Want universal background checks? A question....

If you support imposing universal background checks on all gun sales, whether through a dealer or not, I have a question for you.
Say I meet up with Turtledude; he and I buy a gun off each other, get a beer, and go home.
How does the government prove that background checks were not run before we sold the guns?
By showing that one or both of you could not have passed a properly run background check.
How does that prove anything?
He's assuming it can be proven that guns changed hands.
to convict you'd have to prove it happened after the silly law had been passed.
Correct -because for the law to be broken the sale has to come after the law went into effect..

What a great thread. Discussing how to break a law that doesn't exist. Cool shit.
trying to demonstrate to some low wattage dullards why their wet dream is nothing more than mental masturbation

What wet dream? Background checks?

yeah, its the current pet project of the anti gun scum

its one of those stupid laws that appeals to low wattage sheeple

on the surface it sounds good to the average bot who really doesn't think things through

Will they find out what I did on Pluto?
would you like me to show what I did on uranus?

Felonies that is..I doubt they let me have a projectile weapon propelled by gunpowder...
You can get guns any day without a background check...But Universal? Just the Earth will do...for now anyways..

Last edited:
If you support imposing universal background checks on all gun sales, whether through a dealer or not, I have a question for you.
Say I meet up with Turtledude; he and I buy a gun off each other, get a beer, and go home.
How does the government prove that background checks were not run before we sold the guns?
By showing that one or both of you could not have passed a properly run background check.

Well, assuming that one of you was not eligible to buy a gun, it proves, or at least makes the case, that either a background check was not run, or that the background check was ignored.

All this will be moot within two years. Obama's surveillance society will allow no privacy to anyone for any reason. We'll all be open books to government and to anyone able to hack into the database.

It's gonna be one helluva sleigh ride.

Well, assuming that one of you was not eligible to buy a gun, it proves, or at least makes the case, that either a background check was not run, or that the background check was ignored.

you really don't know how this works do you?

All this will be moot within two years. Obama's surveillance society will allow no privacy to anyone for any reason. We'll all be open books to government and to anyone able to hack into the database.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't gonna get you
(or something like that!)

Yes I do. So fuck off.

Yes I do. So fuck off.

no you don't. you have no fucking clue. you demonstrate to me you have absolutely zero knowledge of this subject or the 5th amendment issues surrounding this matter

you appear to be just another brain dead barking loon liberal who doesn't want facts to get in the way of your anti gun PMS

The most notorious school shooting in US history only happened a couple of years ago at Va. Tech. Blacksburg. Thanks to the idiocy of the radical left which cared more for the privacy of mental patients than the welfare of citizens the Va. instant record check did not reveal court ordered psychiatric counseling in a case that should have been a felony. The monster who gunned down 30 people was feared by the whole school and he was arrested for stalking female students. Thanks to leftie craziness and Police and campus negligence the nut case was able to "legally" obtain an arsenal. The strange thing about the left is that they are against the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms but at the same time they think they can get votes by allowing felons and crazy people to possess firearms.

Felonies that is..I doubt they let me have a projectile weapon propelled by gunpowder...

The most notorious school shooting in US history only happened a couple of years ago at Va. Tech. Blacksburg. Thanks to the idiocy of the radical left which cared more for the privacy of mental patients than the welfare of citizens the Va. instant record check did not reveal court ordered psychiatric counseling in a case that should have been a felony. The monster who gunned down 30 people was feared by the whole school and he was arrested for stalking female students. Thanks to leftie craziness and Police and campus negligence the nut case was able to "legally" obtain an arsenal. The strange thing about the left is that they are against the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms but at the same time they think they can get votes by allowing felons and crazy people to possess firearms.
massacre.jpg

I know most are well intentioned with there call for universal background checks and other types of calls for gun control but the reality is bad people will find a way to get guns and do bad things with them. If they can't do it by legal means they will do it through illegal one's I'm not saying don't do anything but you have to be realistic about how much you can control.

massacre.jpg

A better question is what will happen if the state discovers you're in violation of the law.

In Colorado, for example:

"A violation of the new background check law is a class 1 misdemeanor, which is punishable by six to 18 months imprisonment, a $500 to $5,000 fine, or both (Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-501). Additionally, a person violating the law is prohibited from possessing a firearm for two years. The state court administrator must report any conviction related to such violation to the Bureau and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (see below)."

SUMMARY OF COLORADO S NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS

Your at liberty to violate the law, of course, and it's quite likely the illegal transfer will never be discovered by the state.

But it can be argued that if one is a responsible gun owner, part of being responsible is obeying the gun laws in his jurisdiction, regardless the contempt he might hold for such laws.

And that laws are poorly conceived, impossible to enforce, or fail to realize the desire effect, is not justification to ignore or violate such laws.

massacre.jpg
The point is and has been the private citizen's obtaining weapons to commit mass murder. If you want to include the federal government abuse of private citizens you open a can 'o worms and maybe that's your intent.

massacre.jpg
The point is and has been the private citizen's obtaining weapons to commit mass murder. If you want to include the federal government abuse of private citizens you open a can 'o worms and maybe that's your intent.

Que?

I was just correcting the last post that inaccurately made a statement that was not fact...

A better question is what will happen if the state discovers you're in violation of the law.

In Colorado, for example:

"A violation of the new background check law is a class 1 misdemeanor, which is punishable by six to 18 months imprisonment, a $500 to $5,000 fine, or both (Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-501). Additionally, a person violating the law is prohibited from possessing a firearm for two years. The state court administrator must report any conviction related to such violation to the Bureau and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (see below)."

SUMMARY OF COLORADO S NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS

Your at liberty to violate the law, of course, and it's quite likely the illegal transfer will never be discovered by the state.

But it can be argued that if one is a responsible gun owner, part of being responsible is obeying the gun laws in his jurisdiction, regardless the contempt he might hold for such laws.

And that laws are poorly conceived, impossible to enforce, or fail to realize the desire effect, is not justification to ignore or violate such laws.

at what point should gun owners say enough is enough?

Forum List

Back