Walmart says tax bill allowed raise hikes

My oldest son came over this afternoon and we watched NFL playoffs. He got a $1000 bonus from financial firm where he works.

One wonders if your son knows that he will have to pay that money back with INTEREST, when the tax cuts expire and the $1.4 Trillion borrowed by the treasury to finance this tax scam will have to be repaid.

Exactly, unlike the 10 trillion DumBama spent that doesn't have to be repaid.

But you support these people and what they do. They sneaky shit they get up to that makes you think you're getting something, but instead they're raping your ass.

I'm getting a hell of a lot more now that I did under DumBama.

I'll get more from my paycheck.
I'll likely get more work.
I'll get my income tax refund check.

What did I get with Hussein and his spending?

Like Walmart couldn’t afford that before with all of their profits. Conservatives are such suckers :lol:

If you knew anything about business you'd realize that profit is less a factor than growth

Thanks for conceding that net profit increasing tax-cuts for corporations has little to do with employment improvement.

Corporations hire who they need to hire and pay them as little as they can pay them - profits are not a factor in these equations.

Walmart employees could have gotten a serious raise if this blowjob to corporations bill also came with a side of $15 min wage.

Last edited:
My oldest son came over this afternoon and we watched NFL playoffs. He got a $1000 bonus from financial firm where he works.

One wonders if your son knows that he will have to pay that money back with INTEREST, when the tax cuts expire and the $1.4 Trillion borrowed by the treasury to finance this tax scam will have to be repaid.

But you support these people and what they do. They sneaky shit they get up to that makes you think you're getting something, but instead they're raping your ass.

You got a growing economy instead of one which was shedding 500,000 a month. Your stock market recorded the biggest gain under a single President in history. 15,000,000 million American citizens got health insurance coverage.

You like to brag on your investments and savings Ray. The stock market gains alone should have made you a happy man.

Only if you are a fucking idiot & do not know why the personal tax cuts were enacted.

If you cut taxes to spur the economy, you give it to those most likely to spend it.

For example, if we were to temporarily cut taxes in half for the bottom two brackets, everyone would get a tax cut. Those that make under 100K wold likely spend that tax cut.

For the wealthy, they too would get that cut on their first $72K & we would not be sending tens of millions to people who would not spend all of it, AKA a waste of money with little stimulus action.

F

All that translates to, instead of buying meth they by crack, instead of natural lights they buy bud lights, instead of generic cigarettes they buy Marlboro.
Or buy groceries or pay their rent.

With other people's money...
Says who?

Cut their taxes in half that means they are getting more then they pay in...then they already get from the feds now.
You have zero logic.

So, moron, do you APPLAUD tax breaks for the Waltons??....
I though you idiots wanted the tax breaks to "stimulate" the economy for ALL workers and not to subsidize the Waltons billions??..........LOL

The tax cuts are for everybody. The last available tax recording for Walmart was 20114, and they paid 6.2 billion dollars in taxes for that year alone. Certainly it makes sense that if we are going to lower taxes, the people that pay the most should get the most out of a tax cut.
Only if you are a fucking idiot & do not know why the personal tax cuts were enacted.

If you cut taxes to spur the economy, you give it to those most likely to spend it.

For example, if we were to temporarily cut taxes in half for the bottom two brackets, everyone would get a tax cut. Those that make under 100K wold likely spend that tax cut.

For the wealthy, they too would get that cut on their first $72K & we would not be sending tens of millions to people who would not spend all of it, AKA a waste of money with little stimulus action.

F

All that translates to, instead of buying meth they by crack, instead of natural lights they buy bud lights, instead of generic cigarettes they buy Marlboro.

I get it. Giving tax cuts to wealthy people & upper middle class people means they get to keep some of their own money.. Tax cuts to those making under $72K is using someone else's money.

You people care just too fucking stupid to be alive.

It is rather amazing how easily right wing Americans are so easily fooled.

