We are not going to let them take our businesses any longer. It's not going to happen.

So, Owebo, you think that just sending a trade agreement that improves NAFTA for us, but reduces Mexico's participation will be signed just because Trump sends it to them?

You've gotta be f**king kidding me.
So, you never negotiated anything.....you're clueless, we get it.....

Actually, I've negotiated many things during my 20 years in the Navy. Had to get connections with PSD when I was deployed so that I could get the pay for my crew right if there was a problem (my error rate was less than 2 percent, outstanding is anything less than 5). I also spent the last 2 1/2 years of my career in Recruiting, and if you think it's easy to get someone to sign a contract after a war has begun, think again.

And no...............you can't just send a contract, there has to be agreement on both sides of the fence, and if one party doesn't like what is being offered, they usually refuse.

So, Owebo, you think that just sending a trade agreement that improves NAFTA for us, but reduces Mexico's participation will be signed just because Trump sends it to them?

Actually, I've negotiated many things during my 20 years in the Navy. Had to get connections with PSD when I was deployed so that I could get the pay for my crew right if there was a problem (my error rate was less than 2 percent, outstanding is anything less than 5). I also spent the last 2 1/2 years of my career in Recruiting, and if you think it's easy to get someone to sign a contract after a war has begun, think again.

And no...............you can't just send a contract, there has to be agreement on both sides of the fence, and if one party doesn't like what is being offered, they usually refuse.
You are accustomed to bureaucracy.
If what we have is acceptable to our current Congress and President then we have shitheads running our country.

BTW, not ONE Liberal attorney has popped out of the woodwork to say Trump CAN'T renegotiate Trade Deals.
You lose.

You are accustomed to bureaucracy.
If what we have is acceptable to our current Congress and President then we have shitheads running our country.

Writing new contracts for new recruits joining up for boot camp isn't bureaucracy, it's solid negotiation. You have to find out what they want, what they have to offer, show them what you have for them, and somehow come to an agreement that is beneficial for both parties involved. THAT is negotiation. Sometimes, when I didn't have a particular job available that the applicant wanted, I had to come up with something else close to it and get them to want that job.

That is NEGOTIATION.

BTW, not ONE Liberal attorney has popped out of the woodwork to say Trump CAN'T renegotiate Trade Deals.
You lose.

Never said he couldn't try, just said that he's got obstacles in front of him (Congress and Mexico) that I really don't think he's got the ability to overcome.

Mainly because his negotiation style is "my way or the highway", and in politics, as well as trade agreements with other countries, that particular style doesn't work.

You lose.

Never said he couldn't try, just said that he's got obstacles in front of him (Congress and Mexico) that I really don't think he's got the ability to overcome.

Mainly because his negotiation style is "my way or the highway", and in politics, as well as trade agreements with other countries, that particular style doesn't work.
Not ONE Liberal Attorney.
More postings on this matter are silly.

You lose.

Wrong on all counts. Congress is not a problem because most Americans support renegotiating NAFTA and Mexico is not a problem because it can't stop the US from imposing tariffs on some imports from Mexico. Trump's negotiating philosophy is not my way or the highway but that no deal is sustainable unless both parties leave the table feeling satisfied.

Which would cause a sharp increase in the price of goods . Add to that retaliation by other. Countries .

Since righties freak over shit like higher min wage, I'm surprised they are cool with this plan?
Some goods might cost slightly more but it is unlikely these less developed countries could do much damage to our exports to them. What kind of American are you if you are willing to put other Americans out of work in order to get a slight discount on your next car?
What happened to trickle down?? Save somebody some money on their car so they can go create more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

No, that's not how it works ---- you've just demonstrated the fundamental ignorance of the issues at hand.
What happened to deregulation on businesses so they can be free to operate without the stranglehold, create more profits, which in turn creates more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
Cutting costs creates jobs. Redirection of corporate capital means more jobs.

Saving somebody money on their car does NOT create jobs. The buyer has a finite amount of money, and can only spend as much as he has. In the larger scheme of things, he can only buy as much "labor" as his funds.
I guess sarcasm doesn't play well via text... The irony I was alluding to was the conservative fiscal view of less taxes and less regulation to stimulate the economy and the apparent paradox that comes with the free trade situation... Lower prices save money for consumers and raise profits for businesses, in theory this should stimulate the economy and grow GDP... Same thing with deregulation, less expenses right?. Funny how the conservative proposal to the free trade delema is to impose contraints on businesses so they can't afford to leave and the end result is higher prices for the consumer.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea I just point out the irony. It is a very difficult issue.

You lose.

Wrong on all counts. Congress is not a problem because most Americans support renegotiating NAFTA and Mexico is not a problem because it can't stop the US from imposing tariffs on some imports from Mexico. Trump's negotiating philosophy is not my way or the highway but that no deal is sustainable unless both parties leave the table feeling satisfied.

OH! I was wondering why so many people want Trump for President...because they DISAGREE with his BLATANT platform.
And other dumb crap you'd like to post?

Quick question..................do any of you REALLY believe that Trump is going to be able to somehow wave a magical pen that will bring back jobs?

Sorry...............not gonna happen. All he can do as president is lobby Congress to make a better trade agreement for us, but if Congress doesn't pass it, he can't sign it into law.

Besides.............if you REALLY want to bring back jobs to the US, you're gonna have to convince Congress that they have to quit listening to corporate lobbyists who only have the interests of big business at heart, and start listening to the people and actually looking at what is going on in their district and state.
Do I believe? Yes ...

He has, at his disposal, access to regulation and application of a massive amount of business law. Cutting regulation will unleash a significant amount of business capital for reinvestment.

