Walkaway Banned from Facebook As Apple Threatens Parler

But what views are they banning? Conservatives dominate liberals on social media, so they can’t be banning conservatives simply because they are conservative.

That's a baldfaced lie.

You cannot in good faith tell me that conservatives dominate anything on social media or media in general. If true, Twitter and Facebook would not have just banned Trump from using their platforms.

I am not a tutor or a handholder, you can easily look for examples of this behavior on Google.

If you think it is a lie, show me the data to prove otherwise.

Dominate as in they are by far the most numerous users.

Trump was banned for his behavior not his political viewpoint.

An article from Politico is not ample proof of conservative dominance over popular media. How about --instead of making demands of me-- you provide you own empirical evidence to prove your case. You made the initial assertion, it is your obligation to prove it.

She is not arguing in good faith so I would stop it there. Claiming conservatives have dominance when Trump was just banned by the Stalinists - that is the usual leftist inversion... like the claims that women are stronger than men. The usual leftist tactic of trying to move the focus of the discussion to "well maybe women are only as strong as men?", so that they can hopefully continue their batshit lying as some cucks are unable to point to them that they are 360 degrees from reality.

But we do not fall for it. Social media is OBVIOUSLY far left dominated. The whole IDEA of social media and controlling people by words is a far left idea. Right wingers are producers and believe in reality, not socially constructed bullshit designed to mooch of other people

Accepting your imagination as evidence isn't 'good faith'. Its silliness.

My argument is simple: Twitter can set its own TOS as it owns its platform.

What about that do you even disagree with?

Private businesses banning free speech for political purposes can be more dangerous than violating the first ammendment.

Your free speech isn't banned.

You can say whatever you'd like. Just not necessarily using someone else's private property.

..lk
they're banning anything they can't control.

as for insurection and crap on parler - do you really think they'd plan something like that on an open network? get the info, details, users and the like and let the law go after them. getting them out of the store isn't about security, it's about control.

Ya...they did..

Which begs the question...why were the Capital Police so underprepared?

If you feel there should be no censorship on private platforms, shouldn’t ISIS be allowed to operate there?
Which begs the question, why did the capital police move the barrier to let them in then open the doors for them

You miis those questions.

Yes. That is in my list of questions.

Here is another. Should ISIs be allowed free speech rights on these platforms?

..lk

as for insurection and crap on parler - do you really think they'd plan something like that on an open network? get the info, details, users and the like and let the law go after them. getting them out of the store isn't about security, it's about control.

Ya...they did..

If you feel there should be no censorship on private platforms, shouldn’t ISIS be allowed to operate there?
Which begs the question, why did the capital police move the barrier to let them in then open the doors for them

Want quotes of them on Twitter? I can find them.

Do we shut Twitter down now?

This is what you are advocating.

..lk

Ya...they did..

And shouldn't it be up to our government to declare laws were broken and a platform "evil"?

Since when did a "private business" have that power?

And where did Twitter claim that it had no restrictions on what could be posted there? Their TOS is very clear that there are restrictions.

In your campaign to prove me wrong, you apparently did not bother to read the governing rules set forth by Twitter:

The Twitter Rules

Twitter's purpose is to serve the public conversation. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behavior discourage people from expressing themselves, and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely.

Umh, no. I provided an article to support my statement. You disagree, then substantiate your claim. It isn’t my job to do that.

Okay, fine, let's go against the grain:

OK...but I am not quite seeing how it counters the article I posted (you may not like Politico, but it referenced an outside study) which showed conservative voices by far outnumbered liberals in social media.

..lk

Ya...they did..

They already are.

..lk

Ya...they did..

And shouldn't it be up to our government to declare laws were broken and a platform "evil"?

A private has the right to create rules (or TOS) for users of its platform and as a private entity it has the right to boot or censor those who break it.

Are you suggesting it doesn’t have that right and must allow every and anything until the Government steps in?

So ISIS should be allowed?

Umh, no. I provided an article to support my statement. You disagree, then substantiate your claim. It isn’t my job to do that.

OK...but I am not quite seeing how it counters the article I posted (you may not like Politico, but it referenced an outside study) which showed conservative voices by far outnumbered liberals in social media.

So, if conservative voices far outnumber liberals, why is it that the liberal viewpoint is the most commonly accepted view in our society? Hmm?

I am not seeing the correlation. If conservatism is the dominant viewpoint in America, the media and social platforms would indicate just that.