Walmart is "praising" Trump for giving its workers a raise (while shutting down over 60 stores...Sam's Club)

Here's a dose of reality and YOU tell us if Walmart needed a "tax cut":

How much does Walmart make a year in profits? With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion,

and YET,

Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

Here's a link:
Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance
That is not Walmart's fault. The government has and does establish who collects those monies, not Walmart. How dumb are you people?

That is not Walmart’s fault? So having Walmart HR staff assist employees with public assistance applications isn’t Walmart’s fault. And keeping employee hours low so they continue to qualify for Medicaid and food stamps isn’t Walmart’s fault either.

Nor is it Walmart’s fault that the minimum wage is so low that those paid this little can’t live on their earnings.

Republicans. It’s never the fault of those who benefit most from these programs. The executives and shareholders of Walmart who don’t work at all. Who let the government subsidize their wages to the benefit of those who don’t work.

It's not Walmart's responsibility to keep anybody off of welfare. Where did you leftists get this belief that businesses open up as a social obligation?

I though you idiots wanted the tax breaks to "stimulate" the economy for ALL workers and not to subsidize the Waltons billions??..........LOL

The tax cuts are for everybody. The last available tax recording for Walmart was 20114, and they paid 6.2 billion dollars in taxes for that year alone. Certainly it makes sense that if we are going to lower taxes, the people that pay the most should get the most out of a tax cut.

F

I get it,. People making under $70K a year are all drug addicts. They donlt hsave families styruggling to pay rent or theor mortgage, cloth & feed their children.

But hey, buying cigarettes & funding their local pusher is adding to the economy.

Wealthy people buying stock does little.

Ah, the simplistic view of things.

No future, no past, just the now. Nothing else matters. Forget that the economy will crash big time at some point in the future. Yeah, who cares?

Bush put tax cuts in place during his time in office. In 2001 and 2004 he put tax cuts in place. There was a recession, then the recession abated. The unemployment rate dropped in time for reelection. Bush looked good. He got reelected. Then what happened? The economy went to the worst recession the US has seen since WW2.

Some people made a lot of money out of that recession. Money doesn't disappear. It goes somewhere.

Warren Buffet made a lot of money.

Buffet bought lots of Goldman Sachs.

Goldman Sachs made a lot of money by short selling subprime mortgage backed securities. A lot of people lost a lot of money because of this. Americans lost 1/4 of their net worth. Retirement assets dropped 22%. Unemployment doubled.

7 million Americans lost their homes during the recession. Are they ready to buy again? — bobsullivan.net

"
7 million Americans lost their homes during the recession. Are they ready to buy again?"

7 million people lost their homes.

The recession was a tragedy for millions of Americans and it made some Americans extremely rich. People who couldn't afford to lose, lost. People who could afford to lose lots, gained.

This WILL happen again Ray. You don't see it. You see a little extra cash just like you might have seen a little extra cash in 2005. But to pretend that it'll all be fine and dandy, that you'll still be rich at the end of it is ludicrous.

It's like being given a candy now that then gives you cancer later and being real fucking happy you got candy.

F

Not paying a tax isn't keeping someone else's money. It's keeping your own money.

Taxation
The process whereby charges are imposed on individuals or property by the legislative branch of the federal government and by many state governments to raise funds for public purposes.

The theory that underlies taxation is that charges are imposed to support the government in exchange for the general advantages and protection afforded by the government to the taxpayer and his or her property. The existence of government is a necessity that cannot continue without financial means to pay its expenses; therefore, the government has the right to compel all citizens and property within its limits to share its costs. The state and federal governments both have the power to impose taxes upon their citizens.

Federal Tax

F

I get it. Giving tax cuts to wealthy people & upper middle class people means they get to keep some of their own money.. Tax cuts to those making under $72K is using someone else's money.

You people care just too fucking stupid to be alive.

You are the stupid one. The goal of tax reform is you get a lower rate in return for giving up your tax breaks. The rich have plenty of tax shelters left. You have the carried interest deduction, a pass-through provision that favors the idle rich and a real estate trust provision that came out of nowhere and benefitted Paul Ryan who Donald Trump who signed it and Bob Corker who changed his no to a yes. There should be a criminal investigation of this.