Some goods might cost slightly more but it is unlikely these less developed countries could do much damage to our exports to them. What kind of American are you if you are willing to put other Americans out of work in order to get a slight discount on your next car?
What happened to trickle down?? Save somebody some money on their car so they can go create more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

No, that's not how it works ---- you've just demonstrated the fundamental ignorance of the issues at hand.
What happened to deregulation on businesses so they can be free to operate without the stranglehold, create more profits, which in turn creates more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Saving somebody money on their car does NOT create jobs. The buyer has a finite amount of money, and can only spend as much as he has. In the larger scheme of things, he can only buy as much "labor" as his funds.
I guess sarcasm doesn't play well via text... The irony I was alluding to was the conservative fiscal view of less taxes and less regulation to stimulate the economy and the apparent paradox that comes with the free trade situation... Lower prices save money for consumers and raise profits for businesses, in theory this should stimulate the economy and grow GDP... Same thing with deregulation, less expenses right?. Funny how the conservative proposal to the free trade delema is to impose contraints on businesses so they can't afford to leave and the end result is higher prices for the consumer.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea I just point out the irony. It is a very difficult issue.
You are one of the more clueless democrats....hitlery must love you....

You lose.

I apologize as I did not address part of your ridiculous post.
CONGRESS is in favor of renegotiating NAFTA and almost ALL of Congress is anti-Trump?!
Am I missing something from your illusions?
Congress will make it WORSE for the US at the same time they say they will make it better.

Quick question..................do any of you REALLY believe that Trump is going to be able to somehow wave a magical pen that will bring back jobs?

Sorry...............not gonna happen. All he can do as president is lobby Congress to make a better trade agreement for us, but if Congress doesn't pass it, he can't sign it into law.

Besides.............if you REALLY want to bring back jobs to the US, you're gonna have to convince Congress that they have to quit listening to corporate lobbyists who only have the interests of big business at heart, and start listening to the people and actually looking at what is going on in their district and state.
Of course, he will be able to persuade Congress, and this is why:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters think the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico needs to be renegotiated. Just 27% disagree, but nearly as many (23%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Voters Aren’t Happy with NAFTA, Other Free Trade Deals - Rasmussen Reports™

Among those who will support him are the trade unions which have always been opposed to NAFTA. Even Hillary now says NAFTA was a mistake.

Don't forget the other part of the equation, because Mexico has to accept it as well. If they don't like it, they won't sign it.

And there is nothing Trump can do to force them.

Therein lies the "art of the deal" - you position Mexico, and Canada, so that they can't afford NOT to accept the deal. Suppose, for example, Trump were to say "Either sign it or we will completely close the border to all Mexican (or Canadian) goods. In addition, we will no longer provide military support for your country's security."

I'm guessing that would work.

You lose.

Did you ever consider that if we imposed tariffs on Mexico without them agreeing to it, they would just increase tariffs on US goods going into Mexico?

Besides..............Mexico imports 126 Billion dollars each year from the USA, and we in turn import 177 Billion dollars from them. But lots of the trade is parts that are shipped here to finish off products built here.

Here's a link.

U.S.-Mexico: Trade and Investment at a Glance

And if you don't think Trump has a my way or the highway view of negotiation, check out how he screwed the people of Scotland for his golf course.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters think the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico needs to be renegotiated. Just 27% disagree, but nearly as many (23%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Among those who will support him are the trade unions which have always been opposed to NAFTA. Even Hillary now says NAFTA was a mistake.

Don't forget the other part of the equation, because Mexico has to accept it as well. If they don't like it, they won't sign it.

Wrong again...
The President has ENORMOUS power when it comes to Foreign Trade.

Okay............I'll bite...........exactly HOW (please provide at least 3 examples of this enormous power) would Trump be able to force Mexico to sign a trade agreement that is good for us, but less good for them?

1) Sign or we will no longer allow your goods to cross the border.

2) Sign or we will withdraw all military support for your country's security.

3) Sign or we will begin drilling offshore near all those really cool resorts that Americans pay for.

Need more?

Next time, make it a tough question, okay?

You lose.

Did you ever consider that if we imposed tariffs on Mexico without them agreeing to it, they would just increase tariffs on US goods going into Mexico?

Besides..............Mexico imports 126 Billion dollars each year from the USA, and we in turn import 177 Billion dollars from them. But lots of the trade is parts that are shipped here to finish off products built here.

Here's a link.

U.S.-Mexico: Trade and Investment at a Glance

And if you don't think Trump has a my way or the highway view of negotiation, check out how he screwed the people of Scotland for his golf course.

I'm terrified of Mexico.
I would really miss the heroin.
And the cigars; or was that Cuba?
And the wine and cheese; or was that France?
And the terrorism; or was that the entire Arab world?
Remind me again of what Mexico has, besides slaves, that the US doesn't have?

Seriously, how young are you?

I'm not a democrat. And my posts seem to go right over your head. Look In The mirror if you wanna see clueless

Therein lies the "art of the deal" - you position Mexico, and Canada, so that they can't afford NOT to accept the deal. Suppose, for example, Trump were to say "Either sign it or we will completely close the border to all Mexican (or Canadian) goods. In addition, we will no longer provide military support for your country's security."

I'm guessing that would work.

Completely close the border to trade with Canada and Mexico? Are you nuts? That would screw up our economy even worse than what it is right now. Besides..............Republicans want to have the Keystone pipeline, so shutting off trade with Canada is a non starter.

As far as military support? Mexico and Canada don't start wars very often. Usually it's the USA asking them to send troops in support of US.

I'm not a democrat. And my posts seem to go right over your head. Look In The mirror if you wanna see clueless

I took you for a Liberal and then I decided to no longer take you.

I took you for a Liberal and then I decided to no longer take you.
I shall lose sleep. Nice picture btw

Forum List

Back