Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

again, they are illegally detaining/hindering him.....unless he just committed a crime ....did he?

They are not detaining him........again.......watch the video.........at all times the black guy had freedom of movement.....there was absolutely nothing to prevent him from jogging on down the street as he should have.

There was no excuse for him to attack the white guy with the gun.

They are detaining him. According to the fathers own words the incident in the video is at least the 3rd time they attempted to cut Ahmaud off. They went above and beyond what Georgia law allows for a citizens arrest. Ahmaud is under no obligation to talk to them. The father and son needed to let him got and just dial 911 after the first attempt to stop him. Instead they followed him and cut him off 2 more times. This was harassment and not a citizens arrest. It seems clear Ahmaud is trying to avoid them in the video (which is at last the 3rd time they cut him off) by swerving and running around the right side of the truck. But Travis moves to the front of the truck and cuts him off. I'm wondering what was going through Ahmaud's mind at that point knowing these guys weren't going to let him go. IMO he had a right to assume a defensive posture. A jury will decide.

I'm a Trump supporter and big defender of the 2nd Amendment. But this type of vigilante justice is NOT why we have the right to own weapons. The father and son had a right to open carry. They had a right to request Ahmaud stop to talk to them. But once Ahmaud made it clear he did not want to talk to them, they did not have a right to cut him off 3 times and block his path with a show of intimidating force. The poor decisions made by the father and son led to this incident. Under Georgia law this looks like involuntary manslaughter at least.
..they can request to talk to him, but they don't have a right to.....if fact, that can be seen as harassment
harassment especially if they are holding firearms......I talk to people everyday--but they don't have firearms
Lookie here boyo...in this nation anyone has a right to talk or try to talk to anyone...not complicated at all.
.....do you know the law regarding harassment?
And anyone in this nation has the right to not be harassed by strangers without being shot. Boy.
Well don’t try to steal a gun. Man this black guy was crazy
he actually pulled the gun into his own midsection after it went off twice.
Oooooooh. I see. It was suicide by red neck.
If you’re defending your house somebody breaks in and try to grab a gun in your hand what did you call that?
Who's how was being broken into? Who was in someone's house grabbing a gun in someone's hand?
The video shows a black guy wrestling the gun from the white guy and he got shot in his fucking chest, did he think his race card made him bulletproof lol

Here's the problem with everyone argument and it is the two that are being charged for murder admitted they followed the guy because they claim he fit a description of someone robbing the area.

Then the two had their guns out and had no business of trying to subdue the individual and they should have called the local authorities.

Laws are different from State to State but if someone is trying to stop you while running and you are black and they are white and they are holding a firearm to stop you from leaving then those holding the firearm could be in trouble.

Again, it is what the two men said why they were following the other guy is what will get them into trouble and the video hurt them even of the man lunges at the guy with the drawn firearm because that guy had no business getting out of his truck and trying to stop the other man.
they did call 911.

Then they should have left it to the local authorities and they had no business trying to subdue the person after he had been down the road.

They could have followed at a distance and gave the 911 operator the person home address or if they gotten in a vehicle the plate number and description of the automobile.

Again, this has been told countless of times do not take the law into your own hands unless your life is threaten and the two white guys put their lives at risk when confronting the runner.
they were looking to keep under control until the cops got there. Maybe stupid, but isn't illegal either.

You can not have guns drawn while waiting for someone to run down the road.

Also it is not illegal to run down a road and they had no business chasing after him unless a crime had been committed and they were witness to the crime.
They were a witness to a crime. One of them saw the man trespassing in a house under construction, called 9-1-1. Then the black man wearing a white t-shirt took off running when he realized he was spotted.

They followed him in their truck. Called 9-1-1 again. That’s when the black man wearing a white t-shirt attacked the man with the shotgun.
Not true at all.
Uh huh. 9-1-1 audio is out.

Listen if you dare:

Oh oh, and if you bothered to read the article it stated that when asked by the operator if a crime was being committed the response was garbled, so let be clear the man killed was known to run in the area and the two men that chased him did not even tell the operator if a crime was committed.

Also calling 911 is not evidence of a crime being committed and it is them calling claiming one was being done and had lived in that region it is possible that guy was killed for being black.

So your link does not help you and you should have read the article because the caller never said what was being done.

Also why drive past the guy and wait for him to come up the road?

Bet the true crime is the guy was shagging a daughter of the two guys...

