Videos of people "auditing" the police.

I would say the majority of these videos are one of two things...
1) An asshole trying to provoke an officer to get angry so he/she can get views.
2) An asshole who who thinks they are a lawyer invoking their right to be an asshole.

I have seen very few of these where the cop is totally in the wrong. Meaning, it is a legit recording where a person turns on their camera so they can document what is happening to them. - Rare

I would say the majority of these videos are one of two things...
1) An asshole trying to provoke an officer to get angry so he/she can get views.
2) An asshole who who thinks they are a lawyer invoking their right to be an asshole.

I have seen very few of these where the cop is totally in the wrong. Meaning, it is a legit recording where a person turns on their camera so they can document what is happening to them. - Rare
thanks for your opinion no matter how wrong it is,,

god forbid someone exercise their rights in public view,,,

thanks for your opinion no matter how wrong it is,,

god forbid someone exercise their rights in public view,,,
There is exercising your right, and then just being an ass so you can get views.
Example... it is lawful in many states to open carry a rifle.
But then you can find videos of dumbasses walking down a street carrying a rifle in the "ready to shoot" hold.
They are just being assholes hoping a cop will come by so they can show everyone how smart they are on their rights - when really they are just showing how much of a dumbass they are.

One of the first things you learn to do as a cop is to ignore people who aren't committing an offense.

If they aren't committing an offense, you really don't have a legal option for dealing with them and nowhere to take it if they refuse to cooperate. You know going in that an "auditor / sovereign citizen" isn't going to cooperate so just leave them alone. That is much more of an annoyance to them than talking to them (which is what they crave).

People call the police on each other all the time. In a civil dispute, the cop should remind the complainant that they can't interfere if no crime is being committed.

However, if library staff had asked him to leave and he refused, he could be arrested and charged with the offense of trespassing.

There is exercising your right, and then just being an ass so you can get views.
Example... it is lawful in many states to open carry a rifle.
But then you can find videos of dumbasses walking down a street carrying a rifle in the "ready to shoot" hold.
They are just being assholes hoping a cop will come by so they can show everyone how smart they are on their rights - when really they are just showing how much of a dumbass they are.
I am sure you not providing any examples of this is just an oversite,,,

OH,, the 2nd A says all states are legal to open carry,,
you do support the 2nd A dont you??

Here is one from two weeks ago when Florida Police arrest a legally blind man because they thought his walking stick was a gun

Here is one from two weeks ago when Florida Police arrest a legally blind man because they thought his walking stick was a gun

Several times a day, cops get called to 911 for people carrying guns in public. Upon investigation, they are almost always, a cane, an umbrella, a toy, or something that no sane person would ever mistake for a gun.

But, the calls must be investigated.

technically thats not why they arrested him,, they stopped him for that and escalated it because of hurt feelings,,

Hard to say what they arrested him for
Refusing to give ID when you are not suspected of a crime is not an offense

if that were only true,,

It's true ... but there are always exceptions.

I did watch the video and there is a lot more going on than in this episode than what is shown on the edited video.

I am curious to know what "paperwork" they are attempting to serve on him.

Several times a day, cops get called to 911 for people carrying guns in public. Upon investigation, they are almost always, a cane, an umbrella, a toy, or something that no sane person would ever mistake for a gun.

But, the calls must be investigated.
But once you realize it is not a gun you apologize and send them on their way…..That did not happen

It's true ... but there are always exceptions.

I did watch the video and there is a lot more going on than in this episode than what is shown on the edited video.

I am curious to know what "paperwork" they are attempting to serve on him.
which video are you talking about??

Forum List

Back