VP Pence Can Overrule Anything the Dems Want to Do

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
All because Ted Cruz digs up an obscure Senate rule enacted when the Dems were in power. Something like Dingy Harry's “nuclear option.”

Under the Budget Act of 1974, which is what governs reconciliation, it is the presiding officer, the vice president of the United States, who rules on what’s permissible on reconciliation and what is not,” Cruz told reporters Thursday. “That’s a conversation I’ve been having with a number of my colleagues.”

Read all of this @ What Ted Cruz Just Discovered Could Leave Senate Democrats POWERLESS...

[This post is being kept because it expresses the view that Pence is a hypocrite
and has no credibility anyway, based on the following criticism of his policies:]

While the phony christians are screwing over their fellow Americans and dooming their children to living in a third world country, they good news is they don't have to pretend they actually follow the teachings of Jesus.

8da1784256eb4693ab023f1feb1edfb7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While the phony christians are screwing over their fellow Americans and dooming their children to living in a third world country, they good news is they don't have to pretend they actually follow the teachings of Jesus.

I didn't know,you were a devout Christian, Dudley Luddite....

Neddly, point me to chapter and verse in the Bible that a government shall force charity for the poor from others at the point of a gun.

Problem in America is the too many welfare recipients don't want to fend for themselves. They are perfectly comfortable suckling from the government teat.

Charity for the truly downtrodden is absolutely acceptable, and is handled better than government by churches and church organizations. As an example, our church hands out tons of food and clothing every month. Especially in the winter. And during the school year local businesses build and hand out backpacks of food to the poor children to ensure they have something to eat over the weekend. Many of them are working poor, elderly, and homeless. Catholic Outreach is also a huge asset for them all as well.

Remember the old adage: "Charity starts at home".

All because Ted Cruz digs up an obscure Senate rule enacted when the Dems were in power. Something like Dingy Harry's “nuclear option.”

Under the Budget Act of 1974, which is what governs reconciliation, it is the presiding officer, the vice president of the United States, who rules on what’s permissible on reconciliation and what is not,” Cruz told reporters Thursday. “That’s a conversation I’ve been having with a number of my colleagues.”

Read all of this @ What Ted Cruz Just Discovered Could Leave Senate Democrats POWERLESS...
The courts will ultimately decide what can be covered under reconciliation

Conservatives are more charitable than Liberals when it comes to spending their own money however it seems that the left is certainly more charitable with other peoples.
Mary gave birth in a manger because they could not find a room. Seriously I'm not religious at all and i know this one.
Its seems that there has never been state level funding for homeless shelters in Indiana also the budget is drawn up by the Legislator not the Governor.

I'm not sure the court has any jurisdiction over Senate rules. Laws passed by congress? Yes, but not over congressional operating rules and regulations.

If 50%+1 in the Senate vote to create or change a rule, it's done. That's how Reid got away with it.

Cruz is a bad ass. Can he please be the next SCOTUS nominee?

No, the courts will not. They do not provide oversight of congressional processes. They have refused to hear such cases in the past and will continue to do so.

Forum List

Back