Walmart refuses to fill scrip for miscarriage patient

:lol: You've obviously never driven through the middle of Florida.

Actually, I have, several times. It's one big redneck filled trailer park.

Why SHOULD someone have to go out of their way to get something that was legally prescribed to them, is a legal substance, and is carried by the pharmacy? The only reason I can think of is that the pharmacist thinks the drug will harm the patient and this doesn't seem to be so in this case.

There is no indication that the pharmacist in this story refused filling the prescription due to a moral objection. The article doesn't give a reason why. You're all assuming that's the case.
I'm not assuming that at all. I'm assuming that the pharmacist thought the women didn't need the drug and therefore refused to fill the prescription. That is not the pharmacist's business UNLESS the woman was endangered by the drug. And there is no evidence of that. So why oh why was this woman forced to go elsewhere to fill a legal prescription that was available at this particular pharmacy?

If Walmart has a Pharmacist who will not fill your prescription they should call in another Paharmacist to fill it and deliver it to your door

I agree. If walmart is going to hire pharmacists who can refuse to fill a prescription they should also have a pharmacist on staff who will.

So they would have to have 2 pharmacists working at all times to make sure that people get the medication they need to save their life.

I happen to believe no one should have any right to deny life saving medication to anyone and force them to die needlessly.

Pharmacists have always had the ability to refuse to fill a prescription. They may not have that ability for religious reasons, but a pharmacist can always go against the doctor's orders. In fact, they are as responsible as the doctor if the prescription is inappropriate for the problem.
If the pharmacist knows that the doctor has not prescribed the right kind of medicine, I pray that they never hesitate to say so.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Any doctor who sends a patient off in the wrong direction, to me, should be fired and arrested for it.

Liberals want it to be OK to fuck with people's religious beliefs.

Surprised?

No, really?

Y'know, they do have grounds, what with this being "post-Constitutional" America......

Liberals want it to be OK to fuck with people's religious beliefs.

Surprised?

No, really?

Y'know, they do have grounds, what with this being "post-Constitutional" America......

If you have religious convictions

You should be willing to be fired for them

What if said persons insurance only lists Wal-Mart as a preferred provider in her area?

What if she had to pay more for the prescription somewhere else?

IF the pharmacist felt it was the wrong medication for the woman, then she should have talked to the doctor who prescribed it. That failing, talked to the customer specifically about their concern, given her the medication, then advised her to discuss the "concerning issues" with her doctor before the customer took it.

That said, the pharmacist actually should have a legal recourse for not serving said customer. Bartenders can decline to serve a patron because they feel they are too drunk or too aggressive or w/e, even if the owner/manager disagree with that bartenders assessment. I actually had a long conversation/debate with an owner who wanted me to serve a drunken buddy of his back in the ... mid 90's I suppose. I refused to serve them because of my TAM obligations, so he had to get up from his seat, go around the bar, and do it himself heh Luckily we got along well so it turned into a running joke and tons of chuckles over the year I filled in for his regular bartender, but he respected that I had the backbone to stand up to him and protect his best interests, actually had me come back in and run the place while he was on vacation. The drunk regulars kind of hated me cause I'd cut them off and convince them to give me their keys, but they always fell for the "I just wanna protect you so you can come back tomorrow" line :p

Something ain't right about the story as usual skewed by the bigots. The drug is intended to cause miscarriage not treat the aftereffects.
You're full of crap and don't know what you are talking about. Misoprostol is used in combination with Mifepristone. The Mifepristone cause the abortion, the Misoprostol reduces the trauma effects. Sounds like neither you are the pharmacists knows what the Doctor knows. The pharmacist was actually putting the women in danger by making a decision she was unqualified to make.

While this is true, I just read that Misoprostol will work 90% of the time alone.

:lol: You've obviously never driven through the middle of Florida.

Actually, I have, several times. It's one big redneck filled trailer park.

Why SHOULD someone have to go out of their way to get something that was legally prescribed to them, is a legal substance, and is carried by the pharmacy? The only reason I can think of is that the pharmacist thinks the drug will harm the patient and this doesn't seem to be so in this case.

There is no indication that the pharmacist in this story refused filling the prescription due to a moral objection. The article doesn't give a reason why. You're all assuming that's the case.
I'm not assuming that at all.

Maybe you didn't, but the article certainly inferred it.

I agree with the pharmacist who did the right thing. My personal relationship with God comes first and should not be interfered with in the work place

Your personal beliefs do not supersede my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That person should be fired and stripped of their license. Sickening.

I agree with the pharmacist who did the right thing. My personal relationship with God comes first and should not be interfered with in the work place

Your personal beliefs do not supersede my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That person should be fired and stripped of their license. Sickening.
It is God's will that supercedes your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Holy smokes. so your RIGHTS should be over his? and because he doesn't want to sell a PRODUCT he should be fired? BECAUSE I suppose it would be out of YOUR WAY to go to another Walmart or store who does sell it.

just wow. you people are getting damn scary in how you want TO FORCE people to bend for you

Forum List

Back