Washington Post: As Biden warned about democracy’s collapse, TV networks aired reruns

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Must have driven the left leaning WaPo nuts! :laugh:

While President Biden warned the nation about threats to democracy in a prime time address on Thursday, ABC was airing a game show, “Press Your Luck.”

As Biden spelled out his objections to former president Donald Trump and “MAGA Republicans,” NBC was broadcasting a rerun of “Law and Order.” CBS skipped the speech to show a rerun of “Young Sheldon.”

Get out of town!!!
:auiqs.jpg:
Presidents rarely make speeches during prime TV viewing hours, and typically only do so to address a national crises or matter of exceptional urgency. The networks, in turn, typically carry presidential speeches when the White House requests the time and after previewing the president’s remarks.

However, they have passed on speeches that were part of campaign rallies or events, or when the subject was deemed insufficiently important or newsworthy. The networks, for example, decided not to carry a speech on immigration reform by then-president Barack Obama in November of 2014.

Last edited:
Only CNN and MSNBC televised it.

Presidents rarely make speeches during prime TV viewing hours, and typically only do so to address a national crises or matter of exceptional urgency. The networks, in turn, typically carry presidential speeches when the White House requests the time and after previewing the president’s remarks.

However, they have passed on speeches that were part of campaign rallies or events, or when the subject was deemed insufficiently important or newsworthy. The networks, for example, decided not to carry a speech on immigration reform by then-president Barack Obama in November of 2014.

People involved in negotiations over Thursday’s address said the networks deemed Biden’s remarks as “political” in nature and therefore decided not to televise it. These people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive discussions, cited the speech’s criticism of Trump — Biden’s possible political opponent in 2024 — and its timing two months before the midterm elections.

I'll have to revise my thinking about the TV networks upwards. Apparently they ain't in the tank for the democrats as much as I thought.

Only CNN and MSNBC televised it.

People involved in negotiations over Thursday’s address said the networks deemed Biden’s remarks as “political” in nature and therefore decided not to televise it. These people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive discussions, cited the speech’s criticism of Trump — Biden’s possible political opponent in 2024 — and its timing two months before the midterm elections.

I'll have to revise my thinking about the TV networks upwards. Apparently they ain't in the tank for the democrats as much as I thought.

CNN and the official Dimocrat party public relations dept MSNBC.

He never will man up, cowards never do. Several, when caught being stupid, just runaway.

Yeah I'm not surprised.
One thing I've noticed pretty consistently about this board with the left leaning members, anytime you point out a mistake one of them has made, and even when you prove it, they just won't own up to their mistake.

Forum List

Back