You got a growing economy instead of one which was shedding 500,000 a month. Your stock market recorded the biggest gain under a single President in history. 15,000,000 million American citizens got health insurance coverage.

The one "handicap" that Obama will NEVER be able to overcome with some (not all) right wingers, is the fact that he was too dark skinned to be sitting in the oval office.................THAT little factor in some right wingers' mind will never be forgiven by them..

F

Not paying a tax isn't keeping someone else's money. It's keeping your own money.

Taxation
The process whereby charges are imposed on individuals or property by the legislative branch of the federal government and by many state governments to raise funds for public purposes.

The theory that underlies taxation is that charges are imposed to support the government in exchange for the general advantages and protection afforded by the government to the taxpayer and his or her property. The existence of government is a necessity that cannot continue without financial means to pay its expenses; therefore, the government has the right to compel all citizens and property within its limits to share its costs. The state and federal governments both have the power to impose taxes upon their citizens.

Federal Tax

Taxation: What whiny fuck Trumpettes bitch about 24/7 because they don't want to support their own country.

Borrow money to give to wealthy people is just about as fucking stupid as you can get.

Borrow money to give to wealthy people is just about as fucking stupid as you can get

.....and even worse.......borrowing more money (adding to our debt when not needed)......and placing that debt SOLELY on the shoulders of the middle class while exempting the wealthy class from any responsibilities of repaying that added debt.

As the Trupette dance naked around the fire praising their Orange God, they are too ignorant to note that the extra $18 a week that the tax cut gives the typical Middle Class person will be eaten up by the increase in Health Insurance premiums from Trump ending certain payments to insurance companies. People buying as individuals could see a 20% increase next year.

The one "handicap" that Obama will NEVER be able to overcome with some (not all) right wingers, is the fact that he was too dark skinned to be sitting in the oval office.................THAT little factor in some right wingers' mind will never be forgiven by them..

As I said, disagreeing with your Messiah Hussein makes someone racist.

The real reason was because they were closing so many stores that to not increase wages would have been seen as un American. They do not want to loose more business.

Oh my goodness. Seriously? One just wonders how long liberals will ignore reality, how well the economy has to do before liberals will finally face facts.

Any of you ever run a business with employees? You get what you pay for.

P.S. Walmart is closing Sam's Club stores because Costco is kicking their butts.

......AND, you want to know why COSTCO is kicking Sam Club's butt??????

The average wage at Costco is $17 an hour. Wal-Mart does not break out the pay of its Sam's Club workers, but a full-time worker at Wal-Mart makes $10.11 an hour on average, and a variety of sources suggest that Sam's Club's pay scale is similar to Wal-Mart's.

I'm not a member of either but I have read over the years that Costco is one of the highest worker-satisfaction employers in business. And it's confirmed by people I know working there. Trader Joe's is another. Happy employees are productive employees.

True but how many Costco by you pogo I never seen one, I googled it once the closet one is 40 miles away..I have 3 Walmarts in a 10 mile radius

I don't know where they are here in NC. As I said I'm not a member of either. I know them better from New Orleans where I know people who work there.

I suspect there's prolly one in Asheville. But above you're comparing Costcos and Wal-Marts; they're not the same thing. The comparison would be Sam's Clubs. Mal-Wart is walk-in retail, Sam's and Costco are membership wholesalers. They're going to be bigger stores and fewer of them than a retail store.

Last edited:
Shh, raising of the minimum wage had NOTHING to do with this, nope. Just a coincidence.

No idea, but to continue the comparison --- know who raising the minimum wage would not affect? Businesses like Costco. And Trader Joes. Because they already pay and treat their people well and don't squeeze pennies to make them work on fumes. As a result people like to work there and as a result of that their businesses do well.

As the Trupette dance naked around the fire praising their Orange God, they are too ignorant to note that the extra $18 a week that the tax cut gives the typical Middle Class person will be eaten up by the increase in Health Insurance premiums from Trump ending certain payments to insurance companies. People buying as individuals could see a 20% increase next year.

Not the ones who drop Obama care

:funnyface:

Forum List

Back