Warming of oceans due to climate change is unstoppable, say US scientists

Thursday 16 July 2015 18.23 BST

Seas will continue to warm for centuries even if manmade greenhouse gas emissions were frozen at today’s levels, say US government scientists

http://www.theguardi...y-us-scientists

Well, matter what we do this isn't going to be stopped.

Trust me s0n........maybe 174 people are going to worry about this.

Well........Im going up to the NASCAR Sprint Cut race today up here in beautiful sunny New Hampshire to celebrate!!!

RACE DAY and all that burning of race gas..............love the smell. Sprint Cup cars get 2 miles/gallon!!!

I'll be thinking of you when they drop the green flag s0n!!!:fu::fu::fu:

Seas will continue to warm for centuries even if manmade greenhouse gas emissions were frozen at today’s levels, say US government scientists

It seems like we don't have to waste any money on it then

'Thanks.

'Thanks.

We will have to spend money on understand sea level change to build higher levies and sea walls. Oh'yess, you don't care if this country collapses.

Goddamn you're a shortsighted fool.

'Thanks.

We will have to spend money on understand sea level change to build higher levies and sea walls. Oh'yess, you don't care if this country collapses.

Goddamn you're a shortsighted fool.

The country won't collapse if the temps are a little warmer.

A little warmer will only cost us hundreds of billions. A lot warmer will cost us a great deal more. And with opinions like yours, the "lots warmer" is virtually guaranteed.

A little warmer will only cost us hundreds of billions. A lot warmer will cost us a great deal more. And with opinions like yours, the "lots warmer" is virtually guaranteed.
money on what? Sun tan lotion

So what are you CO2 reduction targets?

How much will the oceans cool for each 10PPM reduction in CO2?

No answer?

Why is that?

We're funding it and we're not getting the numbers. Seems to me the money must be going into public outreach because it sure as fuck doesn't go into a lab.

I'd zero out all this climate "research"

Really? Who'd a thunk it?

Of course he wants to defund it, but most of the funds have been going into better understanding the process. People like him don't understand that our understanding of the climate isn't perfect and with each discovery it gets better. This is why we should give more money to earth science.

Today we understand far more about the magnitude of the warming. People like him want to do away with it as he hates science.

First, I love science. Second, you're a tool. Third, I want to defund an obvious scam.

For this "Climate science" There's are zero experiments showing how a wisp of CO2 raises temperature a measurable amount

ZERO experiments.

When we asked the AGWCult lunatics, they post a chart with no temperature axis.

Moreover, the leaders of the scam are telling us flat out the scam is to redistribute wealth. It's in fact a criminal enterprise that should be prosecuted under RICO.

Zero out Climate change scam

I hope ranting like a lunatic makes you feel better Frank.

I make very little exaggeration when I say that EVERY SINGLE scientist on this planet accepts that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that adding greenhouse gases to our atmosphere - even in the "wisp" domain - will cause the planet to warm. Do you actually believe they would all have accepted that point without experimental evidence?

The problem, as I've repeatedly stated, is that your science knowledge is so poor, you can't even see the experiment when its presented to you. Do America a favor and sign up for "Science for Ignorant Old Geeks" before you next vote.

I make very little exaggeration when I say that EVERY SINGLE scientist on this planet accepts that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that adding greenhouse gases to our atmosphere - even in the "wisp" domain - will cause the planet to warm. Do you actually believe they would all have accepted that point without experimental evidence?

The problem, as I've repeatedly stated, is that your science knowledge is so poor, you can't even see the experiment when its presented to you. Do America a favor and sign up for "Science for Ignorant Old Geeks" before you next vote.

Well, it well established that you're a pathological liar so a statement like "EVERY SINGLE scientist on this planet accepts that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and that adding greenhouse gases to our atmosphere - even in the "wisp" domain - will cause the planet to warm" just reinforces that image.

So with all these imaginary scientists accepting CO2 as their Savior, why is there not a single experiment that shows this "Warming" based upon increments of CO2?

Not one experiment

We've been asking. You've been shucking and jiving

The only experiment by Herr Koch shows CO2 does not cause warming as you propose

Real Science 1 - AGWCult 0

Ask Crick a real science question, one with what should be a numerical answer, get an insult in return

"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy"--IPCC Official policy

We ask for you to demonstrate this imaginary relationship between a wisp of CO2 and temperature and you show charts with no temperature axis. Are you a clown? Is that entertainment?

No, as I've stated repeatedly, the problem is your ignorance. Or your prejudice. I think perhaps you realize there is a relationship between the graphs of CO2's absorption spectra you've been shown on multiple occasions, and temperature. But you're desperate to try to make an argument and when all you've got is crap, that's what you fling.

No, as I've stated repeatedly, the problem is your ignorance. Or your prejudice. I think perhaps you realize there is a relationship between the graphs of CO2's absorption spectra you've been shown on multiple occasions, and temperature. But you're desperate to try to make an argument and when all you've got is crap, that's what you fling.

No, Honey Boo Boo.

Post an experiment that links a wisp of CO2 to temperature

So, Frank, do you believe the oceans are getting warmer? And if they are, what do you think could be causing it?

So, Frank, do you believe the oceans are getting warmer? And if they are, what do you think could be causing it?

One of the real scientists here posted that it take 700 times the energy to heat an equal volume of water compared to air. Assuming that's even an order of magnitude away from being accurate, are you contending that the same wisp of CO2 is warming both air and water?

I am. And 700 is a good ratio - I'm at least one of the ones who posted it.

I am. And 700 is a good ratio - I'm at least one of the ones who posted it.

So without an ocean to absorb this heat the atmosphere would have warmed 28 degrees? (700 x .4) Is that what your lab results show?

Get back to us when you've had an education Frank. For now, though, do you accept or reject the report that the oceans have warmed - continuing to warm even during what you claim has been a hiatus in warming?

Forum List

Back