We are not going to let them take our businesses any longer. It's not going to happen.

What happened to deregulation on businesses so they can be free to operate without the stranglehold, create more profits, which in turn creates more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
Cutting costs creates jobs. Redirection of corporate capital means more jobs.

Saving somebody money on their car does NOT create jobs. The buyer has a finite amount of money, and can only spend as much as he has. In the larger scheme of things, he can only buy as much "labor" as his funds.
I guess sarcasm doesn't play well via text... The irony I was alluding to was the conservative fiscal view of less taxes and less regulation to stimulate the economy and the apparent paradox that comes with the free trade situation... Lower prices save money for consumers and raise profits for businesses, in theory this should stimulate the economy and grow GDP... Same thing with deregulation, less expenses right?. Funny how the conservative proposal to the free trade delema is to impose contraints on businesses so they can't afford to leave and the end result is higher prices for the consumer.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea I just point out the irony. It is a very difficult issue.
You are one of the more clueless democrats....hitlery must love you....
I'm not a democrat. And my posts seem to go right over your head. Look In The mirror if you wanna see clueless

I took you for a Liberal and then I decided to no longer take you.
Game, set, match.......well played my conservative brother....well played....

Quick question..................do any of you REALLY believe that Trump is going to be able to somehow wave a magical pen that will bring back jobs?

Sorry...............not gonna happen. All he can do as president is lobby Congress to make a better trade agreement for us, but if Congress doesn't pass it, he can't sign it into law.

Besides.............if you REALLY want to bring back jobs to the US, you're gonna have to convince Congress that they have to quit listening to corporate lobbyists who only have the interests of big business at heart, and start listening to the people and actually looking at what is going on in their district and state.
Of course, he will be able to persuade Congress, and this is why:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters think the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico needs to be renegotiated. Just 27% disagree, but nearly as many (23%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Voters Aren’t Happy with NAFTA, Other Free Trade Deals - Rasmussen Reports™

Among those who will support him are the trade unions which have always been opposed to NAFTA. Even Hillary now says NAFTA was a mistake.

Don't forget the other part of the equation, because Mexico has to accept it as well. If they don't like it, they won't sign it.

And there is nothing Trump can do to force them.

Therein lies the "art of the deal" - you position Mexico, and Canada, so that they can't afford NOT to accept the deal. Suppose, for example, Trump were to say "Either sign it or we will completely close the border to all Mexican (or Canadian) goods. In addition, we will no longer provide military support for your country's security."

I'm guessing that would work.

Completely close the border to trade with Canada and Mexico? Are you nuts? That would screw up our economy even worse than what it is right now. Besides..............Republicans want to have the Keystone pipeline, so shutting off trade with Canada is a non starter.

As far as military support? Mexico and Canada don't start wars very often. Usually it's the USA asking them to send troops in support of US.
Ignorance, when worn with hubris, is such an ugly thing.

The US, thru NORAD, picks up just about 88% of all military costs for defending Canada, the US, and Mexico (you didn't even know that Mexico was included, did you?)

Let's allow both countries to pay for their own defense - the resulting cost of military increase would bankrupt both.

Further, let's move all those US businesses currently in Canada and Mexico back to the US - simply done, btw -- and see how well their economies hold up. What, again, would be the influence of bringing those businesses back to the US??

You've got to remember - we have the customers, and we have the capital - with that kind of power, you can make corporations dance.

Some goods might cost slightly more but it is unlikely these less developed countries could do much damage to our exports to them. What kind of American are you if you are willing to put other Americans out of work in order to get a slight discount on your next car?
What happened to trickle down?? Save somebody some money on their car so they can go create more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

No, that's not how it works ---- you've just demonstrated the fundamental ignorance of the issues at hand.
What happened to deregulation on businesses so they can be free to operate without the stranglehold, create more profits, which in turn creates more jobs... Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
Cutting costs creates jobs. Redirection of corporate capital means more jobs.

