Wal-mart employee fired after reporting dog in hot truck

Wal-mart employee fired after reporting dog in hot truck - Ottawa - CBC News

Since Walmart has turned their back on the safety of their human customers in their parking lots, not surprising they don't care about a measly ole dog frying in a car outside.

Its like Walmart goes out of its way to behave badly in all situations.

The temps in Ottawa are pretty mild. I'd be curious to know the actual temp that day.
Dont get me wrong,you should never leave a dog in a hot car. But the upper seventies isnt going to kill a dog.

Ottowa PD doesn't have an Anonymous Tip Line? Wanna' rat on some one, do it anonymously. Dogs aren't important enough to confront people about, unless they're shitting on your lawn.

Since Walmart has turned their back on the safety of their human customers in their parking lots, not surprising they don't care about a measly ole dog frying in a car outside.

The temps in Ottawa are pretty mild. I'd be curious to know the actual temp that day.
Dont get me wrong,you should never leave a dog in a hot car. But the upper seventies isnt going to kill a dog.

Add 30-40 degrees to the outside ambient temperature to the inside temp of the vehicle.
Short waves from the sun. Long waves trying to get out. Doesn't go so well.
Ona 90 degree day in full sun, a car can be as much as 150 degrees inside..even with the windows open an inch.

Add 30-40 degrees to the outside ambient temperature to the inside temp of the vehicle.
Short waves from the sun. Long waves trying to get out. Doesn't go so well.
Ona 90 degree day in full sun, a car can be as much as 150 degrees inside..even with the windows open an inch.

I live in Texas. So trust me when I say I know about hot cars in the summer.
Apparently the guy in Ottawa does as well. The dog was fine.
Sure you got some idiots out there,hell I couldnt tell you which kills more mexican kids around here,backing over them in the driveway or hot cars. It's pretty much a toss up.

There are some rw posters here who are real scum.

Friggin' sub-human.

I'd save a dog over most of you.

Now, spend the next 10 pages whining and lying about that.

I was just in a Lake George Walmart.

They were saying over the loud speaker:

"Will the owner of the blue Camry please let your dog out before we call the police".

Guess they aren't all the same.

The Wal-Mart in my town has a huge sticker on their sliding doors that act as a "Don't forget your kid in the hot car" warning.

You know...it's pretty sad that people need to be reminded of this every f-ing summer.

The Wal-Mart in my town has a huge sticker on their sliding doors that act as a "Don't forget your kid in the hot car" warning.

You know...it's pretty sad that people need to be reminded of this every f-ing summer.

I was pretty shocked at the size of the people in there.

And they have execise equipment for sale!

First let me qualify myself, I am an animal advocate. I have 12 animals living with me, five dogs and seven cats. Three of the dogs and five of the cats are rescues.

I also am a person who doesn't think humans automatically outrank animals. I have one dog in particular who I love more than most people.

That said, I think there is a lot more to this story that we're not hearing. I suspect that Walmart employee was rude and combative. I suspect the dog was not in danger.

If it were me, and I really thought the dog was in danger, I would just call the police, or Animal Control and report the situation. I wouldn't bother with the owner. If my company had a policy about how to deal with this situation, and I suspect Walmart does, I would follow my company's policy.

I'm also well aware of the need to conduct myself with professionalism and decorum when representing my company, whether on my own time or not. I supsect this woman has little grasp of concepts like that. And if you're wearing your Walmart vest, you're representing the company, especially if you're on their property.

Yeah, I want to hear both sides of the story.

Last edited:

I was pretty shocked at the size of the people in there.

And they have execise equipment for sale!

I'm pretty shocked at the size of people EVERYWHERE Fat is the new normal.

First let me qualify myself, I am an animal advocate. I have 12 animals living with me, five dogs and seven cats. Three of the dogs and five of the cats are rescues.

I also am a person who doesn't think humans automatically outrank animals. I have one dog in particular who I love more than most people.

That said, I think there is a lot more to this story that we're not hearing. I suspect that Walmart employee was rude and combative. I suspect the dog was not in danger.

If it were me, and I really thought the dog was in danger, I would just call the police, or Animal Control and report the situation. I wouldn't bother with the owner. If my company had a policy about how to deal with this situation, and I suspect Walmart does, I would follow my company's policy.

I'm also well aware of the need to conduct myself with professionalism and decorum when representing my company, whether on my own time or not. I supsect this woman has little grasp of concepts like that. And if you're wearing your Walmat vest, you're representing the company, especially if you're on their property.

Yeah, I want to hear both sides of the story.

Check my post.

The announcement said just that.

Good grief, the fucking media. If you watch the news clip and the interview with the girl, they make it sound like she is confronting the man and trying to make him not leave the dog in the car. But if you read the article, she didn't confront the man until he came back out of the store, got back in his car with the dog and was driving away. He slowed down to say, "Hi, ladies," and only then did she confront him.

Last edited:
There are some rw posters here who are real scum.

Friggin' sub-human.

I'd save a dog over most of you.

Now, spend the next 10 pages whining and lying about that.
Dont worry, I care enough about you liberals that I would honor you by hitting the flush handle.

The best way for evil to triumph is for good to stand there and not do a thing.

God bless you and that lady always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Reading the article:

She didn't actually report the dog in the vehicle to anyone.

As the customer was leaving, with the unharmed dog, she confronted him. Needlessly in my opinion.

When told by the manager to talk to him with problems instead of confronting customers like that, she told him that she would not. In my experience, people tend to edit their versions of confrontations to make themselves seem better, so I suspect the conversation was a little more lively than a straight reading of the report would seem.

Forum List

Back