Vista Outdoor to STOP manufacturing GUNS! WOW? Guess people need to buy more AR-XXX's?

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Outdoors company Vista Outdoor announced Tuesday that it will no longer produce firearms.

The firm will stop manufacturing guns but will continue to produce ammunition, which the company described as being its “largest core business.” Vista will also focus on its outdoor products.

"An increased focus on our heritage ammunition business will manifest itself in more innovative and breakthrough new products introduced over the next few years,” Vista Outdoor CEO Chris Metz said in a release.

Vista is now looking to sell its Savage and Stevens firearms lines, as well as other brands that aren’t related to guns.

The company faced pressure from outdoor retailers to stop producing guns following the mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February, PBS reported.
Vista Outdoor to stop manufacturing guns

:11_2_1043::yes_text12:

"Vista Outdoor, a manufacturer of guns and ammunition, said on Tuesday that it could divest from its gun brands, prompting a steep decline in stock price."

Looking to sell....so another company will manufacture them

Good grief
Guess the Russians can buy.
They're known to be Anti-American.
But the Gun Nutters are over gunned.
There are no profits to be had. LOL!

btw: It was founded in 2015. In a buy.

Properly maintained a Firearm is forever...
Ammunition is just a squeeze away from being gone forever...

Speaking from a capitalistic standpoint where does the profit lie?

Going for the Poor to a shooting range is a treat. It costs easy 350- 500 bucks
for a day of spewing bullets. Unless you are single shooting to over 500 yards.
But that can be 3-35 bucks a shot.

Last edited:
Outdoors company Vista Outdoor announced Tuesday that it will no longer produce firearms.

The firm will stop manufacturing guns but will continue to produce ammunition, which the company described as being its “largest core business.” Vista will also focus on its outdoor products.

"An increased focus on our heritage ammunition business will manifest itself in more innovative and breakthrough new products introduced over the next few years,” Vista Outdoor CEO Chris Metz said in a release.

Vista is now looking to sell its Savage and Stevens firearms lines, as well as other brands that aren’t related to guns.

The company faced pressure from outdoor retailers to stop producing guns following the mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February, PBS reported.

"Vista Outdoor, a manufacturer of guns and ammunition, said on Tuesday that it could divest from its gun brands, prompting a steep decline in stock price."

Never heard of them, they must be some off-brand. Doesn't matter anyway. There are already between 10-20 million AR rifles in this country.

for a day of spewing bullets. Unless you are single shooting to over 2000 yards.
But that can be 15-35 bucks a shot.

I don't have a clue where you reside at, but I would really like to sell you ammunition if you go to the range and spew projectiles all day long... Who does that? All day long? Are you not being a little chuckleheaded?

Never heard of them, they must be some off-brand. Doesn't matter anyway. There are already between 10-20 million AR rifles in this country.
This help?
Savage Arms : Firearms
upload_2018-5-1_17-51-28.png

upload_2018-5-1_17-53-10.png

for a day of spewing bullets. Unless you are single shooting to over 2000 yards.

I don't have a clue where you reside at, but I would really like to sell you ammunition if you go to the range and spew projectiles all day long... Who does that? All day long? Are you not being a little chuckleheaded?

Just to go with 5 Gun Nutters skeet shooting.
It can be 450 easy. For 5 hours on the range. It takes
the whole day. Morning drive to clean up.

Last edited:

Like I said, I don't know where you reside at but all day long means continuous firing and your video sure did not show that...

Like I said, I don't know where you reside at but all day long means continuous firing and your video sure did not show that...

Never been to a shoot range cowgirl?
It's easy to shoot 300- 1000 rounds in the event.
That be some cheap side low cal 100-170 bucks.
For good cals. that be 360-700 bucks. If you not making it,
Or buy old surplus ammo.

How about this clown

Never heard of them.
But I did find this when I searched......
Stock price: VSTO (NYSE) $14.56 -2.19 (-13.07%)
May 1, 4:02 PM EDT - Disclaimer

That brass is not gone! Dont' be an ass pick up your brass! Get a reload kit and save shit ton of money!

Never been to a shoot range cowgirl?
It's easy to shoot 300- 1000 rounds in the event.
That be some cheap side low cal 100-170 bucks.
For good cals. that be 360-700 bucks. If you not making it,
Or buy old surplus ammo.

How about this clown

Thats range day.
Not at the range everyday.
I probably shoot around 10'000 rounds a year using various calibers.
Thats 833 rounds a month,easily affordable unless you live under a bridge.

I drive 10 minutes to our local range. They have a pistol range with paper targets and a steel gallery , rifle range. archery range, shotgun range with skeet, trap, and sporting clays. A pro shop. A Beretta gallery store (what a store!). A full service restaurant. They have it all and they are friendly too!

38 ammo is $18/50 357 is a little more expensive at $22/50. Trap and skeet are $10 for 25 rounds.

I usually shoot for a while, then have a nice breakfast. Cost me about $50-60 bucks.

Dont' be an ass pick up your brass! Get a reload kit and save shit ton of money!

99% of my brass has been picked up in the last 30 years... I never have reloaded my own ammo but while living in the Giggleweeds kept a friend knee deep in brass... Left my firearms in the possession of my Son because Hawaii maybe one the worst states for Gun Laws...

Forum List

Back