Was god choosing Jesus just; or should the Father have chosen the cross for himself?

If you cannot recognize that you are calling evil good, you are a Satanist.

You you are calling a genocidal god good and that makes you a Satanist.

Regards
DL
No, you're calling the Creator of the universe a genocidal god. You're nuts.

??

What was Noah's flood?

Answer or go away as I do not have the patience for those who are obtuse and recalcitrant.

Retract your lie or be gone with my pity.

Regards
DL
The flood was judgment.

The flood was evil or natural.
First of all, you can not restore a species from less than 100 samples or so, not just a pair.
Second is that is not moral when it is also women and children being drown.

Actually there were 7 pairs of each, and the numbers are symbolic references anyway, but thanks for letting us know you're as ignorant of the concepts and the books as the OP poster is.
Jesus was also fully human, and had the free will to make a choice. He decided with both aspects that we were worth the price.

Yes, that's the way the books read. The Trinity doctrine was established very early on; it's just bizarre that the book is so widely available yet we have all these trolls who never read it constantly babbling nonsense over even the most basic stuff.
I have found this on every religion forum. Attracts all kinds of nuts.

Last edited:
Was god choosing Jesus just; or should the Father have chosen the cross for himself?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Chose here means Jesus being chosen to be the messiah and sacrifice to the Father. It also means the Father, --- and Judge in this case, --- deciding to demand and accept what is synonymous to a bribe.

That is an evil act to most people.

If you were the god you are to emulate, would you send your child to die or would you step up?

Should sons bury fathers or should fathers bury sons?

Regards
DL

Jesus is God. You should learn the terminology of the religions which intimidate you.

Do you punish the child for being disobedient?

In that situation, not unless you're a complete ass. Punish the kid for being a kid? I think not. The parent is supposed to be the adult. Punish the parent for not being an adult.
Adam and Eve weren't kids. Kids can't be fruitful and multiply. There should always be accountability for disobedience. Otherwise, why would anyone obey the rules?

A 13 yo can get pregnant. You think that makes her an adult? And A&E didn't even had the opportunity to live that 13 years. Their experience was considerably less. No. They were kids and God was a really bad parent.

Of course, that is probably the point. A capricious and violent deity will keep the congregation in line.
Now we're getting somewhere. You're angry at God. Have a great day. Bye.

Angry at God. Not in the least. I just don't buy stories that make God look bad.
Maybe you don’t understand the story.

In that situation, not unless you're a complete ass. Punish the kid for being a kid? I think not. The parent is supposed to be the adult. Punish the parent for not being an adult.
Adam and Eve weren't kids. Kids can't be fruitful and multiply. There should always be accountability for disobedience. Otherwise, why would anyone obey the rules?

A 13 yo can get pregnant. You think that makes her an adult? And A&E didn't even had the opportunity to live that 13 years. Their experience was considerably less. No. They were kids and God was a really bad parent.

Of course, that is probably the point. A capricious and violent deity will keep the congregation in line.

Angry at God. Not in the least. I just don't buy stories that make God look bad.
The Bible makes God look good. He forgives, blesses, heals, and gives eternal life.

I can certainly see how the NT makes Jesus look good. But God, not so much. He really comes off bad in the OT. In the NT, he just demands a blood sacrifice and then backs off. He's hardly in it at all.

You see, I read the Bible. I don't mean I studied it, I mean I actually read it. Like any other book. I took the actions of God as written, not applying a belief to it. I didn't start out saying God is good, therefore killing a bunch of innocent people to win a bet must be good. I apply the same moral standards to God I would apply to man.

So take a moment and do that. I have two kids and I demand they not use drugs. I then take a pound of coke and put it on the kitchen table, tell them these are the drugs they can't use and just walk away. I come back and find they used some. So I toss them out the door and tell them to never come back. What do you think? Father of the year? Or am I going to jail for criminal child neglect?

At Easter, why do you sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan?

Would you prefer good's plan to be derailed?

Are you a Satanist?

Regards
DL
You're nuts.

Regards
DL

??

What was Noah's flood?

Answer or go away as I do not have the patience for those who are obtuse and recalcitrant.

Regards
DL
The flood was judgment.

As well as genocide.

You are a typical Christian hypocrite. Go away. We are done.

Regards
DL

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Chose here means Jesus being chosen to be the messiah and sacrifice to the Father. It also means the Father, --- and Judge in this case, --- deciding to demand and accept what is synonymous to a bribe.

If you were the god you are to emulate, would you send your child to die or would you step up?

Regards
DL

Jesus is God. You should learn the terminology of the religions which intimidate you.

If Jesus is god, then god can die and is not eternal.

Thanks for killing the idea that god is eternal.

