Walmart refuses to fill scrip for miscarriage patient

If the fetus died inside the woman, forcing her body to miscarry the dead fetus is a medically necessary procedure.
Gods plan should not be interfered with. It is morally wrong.
So if someone murders you we should just all say, oh, well. It was God's plan.
We all have a destiny decided by God.
You have a god that endorses your use of images depicting humans as monkeys. Your God has got to be as big an asshole as you.
You're mistaken. Blacks aren't fully human.

Really? Got any evidence that blacks are not fully human? Doctors say they are fully human. Biologists say they are fully human. If you want to trot out that 3/5 lie again you will be perpetuating the idea that racists are ignorant, because even that did not apply to all blacks, only slaves and only for the purpose of counting for representation.

I really don't see the big deal. She can take her business elsewhere if she wants. If Walmart feels the action of this pharmacist could hurt their business they can also take action.
Here's one issue to chew on...Wal Mart has pushed out many of the small businesses, i.e. pharmacies, that she could have gone to....now what, eh?

Hardly. There are pharmacies all over the place: Target, CVS, Walgreen's, Rite-Aid, Brooks, Wall Drug, etc. and that's not even counting the smaller ones that are around. There are around a dozen different places within a few minutes of my house that fill prescriptions.

I really don't see the big deal. She can take her business elsewhere if she wants. If Walmart feels the action of this pharmacist could hurt their business they can also take action.
Here's one issue to chew on...Wal Mart has pushed out many of the small businesses, i.e. pharmacies, that she could have gone to....now what, eh?

Store Details Store Locator Walgreens
Doesn't help people that live out in the sticks and small towns and their only option without driving for miles is Walmart.

It says right in the article she got it filled somewhere else.

Doesn't help people that live out in the sticks and small towns and their only option without driving for miles is Walmart.

I realize that. I was talking theoretically about how it could affect others when pharmacists refuse to fill prescriptions.

This applies just like the cake issue....except it looks like GA doesn't have the same PA laws. No legal recourse....except in the court of public opinion.

This applies just like the cake issue....except it looks like GA doesn't have the same PA laws. No legal recourse....except in the court of public opinion.

It's apples and oranges compared to the cake issue. That aside, I'm not sure why it is today so many people think they have a right to someone else's services.

Why does it have to be freedom for her but not for the pharmacist?

Why can't it be freedom for both?
She was still able to get her prescription just not with this one.
I could see forcing them if she couldn't get it anywhere else but that is not the case.

oh hell no. not to a liberal. they need to BE forced to do as they think and demand

I realize that. I was talking theoretically about how it could affect others when pharmacists refuse to fill prescriptions.

The odds of somebody out in the sticks having this exact same issue with no other alternative is so slim and none it's not worth discussing. We may as well just ponder the scenario of what she'd have done if a meteor struck the store.

The Pharmacist works for Walmart

If Walmart has a policy to not carry this drug, they should say so
An individual employee should not be making decisions for the corporation

The odds of somebody out in the sticks having this exact same issue with no other alternative is so slim and none it's not worth discussing. We may as well just ponder the scenario of what she'd have done if a meteor struck the store.
:lol: You've obviously never driven through the middle of Florida.

Why SHOULD someone have to go out of their way to get something that was legally prescribed to them, is a legal substance, and is carried by the pharmacy? The only reason I can think of is that the pharmacist thinks the drug will harm the patient and this doesn't seem to be so in this case.

Actually, I have, several times. It's one big redneck filled trailer park.

Why SHOULD someone have to go out of their way to get something that was legally prescribed to them, is a legal substance, and is carried by the pharmacy? The only reason I can think of is that the pharmacist thinks the drug will harm the patient and this doesn't seem to be so in this case.

There is no indication that the pharmacist in this story refused filling the prescription due to a moral objection. The article doesn't give a reason why. You're all assuming that's the case.