And where did Twitter claim that it had no restrictions on what could be posted there? Their TOS is very clear that there are restrictions.

In your campaign to prove me wrong, you apparently did not bother to read the governing rules set forth by Twitter:

The Twitter Rules

Twitter's purpose is to serve the public conversation. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behavior discourage people from expressing themselves, and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely.

And in the very paragraph you quoted......

"Twitter's purpose is to serve the public conversation. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behavior discourage people from expressing themselves, and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely."

They literally contradict your silly claim that they offer unrestricted speech. Laying out some of the restrictions in the very paragraph you quoted. And lay out 15 entire categories of posts that will get you banned with half a hundred specific types of speech that will get you banned.

1610162972197.png

So I ask again, where did Twitter ever say they had no restrictions on speech? As it clearly wasn't on the page you cited, which lists 15 entire categories with dozens of individual example of types of speech that will get you banned.

.... you've got strawman stuffing all over yourself.

..lk

Ya...they did..

They already are.

Twitter doesn’t “allow” them. It suspends them as soon as it can identify them.

The Twitter Rules

And what is Twitter doing? VIOLATING its own TOS by acting to "discourage people from expressing themselves".

The Twitter Rules

"Twitter's purpose is to serve the public conversation. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behavior discourage people from expressing themselves, and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely."

They literally contradict your silly claim that they offer unrestricted speech. Laying out some of the restrictions in the very paragraph you quoted. And lay out 15 entire categories of posts that will get you banned with half a hundred specific types of speech that will get you banned.

View attachment 439780

So I ask again, where did Twitter ever say they had no restrictions on speech? As it clearly wasn't on the page you cited, which lists 15 entire categories with dozens of individual example of types of speech that will get you banned.

Yes! YES! Cherrypick all you like. The paragraph makes contradictory statements, then, by saying they wish to allow people to freely express themselves, whilst dictating terms on what types of expression are and are not acceptable.

Please.

So, if conservative voices far outnumber liberals, why is it that the liberal viewpoint is the most commonly accepted view in our society? Hmm?

I am not seeing the correlation. If conservatism is the dominant viewpoint in America, the media and social platforms would indicate just that.
[/QUOTE]

I think you are creating a strawman fallacy here.

Conservative voices far out number liberal voices On SOCIAL MEDIA. Just as they do on talk radio. That says nothing about what viewpoints are the most commonly accepted throughout our society or what view points prevail in other media. It only says that conservatives like to use social media to communicate in greater numbers than liberals.

And you have cheerios strewn all over your hi-chair table, Skylar. If you have to end your points by making snide remarks like that, your points are thus invalid. It belies any confidence you have in your point. And I can clearly see that.

I think you are creating a strawman fallacy here.

Conservative voices far out number liberal voices On SOCIAL MEDIA. Just as they do on talk radio. That says nothing about what viewpoints are the most commonly accepted throughout our society or what viewpoints prevail in other media. It only says that conservatives like to use social media to communicate in greater numbers than liberals.
[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

My answer is:

And? There may be more voices but that does not indicate dominance of any kind. A small number of viewpoints can dominate a larger group of viewpoints solely because they hold all the power. A smaller faction can have more sway over other, larger factions. Federalist 10 demonstrate such behavior.

It is quite possible for the smaller, less expressed viewpoint to have more sway and influence over the one that is more commonly expressed.

(You may wish to edit your quote, the chain appears to be broken)

Last edited:

The Twitter Rules

View attachment 439780

Yes! YES! Cherrypick all you like. The paragraph makes contradictory statements, then, by saying they wish to allow people to freely express themselves, whilst dictating terms on what types of expression are and are not acceptable.

Please.

Dude.......almost the entire page is an enormous list of restrictions on speech on Twitter.

1610163692153.png

But I'm "cherry picking"? I don't think the phrase means what you think it means. I'm noting the restrictions you insist Twitter doesn't have.

So I ask for a third time......where did Twitter ever say that they have unrestricted speech on their platform?

As so far, that's just a strawman you propped up just to knock down.

..lk

Ya...they did..

A private has the right to create rules (or TOS) for users of its platform and as a private entity it has the right to boot or censor those who break it.

Are you suggesting it doesn’t have that right and must allow every and anything until the Government steps in?

So ISIS should be allowed?
Gab social media was just banned by Google now too.

Were they insurecting also?

ISIS is allowed. You keep ignoring that.

Forum List

Back