More nonsense. Pathetic There does not have to be a crime to be a suspect....being a suspect merely means one is suspected of comitting a crime.....they they followed him so they could tell the police where he was....nothing illegal about anthing they did...but one has to have some knowledge of the law to understand that....too many on here lack even a basic understanding of the law....especially the law regarding self defense.

..plain and simple:
..he was doing no wrong
..the suspects admit to chasing/blocking/intercepting him--and they admit he even peacefully tried to get away
...they shot him
..he finally was FORCED to stand his ground
He shot himself.

you didn’t watch the video in the OP

..plain and simple:
..he was doing no wrong
..the suspects admit to chasing/blocking/intercepting him--and they admit he even peacefully tried to get away
...they shot him
..he finally was FORCED to stand his ground
He shot himself.

you didn’t watch the video in the OP
exactly. the black thug should be charged with murder and reckless handling of a white man's gun, while trespassing on a white road.

again, they are illegally detaining/hindering him.....unless he just committed a crime ....did he?

They are not detaining him........again.......watch the video.........at all times the black guy had freedom of movement.....there was absolutely nothing to prevent him from jogging on down the street as he should have.

They are detaining him. According to the fathers own words the incident in the video is at least the 3rd time they attempted to cut Ahmaud off. They went above and beyond what Georgia law allows for a citizens arrest. Ahmaud is under no obligation to talk to them. The father and son needed to let him got and just dial 911 after the first attempt to stop him. Instead they followed him and cut him off 2 more times. This was harassment and not a citizens arrest. It seems clear Ahmaud is trying to avoid them in the video (which is at last the 3rd time they cut him off) by swerving and running around the right side of the truck. But Travis moves to the front of the truck and cuts him off. I'm wondering what was going through Ahmaud's mind at that point knowing these guys weren't going to let him go. IMO he had a right to assume a defensive posture. A jury will decide.

I'm a Trump supporter and big defender of the 2nd Amendment. But this type of vigilante justice is NOT why we have the right to own weapons. The father and son had a right to open carry. They had a right to request Ahmaud stop to talk to them. But once Ahmaud made it clear he did not want to talk to them, they did not have a right to cut him off 3 times and block his path with a show of intimidating force. The poor decisions made by the father and son led to this incident. Under Georgia law this looks like involuntary manslaughter at least.
..they can request to talk to him, but they don't have a right to.....if fact, that can be seen as harassment
harassment especially if they are holding firearms......I talk to people everyday--but they don't have firearms
Lookie here boyo...in this nation anyone has a right to talk or try to talk to anyone...not complicated at all.
And anyone in this nation has the right to not be harassed by strangers without being shot. Boy.
If you’re defending your house somebody breaks in and try to grab a gun in your hand what did you call that?
Who's how was being broken into? Who was in someone's house grabbing a gun in someone's hand?
The video shows a black guy wrestling the gun from the white guy and he got shot in his fucking chest, did he think his race card made him bulletproof lol

Here's the problem with everyone argument and it is the two that are being charged for murder admitted they followed the guy because they claim he fit a description of someone robbing the area.

Then the two had their guns out and had no business of trying to subdue the individual and they should have called the local authorities.

Laws are different from State to State but if someone is trying to stop you while running and you are black and they are white and they are holding a firearm to stop you from leaving then those holding the firearm could be in trouble.

Again, it is what the two men said why they were following the other guy is what will get them into trouble and the video hurt them even of the man lunges at the guy with the drawn firearm because that guy had no business getting out of his truck and trying to stop the other man.
they did call 911.

Then they should have left it to the local authorities and they had no business trying to subdue the person after he had been down the road.

They could have followed at a distance and gave the 911 operator the person home address or if they gotten in a vehicle the plate number and description of the automobile.

Again, this has been told countless of times do not take the law into your own hands unless your life is threaten and the two white guys put their lives at risk when confronting the runner.
they were looking to keep under control until the cops got there. Maybe stupid, but isn't illegal either.

Also it is not illegal to run down a road and they had no business chasing after him unless a crime had been committed and they were witness to the crime.
They were a witness to a crime. One of them saw the man trespassing in a house under construction, called 9-1-1. Then the black man wearing a white t-shirt took off running when he realized he was spotted.

They followed him in their truck. Called 9-1-1 again. That’s when the black man wearing a white t-shirt attacked the man with the shotgun.
Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

Damn, you just handed this to us on a silver platter. LOL The caller pretty much says Ahmaud isn't doing anything wrong.

