Wal-Mart outlook hit by store closings, food stamp cuts

My university teaches the value of low cost products. It's not just 'the Harvard pricks.' And Target and Costco are also thriving because they offer value. There's room for both models. And Wal-Mart is not the one doing the harm. They play by the rules. The government is the ones selling you out at every turn.

Don't kid yourself. In 1993 Wally took out a death policy without my permission for them to do so. It's a vile corporation and I absolutely hate it.

If govt. did not interfere with healthcare; it'd be much better off. Then we would be able to properly analyze how or how not Wal Mart is screwing people over. But their workers being on food stamps is not the problem. The fact that a worker can work 30-40 hours a week and be on food stamps is the problem. And that's on the government.

Which is not always the case. Depends on several factors when applying and the limits are set by the states.

Wal Mart has done this since I quite them in 1986, that is why I quite.
Sam made us sign a no union statement and promised us 40 hours if we did it. Then came the slow season and he ask us to take voluntary layoff. When no one volunteered he cut our hours to 20 hours a week.
They still do it to this day, my wife works for them.
This happens in the warehouses and the stores, not the main headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.
I don't understand. They promised you and your wife 40 hrs a week if you didn't join the union. You didn't then they cut your hours but you didn't mention the big lawsuit you filed. It must have come to court by now.
Then make the CEO's and store managers part time.
I don't think you grasp the concept of what CEOs and managers do.

Really? I do, so now you can try to nit pick on something else.

Don't kid yourself. In 1993 Wally took out a death policy without my permission for them to do so. It's a vile corporation and I absolutely hate it.

If govt. did not interfere with healthcare; it'd be much better off. Then we would be able to properly analyze how or how not Wal Mart is screwing people over. But their workers being on food stamps is not the problem. The fact that a worker can work 30-40 hours a week and be on food stamps is the problem. And that's on the government.

Yes, if Reagan hadn't screwed with the HMO act you'd be economically better.

Specificity is our friend. You have an okay thesis statement and no focus or supporting details. Your sentence may as well just read, 'I hate Reagan, yup.'

Why do people think Wal-Mart should be responsible to pay for the financial choices their employees make in their lives?

Why do people think Wal-Mart should be responsible to pay for the financial choices their employees make in their lives?

That's over-simplifying. In my mind, many Wal Mart employees are getting the short end of the stick. But my over-arching point is that govt. is screwing people way more than anything Wal Mart is or isn't doing. Wal Mart is at least playing by the rules. Govt. is running wild and unchecked.

I wish walmart would dry up and blow away. Just like they have done to struggling mom and pop businesses over the years. Fuck walmart. Maybe they can lower the wages of their employees, get a few more insured and have them sign Walmart as beneficiary if that employee dies, and give their ceo's and pals huge million buck bonus checks while they pretend to give a damn.

When 9/11 happened, my daughter was working there. Her other parental unit worked at the Pentagon. Walmart matched employee contributions and sent my daughter back East to visit, she had not been back since 1994. I have always found WM to be helpful and understanding of employee crises. Maybe only in Alaska?...

Sam made us sign a no union statement and promised us 40 hours if we did it. Then came the slow season and he ask us to take voluntary layoff. When no one volunteered he cut our hours to 20 hours a week.
This happens in the warehouses and the stores, not the main headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

You quite? You quite what?

When Wal-Mart was founded they were a good company, the owners cared about their employee's etc. Then a bunch of Harvard Business pricks took the company over and now it is soulless. My family does not shop there. We shop at Target or Costco. Wal-Mart KILLS local businesses and because of their blind quest for low cost product almost mandate that material be manufactured in China.

Wal-Mart is doing more harm to the US than any other company with the exception of Goldman Sachs who are even worse. And looky who Obama puts in government. Goldman Sachs execs.

What an asshole.

I work in aviation...specifically, service to companies who ship from China to the US. Ask yourself, when they can afford paying dunnage back to China whether it is worth it. But Americans, 'specially those low -income 'Murkins, buy what they can afford...why have so many American companies moved to China?

When Wal-Mart was founded they were a good company, the owners cared about their employee's etc. Then a bunch of Harvard Business pricks took the company over and now it is soulless. My family does not shop there. We shop at Target or Costco. Wal-Mart KILLS local businesses and because of their blind quest for low cost product almost mandate that material be manufactured in China.

Wal-Mart is doing more harm to the US than any other company with the exception of Goldman Sachs who are even worse. And looky who Obama puts in government. Goldman Sachs execs.

