Vienna Sausage nightmare!

Those damned things were made for infants. They are totally gross. Soft and flavorless and they smell like .... sterilized processed canned meat.

I like a tin of sardines if I'm going to have canned protein.
I take sardines over Vienna sausage any day.

Did they actually invent those things in Vienna? Lucy Hamilton

"I take sardines over Vienna sausage any day."

You should visit us Marion and you would NOT make this comment, you would agree with the MAJESTIC of our excellent product that I post in the pictures in this thread in my other comment.

NO what is in Mike's picture no RELATION to what we have, I post pictures in this thread of what that SHOULD look like in colour and shape. NO not invented in Wien invented in Frankfurt by Johann Georg Lahner and then he imported them us in 1806, they have had Official Protected Status since approx 1860. Across the border our brothers and sisters call them Wiener Würstchen, what you call Vienna sausage but we have never refer to them as that we always have refer to them as Frankfurter Würstel and also Frankfurter Würstl, what you would call Frankfurters.

Johann Georg Lahner – Wikipedia

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/148363177/johann-georg-lahner

Last edited:
Inexcusable! Today I thought I would have a can of Armour Vienna Sausage. Now, I have almost 60 years experience with this stuff and NEVER before have I been so outraged as I was when I opened the can a little while ago!
:08621:

The middle weenie was missing!!!
1f609.png
1f609.png

View attachment 260243

dsc_1998-web-jpg.260243

Uh WTF you doing buying things in that construction they are in, ONLY Americans and the stupid British would put Frankfurter Würstel or also Frankfurter Würstl in that construction. You know we do not refer to them as Wiener's, they are called Frankfurter Würstel or also Frankfurter Würstl.

I ADORE them I could eat them ALL the time I could live ONLY on eating them, but NOT that CRAP you have in America like in your terrible picture, but the below they SHOULD look like in colour and shape etc:

Frankfurter_W%C3%BCrstel_mit_Brezel.jpg

They all are very nice with this:

IMG_8028.JPG

My VERY favourite though is Käsekrainer a type of Brühwurst with cheese in usually Emmentaler some have Parmesan. I always have for breakfast Brötchen with butter and a sliced nectarine and some Käsekrainer, they look like this:

kaesekrainer.jpg

kasekrainer.jpg

After eating the above it is very nice to then have some Topfenstrudel but only if not eating the above for breakfast, the below is Topfenstrudel and I WORSHIP it:

wachauer-topfenstrudel-rezept-img-17619.jpg

Also Guglhupf and also Gugelhupf, this is my favourite with cherries and cream liqueur icing:

juicy-marzipan-gugelhupf-cake-cherries-cream-liqueur-icing.jpg

I toldja mike, have a hotdog. Now that Lucy told ya, maybe you'll listen.

Inexcusable! Today I thought I would have a can of Armour Vienna Sausage. Now, I have almost 60 years experience with this stuff and NEVER before have I been so outraged as I was when I opened the can a little while ago!

1f609.png
1f609.png

View attachment 260243

A rat probably ate it on the canning line. If you bitch to Armor, I'm sure they'll send you a sausage.
Most likely it was a fluke because all the other cans were full. It's not worth complaining about.
Sell it on ebay!

Don't think that the USA doesn't have some truly great sausage including those that are considered wieners instead of sausage both home grown and imported. There is something for everybody's taste and budget. And yes, for many purposes, Vienna sausages would not be somebody's first choice.

But the advantage of Vienna sausages is that they require no refrigeration until the can is opened and have a shelf life of 2 years or more. Sausages and wieners, even those that are cured, will keep for only so long before it becomes inadvisable to eat them. So you haven't been to the store for a couple of weeks and you want a quick snack. Pull that little can out of the cupboard, grab some crackers and go watch the game or your favorite TV show with little fuss, muss, or bother.

In other words, a bit of tolerance please. Food snobbery is so. . . .2018.

Don't think that the USA doesn't have some truly great sausage including those that are considered wieners instead of sausage both home grown and imported. There is something for everybody's taste and budget. And yes, for many purposes, Vienna sausages would not be somebody's first choice.

But the advantage of Vienna sausages is that they require no refrigeration until the can is opened and have a shelf life of 2 years or more. Sausages and wieners, even those that are cured, will keep for only so long before it becomes inadvisable to eat them. So you haven't been to the store for a couple of weeks and you want a quick snack. Pull that little can out of the cupboard, grab some crackers and go watch the game or your favorite TV show with little fuss, muss, or bother.

Having taste buds isn't snobbish.

Those damned things were made for infants. They are totally gross. Soft and flavorless and they smell like .... sterilized processed canned meat.

You should visit us Marion and you would NOT make this comment, you would agree with the MAJESTIC of our excellent product that I post in the pictures in this thread in my other comment.

NO what is in Mike's picture no RELATION to what we have, I post pictures in this thread of what that SHOULD look like in colour and shape. NO not invented in Wien invented in Frankfurt by Johann Georg Lahner and then he imported them us in 1806, they have had Official Protected Status since approx 1860. Across the border our brothers and sisters call them Wiener Würstchen, what you call Vienna sausage but we have never refer to them as that we always have refer to them as Frankfurter Würstel and also Frankfurter Würstl, what you would call Frankfurters.

They are the wurst, ja?

It's either Spam or nothing, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam....
Lovely Spam wonderful Spam..
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam..

Insulting somebody else's taste buds IS snobbish though. :)

Well then tell the person you are referring to, since I didn't insult anyone.

It's either Spam or nothing, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam....
Lovely Spam wonderful Spam..
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam..

Yes another staple in the pantry with a shelf life approximating a mop handle. :) But it is an extremely versatile product and the fact that they still make it and market it verifies that people still buy it and eat it.

I can testify that it makes great fish bait too. Hombre and I were camped out on the shore of Elephant Butte Lake one spring morning intending to rise early to catch a mess of fish. But during the night a fox or cougar or raccoon or something absconded with our bait. The fish were jumping so we decided to try using spam for bait. I kid you not, we practically had to hide behind the car to bait our hooks and they hit the bait sometimes it almost seemed like before it hit the water.

Well then tell the person you are referring to, since I didn't insult anyone.

Nor did I, but you addressed your comment to me so I responded. Do have a good day.

They are the wurst, ja?
Yes brat, they are.

Mmm, Sabrett's. Bah! I got a steak and Taco Bell to eat.
I looked up Sabrett's --had never heard of it, and I was surprised. I grew up in New York in the land of the white hot dog and I never heard of these NYC hot dogs.

1f609.png
1f609.png

View attachment 260243
That stuff is not good for you in about twenty different ways. If you're gonna eat shit like that for lunch, go microwave yourself a hotdog; at least that tastes decent.

:puhleeze:

:shutupsmiley:

Forum List

Back