W. Bush to attend Donald Trump's inauguration

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
This is good news - we already know Obama will be there. Is Hillary Coming? I am pretty sure Jimmah Carter is coming

GHW Bush would if he wasn't so old; Slick Willie should come & yes, he should bring Hilldawg. Even if she refuses to bring back the china...

Former President George W. Bush to attend Donald Trump's inauguration | Donald Trump | Dallas News

Former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush will attend president-elect Donald Trump's inauguration Jan. 20, according to a statement from the former president .

"They are pleased to be able to witness the peaceful transfer of power — a hallmark of American democracy — and swearing-in of President Trump and Vice President [Mike] Pence," Bush's spokesman Freddy Ford said in a written statement.

Congrats! Now a days a POTUS agreeing to be seen in public with Trump is something to cheer when it used to be just the norm.

Congrats! Now a days a POTUS agreeing to be seen in public with Trump is something to cheer when it used to be just the norm.

you mean back when they were begging him for money & campaign contributions??

yes I remember

a47.jpg

you mean back when they were begging him for money & campaign contributions??

a47.jpg

No I'm referring to how this is great news that a POTUS will let himself be seen with Trump. This is usually normal stuff but you have to find your victories somewhere no matter how small.

"Yay someone wants to be seen with me" :eusa_dance:

The peaceful transfer of power. Bush and his family understand this better than anyone. It's the right thing to do regardless of past or present differences.

If only the rest of those who aren't happy with the results could understand this...

Last edited:
No way in hell will Hillary accompany Bill. That would be priceless though. Cameras would be on her more that Trump.

not so fast my friend:

Bill and Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Trump Inauguration

Woohoo! Must see TV!

Bill and Hillary Clinton have decided to attend the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States, according to two sources with knowledge of their plans. The Clintons will join former Presidents George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter, who have also announced that they will attend. George and Laura Bush said today that they would be present “to witness the peaceful transfer of power.”

Two well-placed sources tell New York that over the past few weeks Hillary Clinton discussed with trusted advisers and friends whether or not she should attend the inaugural. She and President Clinton, the sources said, decided to do so out of a sense of duty and respect for the American democratic process.

LINK

Forum List

Back