911 Operator - "And you said someone is breaking into it right now?"
The Caller - "No, it's all open, it's under construction"

911 Operator - "What is he doing?"
The Caller - "He's running down the street"

911 Operator - "I just need to know what he's doing wrong?"
The caller has no answer to that question.
Well, hmm , curious, if their intentions were to drop the dude, why would they call authorities? You have to explain that. See, to logical folks, their call means the opposite.

If they called the authorities, then why didn't they let the authorities do their job? You have to explain that. See, to logical folks, that's the more important question.

Its amazing how ridiculous some of the posters (like this one above) can be.....let me ax you dis boyoooo.............ever called the police....if you had you would know it takes a while...sometimes a long while for them to get on the scene.....thus the good citizens were trying to keep track of the suspect and slow down his escape from the area ....to give the police the time needed to arrive on the scene....this thread is like trying to teach 3rd graders....where do all these simpletons come from? Maybe most of them are black...I would hate to think white folk could be so stupid.
this thread is like trying to teach 3rd graders....where do all these simpletons come from?
I'm white.....you are beyond reasonable
..they aggressively chased/ blocked/intercepted/etc an innocent man and then shot him = murder/manslaughter
..I'm white....if he had stolen something, I say shoot him....but it doesn't look like he did
that's why they have been arrested
You don’t know enough to say anything, nor does anyone

No one wants to talk about what’s on the video I wonder why

I was just adding that there's really no logical case to be made that the victim lunged at the shooter if one watches the video slowly.
Well that's completely wrong. Pointing a gun at someone is assault. If i point a gun at you, you have a right to defend your life. I sense a bit of bias in you. You seem smart enough to figure this outt, but there is apparently a barrier to you doing so.

Here in Texas if you break into my home I can pull my gun on you and shoot... If you approach my car in a threatening manner again I have the right to self defense... If you come on my property and refuse to leave and are in a threatening manner where I fear for my life, again I can pull my gun...

Now is that assault?

No, not in Texas.

Now in Georgia did the two individuals fear for their lives or did they put their lives in danger by trying to act like law enforcement?

From the video they were in the wrong and the runner is the victim and by their own statement they were following him and claim he looked like a suspect.

What they are trying to use is the Zimmerman Defense and I doubt it will apply to them but who knows...
Now in Georgia did you two individuals fear for their lives or did they put their lives in danger by trying to act like law enforcement?

Well I wasn't there and am not part of the two, so not sure why you wrote that.

but to your point, once he grabbed the gun, that changed the scenario. so the guy with the gun is just to be submissive? You aren't trying to say that after everything else you just posted, are you?

So are you saying I can point a gun at you at anytime and you will not fight back?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

The two individuals had no reason to follow the guy and have guns drawn.

They are not law enforcement and had this happened to a white guy you would be calling for the two blacks to be hung from a tree...

So cut the shit out and let be clear they had their guns out trying to stop someone when it was not their job!

Any citizen has a right to try and help the police apprehend a suspect....as has been pointed out ad nauseum....it is legal to carry weapons in Georgia as well as in many other states.

But you are correct in one respect....they were just trying to slow down his escape from the area or get him to stop until the police had time to get there....at no point did they try to actually arrest him.

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

Oh oh, and if you bothered to read the article it stated that when asked by the operator if a crime was being committed the response was garbled, so let be clear the man killed was known to run in the area and the two men that chased him did not even tell the operator if a crime was committed.

Also calling 911 is not evidence of a crime being committed and it is them calling claiming one was being done and had lived in that region it is possible that guy was killed for being black.

So your link does not help you and you should have read the article because the caller never said what was being done.

More nonsense. Pathetic There does not have to be a crime to be a suspect....being a suspect merely means one is suspected of comitting a crime.....they they followed him so they could tell the police where he was....nothing illegal about anthing they did...but one has to have some knowledge of the law to understand that....too many on here lack even a basic understanding of the law....especially the law regarding self defense.

Except you excluded the part where their lawyer argued they were executing a citizens arrest. Under Georgia law this did not qualify as a citizens arrest. Talk about understanding the law. Go read up on it.

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

Except you excluded the part where their lawyer argued they were executing a citizens arrest. Under Georgia law this did not qualify as a citizens arrest. Talk about understanding the law. Go read up on it.
Ahh you need police help, are you a female?

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

they can retract this statement and hope for a friendly prosecutor and jury. then they will get off scot free. merka

...the video hurt them even if the man lunges at the guy with the drawn firearm...

