and Veteran of the 36th Signal Company from North Africa, through Italy and Southern France and on across Germany to Austria--because I can promise you, I, and I'm quite sure that my deceased Father would agree, that we neither subscribe nor would we support the modern-day, pro-corporate, "conservative" Republican Party. Not for one second.

You're damn right I recognize your service. Being shot at and missed, shot at and hit, supercedes party affiliation for vets. This isn't about you. It's about those who use vets for their purposes on BOTH sides but it specifically points out those who spit at guys like us back then and now, 40 years later, standing on the American flag, telling us how much they "care".

Liars - each and every one of them.

A Co 5th Bn 502 Airborne (101st) Quang Tri

As an aside, didn't you also serve in 'Nam? There's a good chance both of you were there at the same time.

In any event, what you said is 100% accurate. Politicians on both sides use veterans, then toss them to the trash when they've gotten their photo op or whatever. It's stupid and sickening.

We should be honoring guys like you for all that you've done, and I hate it anytime I see a veteran dragged into the world of politics. It's stupid. I just want guys like you and Oldguy to have peace and live out your lives without seeing your accomplishments twisted to fit politicians' desires.

-

As another aside: SniperFire, where'd your Obama avatar go? It was funny and I miss it :sad:

It never changes. Here's a poem about it published in 1892. (Tommy is short for Tommy Atkins, a slang term for the British soldier. Even today, they're still referred to as "Tom.")

TOMMY
Rudyard Kipling

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";
But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,
The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

It's really sad how the left uses people..but hey, obama is now our god, bow down and give thanks

It's really sad how the left uses people..but hey, obama is now our god, bow down and give thanks

Actually, Big Government is their God, Obama is merely their Lord and Savior guiding them to a lifetime of Big Government

By Michael McAuliff

WASHINGTON -- It’s still a battle. It’s still a fight. But for the surviving Tuskegee Airmen and other black World War II veterans who journeyed here to witness the second inauguration of President Barack Obama Monday, the struggle is one of love.

They wanted to see the nation’s first African-American commander-in-chief sworn in again, validating the choice America made four years ago, declaring it was no fluke, that someone like them really can rise to lead the country they had to struggle to serve.

"I never expected to live long enough to see a black president," said Stephen Sherman, a 92-year-old who served with the Army’s 308th Combat Engineers in both theaters of the war. He teared up just a little as he stood to roar out “God Bless America” before Obama spoke.

“It breaks my heart. I love my country," said Sherman, who was among about two dozen of his comrades in arms sitting just below the president, many in wheelchairs, on the west front of the Capitol to see Obama take his oath of office, as they did four years ago.

All around Sherman were Tuskegee Airmen, members of the same African-American who paved the way for blacks in the Air Force. They were warriors who had to battle just to win an equal chance to die for their country.

“There's a lot of good people on this earth, a lot of good people of all races,” said Battle, who said he thought Obama is succeeding in moving America toward a more equal society. “He's very special. God put him here just like he did Moses,” Battle said. “I can see progress, but that's not good enough, because I know that we've got more to go.”​

More: Obama Inauguration: Tuskegee Airmen, Black Veterans See President Winning War They Fought
Moses could do a better job then the idiot in chief.

Romans 13:1 NIV

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Try quoting that scripture to your ultra-right wing, Evangelical Christian friends (as I've done) and listen to them twist scripture to deny that verse says just what it says.

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

Here's something to chew on:

IF you really believe God appoints rulers and leaders to fulfill HIS will, does it not therefore follow that to resist that leader is to resist the Will of God himself?

Remember, even Jesus Christ himself did not resist the tyranny of Rome. Instead, he willingly submitted to their laws.

Try quoting that scripture to your ultra-right wing, Evangelical Christian friends (as I've done) and listen to them twist scripture to deny that verse says just what it says.
You can quote scripture all day out of contex - as satan did! The Word also says to resist evil, and it will flee from you! Obama is not the absolute authority - the Constitution is! The Word also says to cast down every imagination that rises up againt Him - to love good ( freedom ) and hate what is evil ( Opression / Debt )!

Obama is evil - he is committed to weakening the USA, and redistributing our weath, and power; bringing as many as he can under his ( government ) dependency. He is enslaving the populous, and enslaving the USA - " the borrower shall be a slave to the linder"

He may serve God's purpose; since we as a nation are falling away from Him - " He will send strong delusions"

Liberals are definately delusional - as they do not recognize the debt, or deficit in their ideological thinking; it simply does not factor in. That is why Reid won't consider a budget, and Obama won't consider ANY serious cuts!

I hate liberalism; it is pure evil veiled with good intentions!

Last edited:

You can quote scripture all day out of contex - as satan did! The Word also says to resist evil, and it will flee from you! Obama is not the absolute authority - the Constitution is! The Word also says to cast down every imagination that rises up againt Him - to love good ( freedom ) and hate what is evil ( Opression / Debt )!

Obama is evil - he is committed to weakening the USA, and redistributing our weath, and power; bringing as many as he can under his ( government ) dependency. He is enslaving the populous, and enslaving the USA - " the borrower shall be a slave to the linder"

He may serve God's purpose; since we as a nation are falling away from Him - " He will send strong delusions"

Liberals are definately delusional - as they do not recognize the debt, or deficit in their ideological thinking; it simply does not factor in. That is why Reid won't consider a budget, and Obama won't consider ANY serious cuts!

Dude! Get a grip! It really isn't the end of the world.

Dude! Get a grip! It really isn't the end of the world.
I have an immutable grip. It's the liberals who need to get a grip - on mathmatics. We live in a capitalist society. That means EVERYTHING has a price; to ignore it means financial destruction!

Forum List

Back