šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Zone1 Virtually everyone despises the Catholic Church (which is NOT @ the Vatican [since 1958]). However, the stats.....

Letā€™s see if I can help youā€¦

I was the Stewardship chairperson at a good sized Lutheran Church in CT back in the mid to late 1990s. During that time we had a steady stream of young couples, especially couples with small children, coming to us from the local Roman Catholic Churches.

They would tell me that they felt the RCC, and especially the clergy were almost pushing them out the door with a totally emotionless, inflexible, and uncaring set of rules combined with a lack of options and programs for their family.

Parishes DEMANDING 10% tithes for basic sacraments and services. Expected ā€œdonationsā€ for christenings and first communions. One couple included a local amateur musician. They expected she would be available to play whenever the church wanted her. When I explained that we welcomed people of all income levels and simply asked folks to provide whatever financial support and skills they felt comfortable with, they were utterly shocked.

You are likely speaking of the novus ordo fake church since I'm sure what you describe here took place after 1962 (?). I don't know how many damn times I have to say this but the Vatican and those who still think it is "Catholic" are NOT the Catholic Church. If you don't believe that, you are free to do what I have done: research it.

No kidding people are treated like dirt in a FAKE Church... just no freaking kidding! What a shock!

You are likely speaking of the novus ordo fake church since I'm sure what you describe here took place after 1962 (?). I don't know how many damn times I have to say this but the Vatican and those who still think it is "Catholic" are NOT the Catholic Church
I canā€™t rightly say Iā€™ve ever come across a Roman Catholic Church which doe not follow the Vatican. There are different breeds of Orthodox Catholicism that donā€™t follow the Vatican but most of them existed long before 1962. So Iā€™m not sure where to even find the type of church youā€™re talking about.

I canā€™t rightly say Iā€™ve ever come across a Roman Catholic Church which doe not follow the Vatican. There are different breeds of Orthodox Catholicism that donā€™t follow the Vatican but most of them existed long before 1962. So Iā€™m not sure where to even find the type of church youā€™re talking about.
all yoiu have to do is look up Sedevacantist Churches on the internet and you can find one in your area, although it will likely be somewhere not so nearby because again, they are scattered throughout the world and not popular (but then Jesus Himself is not popular anymore either)

Like anything else in this sin infested world, the Vatican was overcome by non-believers, communists, probably mafia and etc after Pius XII died.

There are a lot of bad fruits from the Vatican and this is why

DUMB

I never said there were ZERO Catholics who murder

what a dishonest --
This was your statement: And I can't even think of ONE murderer who was raised Catholic

That's because YOU are dumb, You are very likely an American, and you never heard of the Oklahoma Bomber? You never heard about Hitler, Stalin, the IRA? etc.etc.

You are a liar and religious sectarian fanatic who makes up a thread headline, in order to denounce the Roman Catholic Church and hence to promote your own religious cult/sect.
Well your pathetic attempt failed miserably.

Nothing near me. Not that you will catch me inside a church, temple, mosque or synagogue of ANY denomination EVER again, if I can help it.

My brother is an ordained Lutheran pastor and I wonā€™t even step foot in his church.

Nothing near me. Not that you will catch me inside a church, temple, mosque or synagogue of ANY denomination EVER again, if I can help it.

My brother is an ordained Lutheran pastor and I wonā€™t even step foot in his church.
Lutheran is not Catholic. I have often wondered which non Cahtolic church is closest to the Catholic but I can't say at this time. It hardly matters since any "church" that isnot the Church Christ founded is

not it.

Lutheran is not Catholic. I have often wondered which non Cahtolic church is closest to the Catholic but I can't say at this time
For a purely intellectual responseā€¦ Iā€™d guess the Lutheran Church is probably as close as youā€™ll find. Thatā€™s based on my experiences in Catholic Churches and the responses of Catholics I know to the Lutheran mass.
It hardly matters since any "church" that isnot the Church Christ founded is
You are correct it doesnā€™t matterā€¦ because you will never find me inside any house of worship of any denomination for any reason ever again.

For a purely intellectual responseā€¦ Iā€™d guess the Lutheran Church is probably as close as youā€™ll find. Thatā€™s based on my experiences in Catholic Churches and the responses of Catholics I know to the Lutheran mass.

You are correct it doesnā€™t matterā€¦ because you will never find me inside any house of worship of any denomination for any reason ever again.

If you reject the Church Christ founded, you will end up in Hell

(and I would not be a charitable person if I didn't warn people of such)

you won't be when you get there

it isn't referred to as the Land of Eternal Regret for nothing
My only regret is that I was conceived to begin with. Iā€™ve lived with thst regret for close to half a century already. I donā€™t see it changing, ever.

My only regret is that I was conceived to begin with. Iā€™ve lived with thst regret for close to half a century already. I donā€™t see it changing, ever.
I may not have been in a low places all my life, but when I am, this is what works for me: I start looking at and noticing the small things: A single drop of dew, down to its last sparkle, it's final color. A sprinkle of pollen, an ant busy at work. There are so many little things that are passed by with so little notice.

Maybe this doesn't work for anyone but me, but I thought I would pass it along to you anyway.

That is sad, but many people have had thesame thought, victims of child abuse in particular.

You are not alone. Maybe you could join some support group and talk to others about this? I don' know... some support groups are... well, complaining about thingsdoesn't always do much good? But sometmes it does do good to share w/ others the same kind of experiences.

I probably need to find one myself. Or maybe I (we?) could start something like that? I dont know.

I myself have felt this way often. One of my parents has always played games with me and treated me like dirt, likely because... well, I'm not sure I should go into that over the internet(?) but in any case, I basically had only one parent even though both stuck it out. I kind of wish they hadn't, truth be told. It's a long, ugly story. I almost wasn't born. So many things happened that, had they not happened, I would not be here. For one, there was a war that could have taken my father's life. Then there was the fact that a doctor told my father's mother not to have any more children but she did. And I could go on and on.

Maybe God wants you to exist? You just don't know WHY (exactly)?

Forum List

Back