🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Was Paris' Bataclan concert hall a "gun free zone"

Back to the subject:
Anybody know if there were laws in place saying you can't bring a gun into the Bataclan concert hall in Paris, where terrorists methodically murdered 80-odd people, stopping to reload every now and then?

There were a thousand people in there for a concert. If even 1% of them had been armed, would the terrorists have had the 15 minutes they had before cops got there, to calmly slaughter so many people without being interrupted?

I don't know if guns are even allowed anywhere in public in France. I think they have strict gun control laws, but I would have to do some investigating.

I can't recall ever seeing a gun the entire time I lived in France. Not that I was looking, but I would have noticed.
Same is true for Ireland.

I don't know if guns are even allowed anywhere in public in France. I think they have strict gun control laws, but I would have to do some investigating.

I can't recall ever seeing a gun the entire time I lived in France. Not that I was looking, but I would have noticed.

And how often have you seen guns here in America, besides on television and movies?

And how often have you seen guns here in America, besides on television and movies?

'Bout every time I go out. Even in the fuggin' supermarket. I still notice them though. You can't afford not to.

When I mention not seeing them in France or Ireland, I mean including the police.

'Bout every time I go out. Even in the fuggin' supermarket.

Oh, will you stop!!! I NEVER see anyone with a gun when I leave my home. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen one on an ordinary citizen in my life!

'Bout every time I go out. Even in the fuggin' supermarket.

Oh, will you stop!!! I NEVER see anyone with a gun when I leave my home. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen one on an ordinary citizen in my life!

I see that many in a week.
Of course, I'm in the South too. And when I was in New Orleans --- forget it. Several times a day, right out in the open.

Why do you want to take a bunch of drunk, wild kids and hand out guns as they enter a concert hall? Do you do this hysterical ranting often?
Who else is going to be at the concert?
So, why do you want to take a bunch of drunk, wild kids and hand out guns as they enter a concert hall?

No one else has made that suggestion, except you.

It's starting to look like, once again, people wanting to commit mass murders carefully picked out "gun free zones" to give themselves the maximum amount of time where they wouldn't be interrupted, to kill as many people as they could before the cops finally showed up.

When will the gun-banners ever take notice? How many lives could be saved if not for their absurd laws?

Why do you want to take a bunch of drunk, wild kids and hand out guns as they enter a concert hall? Do you do this hysterical ranting often?
Who else is going to be at the concert?
So, why do you want to take a bunch of drunk, wild kids and hand out guns as they enter a concert hall?

No one else has made that suggestion, except you.

Would the audience have to pass some sort of sobriety test in order to keep their guns in the concert?

i would imagine, no matter the country or their gun laws, including ours, guns would not be allowed in a concert hall.

But according to old cowboy movies about the west......

Cowboys would shoot into the air and yell "Yee-Haw" whenever the performance was getting good!

I am pretty sure this is an old American tradition.

(PS--it would be difficult for several armed citizens that did not know each other to stop several well trained terrorist from killing people. The situation could actually become worst with the armed citizens shooting people that are not affiliated with the terrorists.

There are too many variables in that situation, plus when the authorities arrive, do you think they will have time to identify which are terrorists and which are citizens?

No. The idea that a handful of armed citizens, never working in battle scenario together, will take down well trained terrorists is mostly Hollywood fiction.

I support the right to bear arms, but if you find yourself with a gun in that situation, the best you can do is use it to help you and yours escape. It is too illogical for you to stay and fight.)

i would imagine, no matter the country or their gun laws, including ours, guns would not be allowed in a concert hall.

Cowboys would shoot into the air and yell "Yee-Haw" whenever the performance was getting good!

(PS--it would be difficult for several armed citizens that did not know each other to stop several well trained terrorist from killing people. The situation could actually become worst with the armed citizens shooting people that are not affiliated with the terrorists.

There are too many variables in that situation, plus when the authorities arrive, do you think they will have time to identify which are terrorists and which are citizens?

No. The idea that a handful of armed citizens, never working in battle scenario together, will take down well trained terrorists is mostly Hollywood fiction.

I support the right to bear arms, but if you find yourself with a gun in that situation, the best you can do is use it to help you and yours escape. It is too illogical for you to stay and fight.)
The key is we are not talking what if concert goers were armed at this performance, but that they should be armed at every performance

Anyone who has ever attended a concert would understand why that is NOT a good idea

What is Hollywood fiction is the idea that armed citizens make the situation worse.

The real world examples of armed citizens making it worse are almost non-existant.

What is Hollywood fiction is the idea that armed citizens make the situation worse.

The real world examples of armed citizens making it worse are almost non-existant.
We have 300 million guns....it is rare that one ever stops a massacre

We have 300 million guns....it is rare that one ever stops a massacre
You have already been shown that is utterly false. The fact that you reject the actual evidence is not my problem.

Again, the argument that gun ownership and carry leads to these situations that essentially never happen is asinine. The FACT is that we have plenty of people that carry here and these things do not happen. It is also a fact that DGU does indeed happen all the time.

Right here are the figures
EU population 500 million
US Population 350 million

EU gun homicides per 1000
US gun homicides per 1000

(per 100,000)
EU gun homcide rate 0.2
US gun homicide rate 3.2 (it is actually higher)

So if EU had the US Gun Homicide rate it would have 15714 deaths a year
So EU has 14714 less per year when compared with US

So for the 129 to be save it take 3.2 days.

Right here are the figures
EU population 500 million
US Population 350 million

EU gun homicides per 1000
US gun homicides per 1000

(per 100,000)
EU gun homcide rate 0.2
US gun homicide rate 3.2 (it is actually higher)

So if EU had the US Gun Homicide rate it would have 15714 deaths a year
So EU has 14714 less per year when compared with US

So for the 129 to be save it take 3.2 days.
Correlation does not equal causation.
england-full.png

Gun control and ownership have nothing to do with homicides at all.

Forum List

Back