Voting is so important to Americans that 100M didn’t vote and millions proudly cast meaningless votes on purpose every cycle….Why?

You're missing the point. The question is, should you for a considerate that you think is bad, merely because the "other side" is worse?
Choices. We are presented with choices. Early on delegates through voters/citizens chose who would be the eventual party nominee. That is the reality we deal with. Some people choose to sit out elections. Some people try and suppress the vote. Some people try and increase the vote.

If I were running a campaign with a candidate sure to win (odds) why would I want more people voting? Realities.

Yes, you may be right... so... next time, serve-up an alternative fit to hold high office, who can articulate a vision rather than throw rocks...

Donald Trump knew in 2015 that rock throwing would keep him in the race, that and his playing all the other candidates for fools, believing he'd drop out and they'd get his people. He has a hard base (20+%) that stuck with him. The ones who demanded he throw more rocks.

I believe there were a few "good" conservative candidates in the GOP field in 2015/2016. Good didn't sell.

"Ranked choice" is the flavor of the week. Watch people game that system where it is introduced.
How?

Ranked choice does away with the spoiler effect, lesser-of-two-evils and the fear mongering that the two parties thrive on. Which is why they'll fight it tooth and nail.

Last edited:
"The best thing to do?"

What alternative exists -- in the real world?

I don't subscribe to all pols being shitty people. I also don't believe things are terrible. Take the debt issue, or climate change? Some people warn about them, while others engage in ignoring the caveats like "This will happen unless we do this or that?" Unhappy people, take it all in and become like you -- still unhappy with everything.

Now go ahead and claim you are not unhappy after posting what you did. Go ahead.
yea im unhappy with the inept, incompetent sub par people, you party people allow to run instead of demanding better...

Donald Trump knew in 2015 that rock throwing would keep him in the race, that and his playing all the other candidates for fools, believing he'd drop out and they'd get his people. He has a hard base (20+%) that stuck with him. The ones who demanded he throw more rocks.

I believe there were a few "good" conservative candidates in the GOP field in 2015/2016. Good didn't sell.
OK... have it your way... let's reconnect on the morning of November 6, 2024, to see who was right... :cool:

Forum List

Back