• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not even.

The Bushes were front and center in proving that the word "conservative" is meaningless.

Poppy pissed away all the goodwill he got from the Reagan legacy within a year...Raised taxes after vowing not to, then provoked a fresh war in the ME.....Lost to Bubba Clintoon on purpose.

The boy Chimpola Dubya used the tragedy of 9/11™ to expand bureaucracy and grow gubmint like a knee-jerk liberoidal would have.....Spent more than his "liberal" predecessor by leaps and bounds...Not to be outdone by his duplicitous warmonger father, he started TWO foolhardy foreign wars.

If those two neocon asswipes are "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) I'm Murray Rothbard.

I voted yes, although I don't think these labels have much meaning any longer. He ran as a conservative and was touted as a conservative. He expanded the government police state adding the DHS and TSA. He passed the so called Patriot Act. He started two wars of choice in Iraq and Afghanistan where we are still mired in today after nearly 20 years. One of the worst presidents in modern history. Anyway, checks a lot of conservative boxes - pro police state, pro huge military, pro tax cuts for the rich, etc.

from George W Bush's memoir, talking about his dad's presidency:

"Operation Desert Storm was a stunning success"

2 sentences later:

"149 Americans were killed"

he was an idiot, that's how best to describe him

I agree that both Bushes were wrong and even evil.
Desert Storm was about returning the emir to power in Kuwait, even though he is not democratic or legitimate, and was responsible for stealing Iraqi oil.
Bush thought his dad should have taken out Saddam during the Gulf War. he ultimately did the deed himself!

Forum List

Back