Voting is so important to Americans that 100M didn’t vote and millions proudly cast meaningless votes on purpose every cycle….Why?

i love it when people inside the 2 party system think that voting for the same shitty people that got us to were we are now over and over again is just the best thing to do....
"The best thing to do?"

What alternative exists -- in the real world?

I don't subscribe to all pols being shitty people. I also don't believe things are terrible. Take the debt issue, or climate change? Some people warn about them, while others engage in ignoring the caveats like "This will happen unless we do this or that?" Unhappy people, take it all in and become like you -- still unhappy with everything.

Now go ahead and claim you are not unhappy after posting what you did. Go ahead.

I don't have "people'. Not all of us are herd animals.
I thought you were all giddy on this faggot?
IMG_2275.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok - this is gonna sound totally crazy, so bear with me, but what if ...

we just stopped voting for bad candidates on purpose?

Crazy talk, I know.

Me neither. But they do seem to float to the top.
I never vote for what is considered to be a bad candidate. Some candidates are stronger than others. But to rise up in a party process, one has something going on there. And I am not talking about gadflys and others who jump in without any inside party support.

I've been involved in party politics. I was on a ballot -- a slate of people for party positions. I've seen people work at winning over their neighbors and friends. It's admirable -- most of the time.

I never vote for what is considered to be a bad candidate. Some candidates are stronger than others. But to rise up in a party process, one has something going on there. And I am not talking about gadflys and others who jump in without any inside party support.

I've been involved in party politics. I was on a ballot -- a slate of people for party positions. I've seen people work at winning over their neighbors and friends. It's admirable -- most of the time.

Both the current two VP and PRES are BAD candidates. One was named border czar but did absolutely nothing but watch the border opened wide open. Spending $3T on GREEN hogwash with nothing to show for it is by your other BAD Candidate. Then the Lawfare waged on: copied from Wayne Root article.

President Trump; Peter Navarro; Steve Bannon; Rudy Guliani; Tulsi Gabbard; the January 6ers; the mass censorship of conservatives; the attempts by the DOJ to target and persecute PTA moms and pro-life grandmothers; and the mandates that forced American citizens to take experimental Covid vaccines, or lose their job. Those are just a few of the signs of the path down which we are headed. If Democrats win in November, it will get much worse.

The stolen Valor idiot should be doing a year in Jail right now for his actions. How about they turn the LAWFARE back on your saps with REAL CRIMES and REAL CHARGES like Treason on the Border Czar who did not do her sworn duty?

I never vote for what is considered to be a bad candidate.
But that's what partisans are constantly asking others to do.

Me too. And I didn't think all politicians are shit. But the two party system is failing us miserably.

But that's what partisans are constantly asking others to do.

Me too. And I didn't think all politicians are shit. But the two party system is failing us miserably.
I blame the citizens and the media. I see flaws with the two party system, but I have yet to see any credible alternatives that I'd support being proposed.

Ranked choice voting would address many of its flaws.
I can see people gaming that too. I despise term limits. I've seen it gamed and it's flaws are terrible.

I'd support ranked choice, if there were more than two major parties. But there are not. I suppose we can experiment. At local levels. I've seen Cambridge MA do it. I've lived in cities with different governmental systems "council-manager, commission, town meeting, and representative town meeting." 3 out of 4. And I see one size never fits all.

County and state level? Hmm...

On the national level (Presidential) I would not experiment as the cure could and in my opinion most likely be, worse than the dis-ease. I'm not pessimistic. I'm a pragmatic realist.

I can see people gaming that too. I despise term limits. I've seen it gamed and it's flaws are terrible.

I'd support ranked choice, if there were more than two major parties. But there are not.
I had to laugh out loud at that. Chicken egg etc..

For my money, the biggest flaw of the current system is the topic of this thread: lesser-of-two-evils voting. Ranked choice voting does away with that.

I had to laugh out loud at that. Chicken egg etc..

For my money, the biggest flaw of the current system is the topic of this thread: lesser-of-two-evils voting. Ranked choice voting does away with that.
Chicken or the Egg: You do know what came first, don't you?

Obviously, the egg. Science. Evolution. Over generations some bird like creature evolves. Genetic changes over a long time. The bird that lays the chicken egg, looks like a chicken, but many generations before would not have looked like a chicken.

The chicken does not spontaneously appear.

"Ranked choice" is the flavor of the week. Watch people game that system where it is introduced. Then complain and propose another cure for the dis-ease.

Forum List

Back