How about, then that Pharmacist would know that and take it into account? It's a very small amount that it would ever happen in the first place.
The VA has more people that have to drive long distances, than a pharmacy.
I live outside of a very small town of around 5,000 people and we have 3 places to get out prescriptions.
Capitalism and free markets work, big government doesn't and this is a perfect example of how and why.
VA drive long distances, pharmacies more options, shorter distance to drive.

There is no indication that the pharmacist in this story refused filling the prescription due to a moral objection. The article doesn't give a reason why. You're all assuming that's the case.
I'm not assuming that at all. I'm assuming that the pharmacist thought the women didn't need the drug and therefore refused to fill the prescription. That is not the pharmacist's business UNLESS the woman was endangered by the drug. And there is no evidence of that. So why oh why was this woman forced to go elsewhere to fill a legal prescription that was available at this particular pharmacy?

I'm not assuming that at all. I'm assuming that the pharmacist thought the women didn't need the drug and therefore refused to fill the prescription. That is not the pharmacist's business UNLESS the woman was endangered by the drug. And there is no evidence of that. So why oh why was this woman forced to go elsewhere to fill a legal prescription that was available at this particular pharmacy?

If Walmart has a Pharmacist who will not fill your prescription they should call in another Paharmacist to fill it and deliver it to your door

Pharmacist should be fired. This wasn't Wal-Mart proper but an individual. If the individual has a problem, find an employer who shares it. Otherwise, fill the Rx.
No, the pharmacist should not be fired. God comes first.

If we put God first, humanity would go extinct. God doesn't benefit by putting Him first if he has no worshippers left because everybody died or was killed off. Worshippers have always come first. Why every religious commandment may be set aside when the life of the worshipper is put in risk by following it.

These people have no idea what a miscarriage is nor do they know what happens to a woman's body.

They obviously don't know that if any tissue from that miscarriage is left in the uterus the woman will bleed to death. It's a slow and very painful death.

Before these drugs, women who had a miscarriage had to have a DNC to make sure all the tissue from the miscarriage is out of the uterus wall.

Women today are lucky, they don't usually have to go through the DNC like I had to endure. One of the hardest things I had to endure was the horrible emotional pain of losing a very planned and wanted pregnancy but I had to have surgery and get my guts sucked out so I wouldn't die. It was horrible and no woman should have to endure that.

These people would rather women died a slow and painful death. They believe that women deserve to die because her pregnancy went wrong.

If Walmart has a Pharmacist who will not fill your prescription they should call in another Paharmacist to fill it and deliver it to your door

Would imagine if you went through any given pharmacy's inventory, there's be quite a few things religious people would hav e aproblem with. But this one only objected to something they felt induced abortions? Odd, considering Christianity and Judaism aren't against abortion.

"Abortion:

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?"
God s Not Pro-Life

Something ain't right about the story as usual skewed by the bigots. The drug is intended to cause miscarriage not treat the aftereffects.

Wow another one who doesn't know what they're talking about.

A miscarriage always leaves tissue behind in the uterus wall. That left over tissue causes the woman to bleed to death.

The drug she took was meant to get all the dead tissue out from her uterus wall so she wouldn't die.

The after effects is that tissue left in the uterus wall and it must be removed quickly. Before those drugs were available women had to endure getting their guts sucked out so they wouldn't die.

Now it's being done with medicine.

Hardly. There are pharmacies all over the place: Target, CVS, Walgreen's, Rite-Aid, Brooks, Wall Drug, etc. and that's not even counting the smaller ones that are around. There are around a dozen different places within a few minutes of my house that fill prescriptions.

There may be in big towns and cities.

It's not the case in small towns.

I have a house on the south side of a very large mountain in a very small town. So small that there's isn't even one pharmacy there. A person has to drive 40 miles one way to the nearest pharmacy. And there's only one pharmacy in that town.

If someone at that pharmacy denies a person a life saving prescription that person dies because there isn't enough time to travel another 50 miles to the nearest larger town that has more than one pharmacy.

Forum List

Back