🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Was Paris' Bataclan concert hall a "gun free zone"

i would imagine, no matter the country or their gun laws, including ours, guns would not be allowed in a concert hall.

But according to old cowboy movies about the west......

Cowboys would shoot into the air and yell "Yee-Haw" whenever the performance was getting good!

I am pretty sure this is an old American tradition.

(PS--it would be difficult for several armed citizens that did not know each other to stop several well trained terrorist from killing people. The situation could actually become worst with the armed citizens shooting people that are not affiliated with the terrorists.

There are too many variables in that situation, plus when the authorities arrive, do you think they will have time to identify which are terrorists and which are citizens?

No. The idea that a handful of armed citizens, never working in battle scenario together, will take down well trained terrorists is mostly Hollywood fiction.

I support the right to bear arms, but if you find yourself with a gun in that situation, the best you can do is use it to help you and yours escape. It is too illogical for you to stay and fight.)
What is Hollywood fiction is the idea that armed citizens make the situation worse.

The real world examples of armed citizens making it worse are almost non-existant.

So are ones where they make it better.

Right here are the figures
EU population 500 million
US Population 350 million

EU gun homicides per 1000
US gun homicides per 1000

(per 100,000)
EU gun homcide rate 0.2
US gun homicide rate 3.2 (it is actually higher)

So if EU had the US Gun Homicide rate it would have 15714 deaths a year
So EU has 14714 less per year when compared with US

So for the 129 to be save it take 3.2 days.

Don't forget the 500 accidental gun deaths we have each year. I doubt the EU wants those. Accidents alone would kill more than the terrorists.

i would imagine, no matter the country or their gun laws, including ours, guns would not be allowed in a concert hall.

Cowboys would shoot into the air and yell "Yee-Haw" whenever the performance was getting good!

(PS--it would be difficult for several armed citizens that did not know each other to stop several well trained terrorist from killing people. The situation could actually become worst with the armed citizens shooting people that are not affiliated with the terrorists.

There are too many variables in that situation, plus when the authorities arrive, do you think they will have time to identify which are terrorists and which are citizens?

No. The idea that a handful of armed citizens, never working in battle scenario together, will take down well trained terrorists is mostly Hollywood fiction.

I support the right to bear arms, but if you find yourself with a gun in that situation, the best you can do is use it to help you and yours escape. It is too illogical for you to stay and fight.)
What is Hollywood fiction is the idea that armed citizens make the situation worse.

The real world examples of armed citizens making it worse are almost non-existant.

So you parrot. And then ignore the reality of DGU that have been presented all over this forum.

Examples of the ones that make it better are abound - you simply chose to remain willfully ignorant about them.

So you parrot. And then ignore the reality of DGU that have been presented all over this forum.

Examples of the ones that make it better are abound - you simply chose to remain willfully ignorant about them.

Really? There typically are fewer than one story a week. Many of those actually involve one criminal shooting another criminal or a bad situation made worse. And the good dgu stories are greatly outnumbered by accidental shootings which you can find daily.

Really? There typically are fewer than one story a week. Many of those actually involve one criminal shooting another criminal or a bad situation made worse. And the good dgu stories are greatly outnumbered by accidental shootings which you can find daily.
If you get your information from a 'news' story I can see why you are so misguided on DGU which mostly go unreported in general. Most are never even reported to the police.

If you get your information from a 'news' story I can see why you are so misguided on DGU which mostly go unreported in general. Most are never even reported to the police.

Really? And yet you claim to know how many there are? And you don't think most are unreported because it's a criminal defending himself? Lawful people would report them.

Anybody know if there were laws in place saying you can't bring a gun into the Bataclan concert hall in Paris, where terrorists methodically murdered 80-odd people, stopping to reload every now and then?

There were a thousand people in there for a concert. If even 1% of them had been armed, would the terrorists have had the 15 minutes they had before cops got there, to calmly slaughter so many people without being interrupted?
You would not be allowed to take a gun into a concert.

What do you think a gun free zone is?
The key is we are not talking what if concert goers were armed at this performance, but that they should be armed at every performance

As you can see, little rightwinger is trying to change the subject and/or lie about what the subject is. Typical leftist response to being refuted.

Back to the subject:
It's starting to look like, once again, people wanting to commit mass murders carefully picked out "gun free zones" to give themselves the maximum amount of time where they wouldn't be interrupted, to kill as many people as they could before the cops finally showed up.

When will the gun-banners ever take notice? How many lives could be saved if not for their absurd laws?

It takes a true level of delusion to think people should be carrying guns in nightclubs.

Even in a world with no gun laws at all, I can pretty much guarantee you that no club owner would be that crazy to allow guns.

What do you think a gun free zone is?
The key is we are not talking what if concert goers were armed at this performance, but that they should be armed at every performance

As you can see, little rightwinger is trying to change the subject and/or lie about what the subject is. Typical leftist response to being refuted.

Back to the subject:
It's starting to look like, once again, people wanting to commit mass murders carefully picked out "gun free zones" to give themselves the maximum amount of time where they wouldn't be interrupted, to kill as many people as they could before the cops finally showed up.

When will the gun-banners ever take notice? How many lives could be saved if not for their absurd laws?

Once again little nut, France does not have "gun zones" and "gun-free zones". Know why? Because it doesn't have that death-worshiping shoot-em-up mentality that we do. In other words it's less like us and more like .... the rest of the world. French culture is way more about wine and women and song ---- OK, not so much song if you know French music, but certainly food. You know, things that have to do with enjoying life, rather than things that have to do with enjoying death and destruction.

Consequently, marking out "zones" for guns or no-guns simply isn't an idea anyone would come up with. There would be no point. You're trying to project the sickness of your own culture onto a completely different one and claiming some kind of "zone" that not only exists here but not there, but is in any case meaningless.

That's why this entire thread has no point. It's built entirely on a strawman.

Forum List

Back