Saving somebody money on their car does NOT create jobs. The buyer has a finite amount of money, and can only spend as much as he has. In the larger scheme of things, he can only buy as much "labor" as his funds.
I guess sarcasm doesn't play well via text... The irony I was alluding to was the conservative fiscal view of less taxes and less regulation to stimulate the economy and the apparent paradox that comes with the free trade situation... Lower prices save money for consumers and raise profits for businesses, in theory this should stimulate the economy and grow GDP... Same thing with deregulation, less expenses right?. Funny how the conservative proposal to the free trade delema is to impose contraints on businesses so they can't afford to leave and the end result is higher prices for the consumer.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea I just point out the irony. It is a very difficult issue.
You're missing the main point. It's true that free trade and minimal regulation produces a robust economy, but which economy are we talking about, the global economy or our national economy? Since at least the 1990's many people assumed wrongly they were the same thing. When the Clintons pushed NAFTA and the WTO, there was strong support from Republicans for whom free trade was a mantra, but much opposition from Democrats who feared correctly it would hurt Americans workers.

Trump says these treaties were a mistake he will correct and he will have the support of all those disillusioned Republicans who supported them in the 1990's along with all those Democrats who mourn the loss of US jobs they created. Trump will still support minimal regulation within our national economy and in trade with other developed countries.

So, you never negotiated anything.....you're clueless, we get it.....

Actually, I've negotiated many things during my 20 years in the Navy. Had to get connections with PSD when I was deployed so that I could get the pay for my crew right if there was a problem (my error rate was less than 2 percent, outstanding is anything less than 5). I also spent the last 2 1/2 years of my career in Recruiting, and if you think it's easy to get someone to sign a contract after a war has begun, think again.

And no...............you can't just send a contract, there has to be agreement on both sides of the fence, and if one party doesn't like what is being offered, they usually refuse.
BTW, not ONE Liberal attorney has popped out of the woodwork to say Trump CAN'T renegotiate Trade Deals.
You lose.

Never said he couldn't try, just said that he's got obstacles in front of him (Congress and Mexico) that I really don't think he's got the ability to overcome.

Mainly because his negotiation style is "my way or the highway", and in politics, as well as trade agreements with other countries, that particular style doesn't work.
Wrong on all counts. Congress is not a problem because most Americans support renegotiating NAFTA and Mexico is not a problem because it can't stop the US from imposing tariffs on some imports from Mexico. Trump's negotiating philosophy is not my way or the highway but that no deal is sustainable unless both parties leave the table feeling satisfied.

OH! I was wondering why so many people want Trump for President...because they DISAGREE with his BLATANT platform.
And other dumb crap you'd like to post?
Are you aware that while your posts show a lot of emotion they are devoid of any signs of intellect?

Quick question..................do any of you REALLY believe that Trump is going to be able to somehow wave a magical pen that will bring back jobs?

Sorry...............not gonna happen. All he can do as president is lobby Congress to make a better trade agreement for us, but if Congress doesn't pass it, he can't sign it into law.

Besides.............if you REALLY want to bring back jobs to the US, you're gonna have to convince Congress that they have to quit listening to corporate lobbyists who only have the interests of big business at heart, and start listening to the people and actually looking at what is going on in their district and state.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters think the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico needs to be renegotiated. Just 27% disagree, but nearly as many (23%) are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Among those who will support him are the trade unions which have always been opposed to NAFTA. Even Hillary now says NAFTA was a mistake.

Don't forget the other part of the equation, because Mexico has to accept it as well. If they don't like it, they won't sign it.

Therein lies the "art of the deal" - you position Mexico, and Canada, so that they can't afford NOT to accept the deal. Suppose, for example, Trump were to say "Either sign it or we will completely close the border to all Mexican (or Canadian) goods. In addition, we will no longer provide military support for your country's security."

Completely close the border to trade with Canada and Mexico? Are you nuts? That would screw up our economy even worse than what it is right now. Besides..............Republicans want to have the Keystone pipeline, so shutting off trade with Canada is a non starter.

As far as military support? Mexico and Canada don't start wars very often. Usually it's the USA asking them to send troops in support of US.

The US, thru NORAD, picks up just about 88% of all military costs for defending Canada, the US, and Mexico (you didn't even know that Mexico was included, did you?)