What an asshole.

My university teaches the value of low cost products. It's not just 'the Harvard pricks.' And Target and Costco are also thriving because they offer value. There's room for both models. And Wal-Mart is not the one doing the harm. They play by the rules. The government is the ones selling you out at every turn.

The government doesn't tell Wal-Mart that they must drive the cost of things so low that manufacturing has to leave the country. That's all Wal-Mart.

I don't understand. They promised you and your wife 40 hrs a week if you didn't join the union. You didn't then they cut your hours but you didn't mention the big lawsuit you filed. It must have come to court by now.
Then make the CEO's and store managers part time.
I don't think you grasp the concept of what CEOs and managers do.

No it was just me at the time, my wife currently works for them and this time of year they cut hours from 32 to 15-20.
Like I have enough dough to sue a company that would take me many years and a high law bill.
I just got another job that I worked plenty of hours like I like, which is 50-60 hours a week back then.

Now that comes across like you should be wondering why litigation costs you so much...maybe lawyers are the problem?

The government doesn't tell Wal-Mart that they must drive the cost of things so low that manufacturing has to leave the country. That's all Wal-Mart.
How do you manage to leave the American buying public out of the equation? People voted with their dollars. They didn't want to pay for the high cost of doing business here. I used to buy USA products, preferring quality over quanity, but now there's hardly a choice. Blaming Wally World and ignoring all the tight wads makes no sense.

How do you manage to leave the American buying public out of the equation? People voted with their dollars. They didn't want to pay for the high cost of doing business here. I used to buy USA products, preferring quality over quanity, but now there's hardly a choice. Blaming Wally World and ignoring all the tight wads makes no sense.

This is what it's come to....people actually complaining about low costs. Low costs are good for the consumer. Having high costs to satisfy artificially high wages is a boon; especially to those who are not earning them.

This is what it's come to....people actually complaining about low costs. Low costs are good for the consumer. Having high costs to satisfy artificially high wages is a boon; especially to those who are not earning them.

As the years go by and one must purchase the same "inexpensive" items over shorter and shorter intervals, people start to figure out that quality is more important than having to run out first thing in the morning after the toaster burns out.

As the years go by and one must purchase the same "inexpensive" items over shorter and shorter intervals, people start to figure out that quality is more important than having to run out first thing in the morning after the toaster burns out.
I was always that way. I lived in Germany as a kid and their mindset was/is different. They would get a wrought iron grate for the front door to last for generations while in America, if it holds up for 10 years that's great. We typically move (upscale) on a regular basis.

NEW YORK, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc Friday cut its quarterly profit outlook because of a host of issues, including reduced food stamp benefits and the restructuring of Sam's Club's in the United States and the closing of stores in Brazil and China.

"Wal-Mart caters to lower-income consumers which have been hit disproportionately hard," said Morningstar analyst Ken Perkins.

About 20 percent of the company's shoppers are food stamp recipients, analysts have estimated.

Wal-Mart outlook hit by store closings, food stamp cuts - Yahoo Finance

A large group of Walmart employees are on food stamps because their pay is so low, and this model Republican company is also hurt by food stamp cuts meant to cause their customers to starve to death? What kind of business plan is that?

I wouldn't say just Republican. Many Dems have worked with Wal Mart over the years.

One former First Lady by the name of Hillary Clinton sat for six years as a member of the Wal-Mart board of directors, between 1986 and 1992.

AND

First Lady Michelle Obama Announces Collaboration with Walmart in Support of Let’s Move! Campaign

First Lady Michelle Obama joined Walmart executives today to help launch the company’s Nutrition Charter, a groundbreaking new initiative that has the potential to have a transformative impact on the market place and help families across America put healthier, more affordable food on their tables. The initiative proposes a number of changes by Walmart to offer more nutritious food products, lower the cost of healthy foods, and provide consumers with better information about healthy food options.

First Lady Michelle Obama Announces Collaboration with Walmart in Support of Let?s Move! Campaign | The White House

AND

Wal-Mart Heir Donates To Obama PAC, Defying Rest Of Billionaire Family

Wal-Mart Heir Donates To Obama PAC, Defying Rest Of Billionaire Family - Forbes

What do you mean. When working for Wal-Mart any other company you start on the bottom, there is abilities to rise in the ranks , many people I know worked for them and the became vendors to them.

Forum List

Back