If you play the video in slow motion, you can see that the shooter was on the left side of the truck prior to the victim circling around the back of the truck right before the camera pans to the right.

When the camera pans back to the left, the shooter is seen having repositioned himself in front of the truck and had met the victim there as the victim resumed course after circling the truck which was blocking his path.

Looks like the victim was met with the barrel of the gun as he was resuming course after circling the truck.

Doesn't appear that he lunged at the shooter, it appears that the shooter moved from the left of the truck to the front of the truck and met the victim as he made his way around.

He likely ran right into the barrel of the gun pointed at him.

I am not arguing in defense of the shooters and they put themselves in this mess.

No the media and their political hacks did that. Before the case was politizized and investigation was done and the men were cleared. Then along came the media and stirred up the natives to the point where the politicoes in Ga. became concerned there would be riots, lootings and burnings as is typical when the natives get restless....so the political hacks tossed the Negroes a bone....arrest the white men and have a grand jury convene.......political theater....nothing more....nothingless.

If it does actually go to trial any competent jury will vote to acquit....look at the trayvon case....he was acquitted and he did not even have a video to support his case like these guys do.

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

Damn, you just handed this to us on a silver platter. LOL The caller pretty much says Ahmaud isn't doing anything wrong.

Well, hmm , curious, if their intentions were to drop the dude, why would they call authorities? You have to explain that. See, to logical folks, their call means the opposite.

If they called the authorities, then why didn't they let the authorities do their job? You have to explain that. See, to logical folks, that's the more important question.

Its amazing how ridiculous some of the posters (like this one above) can be.....let me ax you dis boyoooo.............ever called the police....if you had you would know it takes a while...sometimes a long while for them to get on the scene.....thus the good citizens were trying to keep track of the suspect and slow down his escape from the area ....to give the police the time needed to arrive on the scene....this thread is like trying to teach 3rd graders....where do all these simpletons come from? Maybe most of them are black...I would hate to think white folk could be so stupid.
I'm so glad you don't make any racist posts. That would be very telling if you did.

Leftwing lunatics and race baiters can’t accept the fact that police already looked at all this evidence and concluded that no crime was committed.
These guys called 9-1-1 to report a burglary in progress, followed him when he fled, and then got attacked by the burglar. All confirmed by 9-1-1 tapes and video.
So why were the two cave chimps arrested and arraigned then?

I was just adding that there's really no logical case to be made that the victim lunged at the shooter if one watches the video slowly.
Well that's completely wrong. Pointing a gun at someone is assault. If i point a gun at you, you have a right to defend your life. I sense a bit of bias in you. You seem smart enough to figure this outt, but there is apparently a barrier to you doing so.

Here in Texas if you break into my home I can pull my gun on you and shoot... If you approach my car in a threatening manner again I have the right to self defense... If you come on my property and refuse to leave and are in a threatening manner where I fear for my life, again I can pull my gun...

Now is that assault?

No, not in Texas.

Now in Georgia did the two individuals fear for their lives or did they put their lives in danger by trying to act like law enforcement?

From the video they were in the wrong and the runner is the victim and by their own statement they were following him and claim he looked like a suspect.

What they are trying to use is the Zimmerman Defense and I doubt it will apply to them but who knows...

Obviously you are one of the stooopids....next...I will not waste time dealing with stoooopids. hehheh

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

The same people who were constitutional scholars two months ago, became viral epidemiologists the next month and now are experts on Georgia state law.

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

I'm so glad you don't make any racist posts. That would be very telling if you did.

Hell, I am a proud racist sexist bigot and even I know those two were not in the right and should have not chased the guy down...

they did call 911.

Not true at all.

Listen if you dare:

Aren’t you a democrat

I am not arguing in defense of the shooters and they put themselves in this mess.

Yeah, I know you're not.

The video clearly shows that the shooter repositioned himself as the camera panned away to cut off the path of the victim as he circled around the front of the truck to resume his course.

He literally had no place to go but front-first into the barrel of a rifle.

I understand...

In today time people should wear body cameras that will record their actions so if and when something like this happens there can be the body camera video...

They make so many neat gadgets for recording...

As for those two it is clear certain people will blame the Black and proclaim he is guilty no matter what evidence is shown...

With that said I will reserve my comment on the two idiots until the grand jury is done...

You lack the qualification to judge anything.....no understanding of the law not even to mention no common sense.

Forum List

Back