BTW, if a sacrifice does not stay dead, it is not a sacrifice. It is a joke.

Regards
DL

So I toss them out the door and tell them to never come back.

That would be the right thing to do, but god chose instead to lock away the tree of life and that neglect is him murdering A & E.

Think , as an analogy, how J Ws were found guilty of murder when they did not give their children a life saving transfusion.

God is shown as a bigger prick than most realize when you just read the bible as is.

Regards
DL

The Bible makes God look good. He forgives, blesses, heals, and gives eternal life.

I can certainly see how the NT makes Jesus look good. But God, not so much. He really comes off bad in the OT. In the NT, he just demands a blood sacrifice and then backs off. He's hardly in it at all.

You see, I read the Bible. I don't mean I studied it, I mean I actually read it. Like any other book. I took the actions of God as written, not applying a belief to it. I didn't start out saying God is good, therefore killing a bunch of innocent people to win a bet must be good. I apply the same moral standards to God I would apply to man.

So take a moment and do that. I have two kids and I demand they not use drugs. I then take a pound of coke and put it on the kitchen table, tell them these are the drugs they can't use and just walk away. I come back and find they used some. So I toss them out the door and tell them to never come back. What do you think? Father of the year? Or am I going to jail for criminal child neglect?
And yet the Jews of the OT saw God as loving and caring.

So whose view of God do you believe is in error? Yours? Or theirs?

I have zero doubt that the guy reading the accounts thousands of years later and reached a diametrically opposite perception than the ones living it reached is in error.

You're nuts.

Regards
DL

??

What was Noah's flood?

Regards
DL
The flood was judgment.

As well as genocide.

Regards
DL
All living things die. You might as well blame God for that too. While you are at it you should blame God for male pattern baldness.

The reality is you don’t believe in God. You are an atheist pretending to be a Gnostic Christian. So you make up all kinds of stupid bullshit.

Regards
DL

??

What was Noah's flood?

Regards
DL
The flood was judgment.

As well as genocide.

Regards
DL
All living things die. You might as well blame God for that too. While you are at it you should blame God for male pattern baldness.

The reality is you don’t believe in God. You are an atheist pretending to be a Gnostic Christian. So you make up all kinds of stupid bullshit.
Have you noticed he never acknowledges that there is a devil and a thing called sin. I think he has a mental illness.

??

What was Noah's flood?

Regards
DL
The flood was judgment.

As well as genocide.

Regards
DL

Have you noticed he never acknowledges that there is a devil and a thing called sin. I think he has a mental illness.
That mental illness is called militant atheism. He’s on a mission.

God can't make a mistake. God is perfect.

I have never understood this claim. God created man and man is imperfect. If a watchmaker makes a watch that doesn't work, is it the fault of the watchmaker or the watch?
God made man with free will. Man disobeyed. God provided a way back to perfection.

Your bible says that to perfect your wisdom you have to discard the Christian ideology and look elsewhere. IOW, you follow the wrong god.

Hebrews 6 King James Version; 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Regards
DL
Hebrews 6:1 does not say to leave Christian ideology and look elsewhere. It says to leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and pursue a mature doctrine of Christ.

The Hebrew Christians that this letter addresses were being tempted by Judaizers to abandon Christ and return to Moses. This correspondence is encouraging them to persevere and grow in Christ.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Sadly, fundamentalist Christians read only that Christ died for our sins. They read 1 Corinthians 15:3 and believe that he died for our sins but not that he died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures.

And yet the Jews of the OT saw God as loving and caring.

??

Where did the name Israel come from?

From Jacob fighting against God via his angel.

Israel means to strive both for and against god.

That Jewish view is exemplified in this link that judges god and finds him guilty.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

??

What was Noah's flood?

Regards
DL
The flood was judgment.

As well as genocide.

Regards
DL

Not your god.

Look in the mirror and see the kind of garbage sheeple your god has with their heads up his ass.

Regards
DL

Hebrews 6:1 does not say to leave Christian ideology and look elsewhere. It says to leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and pursue a mature doctrine of Christ.

Sure. Same thing to me. It says to put away the supernatural and other childish traits.

The Hebrew Christians that this letter addresses were being tempted by Judaizers to abandon Christ and return to Moses. This correspondence is encouraging them to persevere and grow in Christ.

Sure, but like all scriptures, it is understood to be for all souls. That is the thing with spiritual thinking.

Archetypal Jesus used no Jew, no Gentile or slave etc.

The message is to drop mythos and go logos.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Sadly, fundamentalist Christians read only that Christ died for our sins. They read 1 Corinthians 15:3 and believe that he died for our sins but not that he died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures.

Blame the bloodlust of those many Christains without empathy.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back