Want some Green Cash?

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Admittedly, I doubt this is a widespread fraud, but its ingenious way to skim solar subsidies..

Seems like in Cali, the major grid operators are refusing to enroll homeowners with solar installations containing battery storage into the grid tied programs ----- unless they add a 2nd meter to verify that they are really selling solar energy and NOT just selling back the energy companys own juice.. Pretty crafty eh?

Californian utilities hit out against battery stored solar power: pv-magazine

ENRON would be jealous that they didnt invent this..:lol:

Actually this is quite a big issue. Consider someone with an EV, or a couple of EV's. That is a major storage system, and I see a time when the EV's will be equipped to power the owner's home in event of a power outage. So, how does the utility handle that? If the EV can act as storage, it can do what the utilities are claiming the backup systems are presently doing.

New technology always brings with it new issues. Going to be interesting to see this one hashed out.

Actually this is quite a big issue. Consider someone with an EV, or a couple of EV's. That is a major storage system, and I see a time when the EV's will be equipped to power the owner's home in event of a power outage. So, how does the utility handle that? If the EV can act as storage, it can do what the utilities are claiming the backup systems are presently doing.

New technology always brings with it new issues. Going to be interesting to see this one hashed out.

Easy.. If you want to use your car (or a shipping container of batteries) as a storage battery --- then you shouldn't be paid a premium for power generation --- as THO it was solar. That's fraud.

End the premium payments --- and end the loophole...

Forum List

Back