Walmart refuses to fill scrip for miscarriage patient

Pharmacist should be fired. This wasn't Wal-Mart proper but an individual. If the individual has a problem, find an employer who shares it. Otherwise, fill the Rx.
No, the pharmacist should not be fired. God comes first.
So his god told him to not fill that prescription. If I were that patient I would ask to see that pharmacist's medical license....the one that allows them to make a determination as to whether a prescription is necessary or not.
The patient has no right to interfere with the pharmacists relationship with God.
in your opinion does a cashier have a right to refuse to ring up items for religious reasons?
items like condoms, pork, alcohol, beef, etc?

Something ain't right about the story as usual skewed by the bigots. The drug is intended to cause miscarriage not treat the aftereffects.

If the fetus died inside the woman, forcing her body to miscarry the dead fetus is a medically necessary procedure.
Gods plan should not be interfered with. It is morally wrong.
So if someone murders you we should just all say, oh, well. It was God's plan.

Pharmacist should be fired. This wasn't Wal-Mart proper but an individual. If the individual has a problem, find an employer who shares it. Otherwise, fill the Rx.
Why would God want a dead pre embryo or zygote to decompose and rot inside a women? The Doctor prescribed the medication to evacuate the dead remains. Are Christians now going to demand rights to force women to carry deat zygotes and fetus's inside of them until the practice causes the women to die from the complications?

Good question. Why would the pharmacist refuse to fill the prescription?

Conceivably, out of concern "the woman's already miscarried" becomes an excuse used to cause a miscarriage when one hadn't yet occured.

Do Pharmacists routinely call doctors liars?

I really don't see the big deal. She can take her business elsewhere if she wants. If Walmart feels the action of this pharmacist could hurt their business they can also take action.

well...I couldn't think of a valid reason why you would need this prescription,” said Cartrett.

Sounds like she couldn't think of a valid medical reason.
No mention of religious objections.

WTH do these people think they are to go against the patient's doctor's orders?

Doctors have been known to make mistakes when writing a prescription.
something the pharmacist should have cleared up with the doctor. not filling the prescription there simply means the patient would have to go elsewhere, it does not correct any suspected mistake.

Something ain't right about the story as usual skewed by the bigots. The drug is intended to cause miscarriage not treat the aftereffects.

If the fetus died inside the woman, forcing her body to miscarry the dead fetus is a medically necessary procedure.
In the OP's case, it all works out well....the gods' will.

Do Pharmacists routinely call doctors liars?

Generally, no, but I did work in a pharmacy for a little bit and we had a doctor in town who the pharmacists in my store wouldn't fill prescriptions from because it was known he was allowing people to abuse pain medication. He was eventually arrested and had his medical license pulled.

You're full of crap and don't know what you are talking about. Misoprostol is used in combination with Mifepristone. The Mifepristone cause the abortion, the Misoprostol reduces the trauma effects. Sounds like neither you are the pharmacists knows what the Doctor knows. The pharmacist was actually putting the women in danger by making a decision she was unqualified to make.

well...I couldn't think of a valid reason why you would need this prescription,” said Cartrett.

Sounds like she couldn't think of a valid medical reason.
No mention of religious objections.

WTH do these people think they are to go against the patient's doctor's orders?

Doctors have been known to make mistakes when writing a prescription.
something the pharmacist should have cleared up with the doctor. not filling the prescription there simply means the patient would have to go elsewhere, it does not correct any suspected mistake.

If it was during office hours, the pharmacist should have called the doctor for clarification.

So his god told him to not fill that prescription. If I were that patient I would ask to see that pharmacist's medical license....the one that allows them to make a determination as to whether a prescription is necessary or not.
The patient has no right to interfere with the pharmacists relationship with God.
in your opinion does a cashier have a right to refuse to ring up items for religious reasons?
items like condoms, pork, alcohol, beef, etc?
Yes.

We all have a destiny decided by God.

I really don't see the big deal. She can take her business elsewhere if she wants. If Walmart feels the action of this pharmacist could hurt their business they can also take action.

Walmart should provide another pharmacist if one refuses service

My views are that if your personal views get in the way of serving the public, you need to find a new line of work

Here's one issue to chew on...Wal Mart has pushed out many of the small businesses, i.e. pharmacies, that she could have gone to....now what, eh?

You have a god that endorses your use of images depicting humans as monkeys. Your God has got to be as big an asshole as you.

Why does it have to be freedom for her but not for the pharmacist?

Why can't it be freedom for both?
She was still able to get her prescription just not with this one.
I could see forcing them if she couldn't get it anywhere else but that is not the case.

You have a god that endorses your use of images depicting humans as monkeys. Your God has got to be as big an asshole as you.
You're mistaken. Blacks aren't fully human.

Here's one issue to chew on...Wal Mart has pushed out many of the small businesses, i.e. pharmacies, that she could have gone to....now what, eh?

Store Details Store Locator Walgreens
Doesn't help people that live out in the sticks and small towns and their only option without driving for miles is Walmart.

Store Details Store Locator Walgreens
Doesn't help people that live out in the sticks and small towns and their only option without driving for miles is Walmart.

The Walgreens is in the same town.

Forum List

Back