Wall Street, China, Taiwan, Russia, WW3, Nuclear bomb commercials, and cognitive dissonance...

Should Wall Street disinvest in China?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No they did not. No one forced a single job to go there.
From my link:
"One key to making those exports cheap is currency manipulation, which Scott identifies as the key reason for this trade deficit and subsequent job losses. When China keeps its currency artificially low, it makes for cheaper Chinese exports. China has repeatedly denied it manipulates its currency."

I never said they used force. They used enticements that were just too good to refuse.

From my link:
"One key to making those exports cheap is currency manipulation, which Scott identifies as the key reason for this trade deficit and subsequent job losses. When China keeps its currency artificially low, it makes for cheaper Chinese exports. China has repeatedly denied it manipulates its currency."

I never said they used force. They used enticements that were just too good to refuse.

We manipulate our currency on a daily basis. We lie about it also.

And you only want to condemn China for doing what we would freely do ourselves. Did we turn away the Japanese when they started manufacturing cars here in the US?
I'm not condemning China as much as Wall Street and the Feds.
I'm okay with China making sneakers and clothing, but they are "taking" intellectual property, as well as using espionage to get technical advancement.
The US colleges are full of Chinese as China threatens Taiwan, and Biden said the US would defend Taiwan.
This enmity will not end well.

I'm not condemning China as much as Wall Street and the Feds.

No, you were condemning China.

I'm okay with China making sneakers and clothing, but they are "taking" intellectual property, as well as using espionage to get technical advancement.
The US colleges are full of Chinese as China threatens Taiwan, and Biden said the US would defend Taiwan.
This enmity will not end well.

We gave them the intellectual property. It was a part of the deal. They are permitting to make deals are they not?

It went like this. China: We give you the cheap labor and we get information in return. Companies jumped over the prospect of short term gains.

Yes, China was playing the long game while all we cared about was the next profit statement.

No, you were condemning China.
We gave them the intellectual property. It was a part of the deal. They are permitting to make deals are they not?
It went like this. China: We give you the cheap labor and we get information in return. Companies jumped over the prospect of short term gains.
Yes, China was playing the long game while all we cared about was the next profit statement.
Is China a US ally or an adversary?
They stole intellectual property as well as negotiated for it
Very true, Wall Street wanted short term earnings, as China played the long game. If China ultimatly buys Wall Street game over.

Cuba and Venezuela are commie dictatorships in the Americas. We want regime change and will NOT support dictatorships.

How has that worked out? How many presidents did Castro out last?

Is China a US ally or an adversary?

IMO, really neither. They are China. They look after their best interest in the same way we do. You condemn them for that and want to make them the enemy.

They stole intellectual property as well as negotiated for it
Very true, Wall Street wanted short term earnings, as China played the long game. If China ultimatly buys Wall Street game over.

Wall Street has and will never learn. If there is a chance for certain people to highly profit they will quickly sell out to China.

How has that worked out? How many presidents did Castro out last?
The Cubans could have a more modern Miami if they tossed the commies. They'd rather raft to FL and take their chances with the sharks. Dumb.

So the USG and the wealthy American capitalists had nothing to do with it?
Sure, they made a short term business decision to take the easy money.
Eventually in the long run, they will see how bad it was.

The Cubans could have a more modern Miami if they tossed the commies. They'd rather raft to FL and take their chances with the sharks. Dumb.

That is what our sanctions did, they hurt the little people while doing nothing to those in power.

Are you aware of how the US became an economic world leader?
After WW2 the US became a manufacturing powerhouse, and stayed that until Wall Street moved manufacturing to China.
If the dollar stays strong we're fine, but when the $30T DEBT explodes and the dollar crashes, the fun and prosperity is over.

That is what our sanctions did, they hurt the little people while doing nothing to those in power.
Eventually people have enough and things change. If not, that's their choice how to live.
The AFGs had 300,000 men and modern weapons, to 70,000 Taliban and lost. Now they can starve.

They could have but didn't and nothing we did changed anything but to help keep them further into poverty.

They could have but didn't and nothing we did changed anything but to help keep them further into poverty.
I don't want my family members in the military fighting for Cuba when the people there are content the way things are.

I don't want my family members in the military fighting for Cuba when the people there are content the way things are.

Absolutely.......but that also held true with me concerning Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, etc.

Forum List

Back