Let's allow both countries to pay for their own defense - the resulting cost of military increase would bankrupt both.

Further, let's move all those US businesses currently in Canada and Mexico back to the US - simply done, btw -- and see how well their economies hold up. What, again, would be the influence of bringing those businesses back to the US??

You've got to remember - we have the customers, and we have the capital - with that kind of power, you can make corporations dance.

Ever consider that if we limited NORAD to just the United States, we wouldn't have enough warning if missiles were launched to get a counter attack. The reason the range is so big, is because it has to be.

So, you never negotiated anything.....you're clueless, we get it.....

Actually, I've negotiated many things during my 20 years in the Navy. Had to get connections with PSD when I was deployed so that I could get the pay for my crew right if there was a problem (my error rate was less than 2 percent, outstanding is anything less than 5). I also spent the last 2 1/2 years of my career in Recruiting, and if you think it's easy to get someone to sign a contract after a war has begun, think again.

And no...............you can't just send a contract, there has to be agreement on both sides of the fence, and if one party doesn't like what is being offered, they usually refuse.
BTW, not ONE Liberal attorney has popped out of the woodwork to say Trump CAN'T renegotiate Trade Deals.
You lose.

Never said he couldn't try, just said that he's got obstacles in front of him (Congress and Mexico) that I really don't think he's got the ability to overcome.

Mainly because his negotiation style is "my way or the highway", and in politics, as well as trade agreements with other countries, that particular style doesn't work.
Wrong on all counts. Congress is not a problem because most Americans support renegotiating NAFTA and Mexico is not a problem because it can't stop the US from imposing tariffs on some imports from Mexico. Trump's negotiating philosophy is not my way or the highway but that no deal is sustainable unless both parties leave the table feeling satisfied.

Did you ever consider that if we imposed tariffs on Mexico without them agreeing to it, they would just increase tariffs on US goods going into Mexico?

Besides..............Mexico imports 126 Billion dollars each year from the USA, and we in turn import 177 Billion dollars from them. But lots of the trade is parts that are shipped here to finish off products built here.

Here's a link.

U.S.-Mexico: Trade and Investment at a Glance

And if you don't think Trump has a my way or the highway view of negotiation, check out how he screwed the people of Scotland for his golf course.
The only things that will be subject to tariffs will be things that are manufactured here and since Mexico doesn't import from the Us anything that is manufactured in Mexico, there will be no retaliation.

My way or the highway is just anti Trump propaganda. Trump has always been explicit about the need for mutual compromise and and mutual satisfaction for any deal to be sustainable. Trump is either the sole proprietor or a limited partner in over 500 different businesses, so it would be a miracle if some people didn't have complaints about him.

Ever consider that if we limited NORAD to just the United States, we wouldn't have enough warning if missiles were launched to get a counter attack. The reason the range is so big, is because it has to be.

Actually, that's not even remotely true. You base your supposition on the assumption that we will wait until they are over US soil to act ... when, in actually, as soon as we identify a US target (much faster than you have any idea), we will respond appropriately. Now if the residue were to fall in British Columbia ... oh well.

You lose.

OH! I was wondering why so many people want Trump for President...because they DISAGREE with his BLATANT platform.
Are you aware that while your posts show a lot of emotion they are devoid of any signs of intellect?
Are you aware that you lost the moment I made you aware that not one Liberal Attorney has stated that Trump is incapable of accomplishing his Platform?
I noticed after that fact was stated that you started reaching a bit.

You lose.

Are you aware that you lost the moment I made you aware that not one Liberal Attorney has stated that Trump is incapable of accomplishing his Platform?

What do liberal attorneys have to do with anything? It's Congress, Mexico and Canada that have to be negotiated with to change NAFTA. The attorneys can only tell you the legal ways to do it properly, they can't tell you how well someone will or won't negotiate. And, based on what I've heard, as well as what I've seen the politicians do, there is no way in hell Trump can accomplish even 10 percent of what he has promised thus far.

What do liberal attorneys have to do with anything? It's Congress, Mexico and Canada that have to be negotiated with to change NAFTA. The attorneys can only tell you the legal ways to do it properly, they can't tell you how well someone will or won't negotiate. And, based on what I've heard, as well as what I've seen the politicians do, there is no way in hell Trump can accomplish even 10 percent of what he has promised thus far.

