Watch Reagan And Bush Debate Immigration 33 Yrs Ago & Marvel How Far GOP Has Fallen

That was back before we in the gop realized that all these mexicans want is a free lunch and to be part of the 47% leeches who mooch off of us creators. We need to put up a wall and pray to almighty god that California is detroyed by a massive earthquake and no longer exists as a state! The mexicans will never vote for us. Never. Reagan was merely duped.

Unlike progressives, who blindly follow Obamalama 100% (and the rest of their progressive heroes).. We conservatives can have disagreements even with a President we mostly liked...

See.. As a conservative I can say that I believed Reagan to be wrong on the stance of border walls

33 years ago?

Times change. But you probably don't get that.

Really? Then why do conservatives still hold Reagan up as the paradigm, even over Goldwater?

I've never heard a Rightwinger qualify Reagan's conservatism, saying he was conservative for his time, or that was the definition of conservatism back then (it wasn't) or any of that.

I call bullshit.

Not falling for the same old cynical lolberal bait-and-switch again isn't falling anywhere...It's wising up.
Try that again in English, there, Slingblade.
Try comprehension....it does wonders for the soul....

Reagan was not infallible. His mistake with regard to immigration was a belief that the Democrat/progressive had honor and actually worked to keep their word. We all know better now, and will insist that border security comes BEFORE any other aspect of immigration reform.

Not to difficult to understand really, so I expect it will go over your head.

Oh, bullshit. Stop trying to excuse his behaviour with nonsense that you cannot back up.

We essentially did what they said. We didn't secure the border, we legalized the illegal immigrants, and we started a bunch of work visas. 33 years later, how do you think that turned out?

That's my problem with the new immigration plan. What are we going to do next time? Because if we pass the current plan being voted on, I guarantee that we'll be right back where we are today in another 30 years or so.

They are now legal, productive citizens, working hard and paying taxes?

33 years ago?

Times change. But you probably don't get that.

Really? Then why do conservatives still hold Reagan up as the paradigm, even over Goldwater?

I've never heard a Rightwinger qualify Reagan's conservatism, saying he was conservative for his time, or that was the definition of conservatism back then (it wasn't) or any of that.

I call bullshit.

Reagan lead.

Gee what a concept. Obama might want to give it a shot.

No, that would take leadership skills

By all means. Lets cut all criminals loose, not just the progressives favs

Try that again in English, there, Slingblade.
Try comprehension....it does wonders for the soul....

Reagan was not infallible. His mistake with regard to immigration was a belief that the Democrat/progressive had honor and actually worked to keep their word. We all know better now, and will insist that border security comes BEFORE any other aspect of immigration reform.

Not to difficult to understand really, so I expect it will go over your head.

Oh, bullshit. Stop trying to excuse his behaviour with nonsense that you cannot back up.
I'd debate you but you are too stupid.

Are the borders secure? No, they are not.

Did the Democrats promise, as part of the legislation that Reagan signed, to close the borders. Yes they did.

Why?

Because they cannot get enough educated citizens of this country to vote for them, so they have to go vote shopping outside this country to remain in power.

That is what the entire debate is about this time.

You want immigration reform, then this time, you are going to put up first, and then we'll see about the so called path to citizenship. Otherwise, fuck the entire bill.

Reagan learned a hard lesson on the trustworthiness of progressives. They are incapable of honest and honorable dealings. It is by this deed and the actions of past broken promises that compromise is no longer an acceptable ideal to achieve in Congress.

Never again will a progressive be trusted. That is the price of deceit.

Like I said. To far over your had I suspect.

Last edited:
We essentially did what they said. We didn't secure the border, we legalized the illegal immigrants, and we started a bunch of work visas. 33 years later, how do you think that turned out?

That's my problem with the new immigration plan. What are we going to do next time? Because if we pass the current plan being voted on, I guarantee that we'll be right back where we are today in another 30 years or so.

They are now legal, productive citizens, working hard and paying taxes?

33 years later we're right back were we started. Meaning what was passed wasn't a solution. It wasn't then, it isn't now.

So I'll ask again. What do people who support the current plan being voted on propose we do next time?

Forum List

Back