BECAUSE I wouldn't have to wait a YEAR for YOU to tell me that Trump CAN'T ACCOMPLISH his Platform.
Are you that fucking stupid?
If Trump was FULL OF SHIT on what a President could do, HIS MAIN RIVAL, who happens to be an ATTORNEY, aka Crooked Hillary, would have gone out of her way to tell everyone that Trump is FULL OF SHIT.

It means when he gets to be Prezdent...

... he gonna put a stop to Ford...

... movin' all dey's car factories to Mexico...

... so's Americans can keep dey's jobs.
When is the braggart going to move his jobs back to the USA?

BECAUSE I wouldn't have to wait a YEAR for YOU to tell me that Trump CAN'T ACCOMPLISH his Platform.
If Trump was FULL OF SHIT on what a President could do, HIS MAIN RIVAL, who happens to be an ATTORNEY, aka Crooked Hillary, would have gone out of her way to tell everyone that Trump is FULL OF SHIT.

Actually, if you believe half of what Trump says, it's you that are that stupid. He hasn't even stated how he's going to pay for it or how the process to accomplish anything is going to work.

Besides................I've already heard Hillary say that many of Trump's policies and ideas are unworkable because of the large increase in government, as well as have heard her state publicly that Trump doesn't understand how government works.

What can't he accomplish? He will have all the support he needs in Congress to either renegotiate trade deals that are not beneficial to the US or to extricate us from them. He will have all the support he needs to build the wall, implement E-Verify and deport illegals who are already here. He will have all the support he needs to limit immigration to only those who can be vetted with a high degree of confidence. Tax reform will be an area of compromise. Is there anything else?

How in the hell do you bring back companies? Come on, tell us big boy....

What can't he accomplish? He will have all the support he needs in Congress to either renegotiate trade deals that are not beneficial to the US or to extricate us from them. He will have all the support he needs to build the wall, implement E-Verify and deport illegals who are already here. He will have all the support he needs to limit immigration to only those who can be vetted with a high degree of confidence. Tax reform will be an area of compromise. Is there anything else?
Have you never heard of fast track negotiating powers that the president has?

Actually, if you believe half of what Trump says, it's you that are that stupid. He hasn't even stated how he's going to pay for it or how the process to accomplish anything is going to work.

Besides................I've already heard Hillary say that many of Trump's policies and ideas are unworkable because of the large increase in government, as well as have heard her state publicly that Trump doesn't understand how government works.
Strawman...Not ONE Liberal Attorney has stated that Trump CANNOT accomplish his Platform.
And after he does, the US will start generating money to pay off whatever expenses are incurred.

It means when he gets to be Prezdent...

... he gonna put a stop to Ford...

... movin' all dey's car factories to Mexico...

... so's Americans can keep dey's jobs.
When is the braggart going to move his jobs back to the USA?
Jan 20, 2017.
What is wrong with now.....????What is wrong with never doing it if this is what he believes essential to US prosperity?

If you had a business and personal and professional expenses could YOU compete in today's market?
Running a business has tremendous overhead.

Nobody is "Taking" our businesses. Our businesses are leaving on their own to lower expenses. Cheap labor and Lower taxes being the main factors. It is a big mess that I don't see a clear path to recover from yet.

Then, logic would say that if you want to keep the businesses - keep the jobs - you need to be more competitive on the labor and tax fronts.

Why do people try to make this rocket surgery?

Or, the "analysts" have to stop putting insane goals on ever growing profits. Once upon a time, companies employed people and paid a fair wage. They made money for the CEO and the shareholders. The employees had enough income to actually buy the stuff they made. long term plans were made. Now it's all about the shareholder and the quaterly results. I've been in places where they actually stopped entering orders near the end of a quarter if they made the 'numbers". Because going over them does not reward much, but if they fell short next quarter, the share price would suffer. The entire stock market is screwed up. More so when you factor in that stocks being traded, outside of IPOs, bring nothing to the company.

Forum List

Back